Is There Pizza and Ice Cream In Heaven?

28 Feb
Is There Pizza and Ice Cream In Heaven?

I can’t remember a time in my life we I didn’t have allergies. I can remember walking to school as a boy coughing, and hacking, and being miserable. Doctor after doctor treated me to no avail. It was always blamed on dust, mold, and different grasses. After so many years of fighting it I concluded that I was just going to be miserable certain months of the year.

As the years flew by my allergies continued longer and longer each year. Again, doctors treated me, and allergists shot me, week after week. Still, there was little relief. At one point last year I was taking 5 medications orally, and 2 different inhalers. Still, no relief. The allergies at this point did not let up any time of the year. I still functioned my regular schedule, but never felt well very often.

In October of last year I was having problems with a hiatal hernia. My gastroenterologist recommended for me not to eat anything after 6:00pm. We began having our main meal everyday between 2:00pm and 3:00pm. Most of my life I have eaten a bowl, well, maybe a big bowl of ice cream every evening. After our schedule change this still gave me some time to have my ice cream before 6:00pm. I noticed that I would really get sick after eating it. Nothing else in the environment had changed, but I would get very sick coughing, and well, I’ll relieve you of the other details. So I began to think maybe it was the ice cream.

To make a long story short, after experimenting with foods myself over a period of time, I concluded that I had a dairy allergy. I conferred with my doctor, and he was in agreement based upon my experimenting that I indeed had one. I had already confirmed it to myself no matter what any doctor were to tell me. I want to fess up right now and tell you that I really love good pizza, various types of cheese, and most Italian food. Ice cream was a daily ritual. I have drank many a gallon of fresh milk. And chocolate was also a regular favorite. Needless to say, my eating life has changed. We have found some substitutes, but none are the real deal.

I have probably told you all way too much, and a lot more than you care knowing about my newly discovered health condition. But the point is, I have this allergy because of the Fall of Adam. Yes, the blame is on him. We always need to have a scapegoat. But, because I am one of his offspring, the blame is also on me. Since the Fall, all of God’s creation has been groaning under the weight of sin (Romans 8:22). All of creation is waiting for that glorious day when sin will be no more. The curse will be removed, and we will live in a new heaven and on a new earth. This is every believers hope. We have this hope only because of Christ, and His work on our behalf.

Now, I have looked and looked, and I still don’t know the answer. Will I get to catch up on my missed pizza and ice cream in Heaven? By the way, I have a perfect cholesterol reading.

Tags: , , , , ,

17 responses to “Is There Pizza and Ice Cream In Heaven?

1. Faith Love n Desire

February 28, 2014 at 6:40 am

You know I think it’s a very sweet post! I really love reading your posts..and this one brings a sweet smile on my face! Awesome!
    And chocolates and ice-creams are my favorite! Great post my dear friend!

2. insideheathershead

February 28, 2014 at 10:47 am

It’s so crazy to me that Eve had everything she could possibly have wanted and it still wasn’t enough. Well, I guess it’s not so crazy. We have shopping malls and big box stores because we never have enough. I digress… So often we love and crave the things that are making us ill. For Eve, it was “fruit”. For you, ice cream. For me, it’s a pantry full of grub. Thank you for your honesty and reminding me that I when I’m not feeling well, I need to look at the source. I need to ask myself if God is walking in the Garden and I’m hiding in the bushes to hide my shame.

February 28, 2014 at 11:25 am

As their offspring it is part of our nature. As believers it is still part of our sin nature. We are never satisfied. We also have pantries full of grub. I’m still getting plenty to eat, just not my favorites. Lol Have a great day!

3. kevinjandt

February 28, 2014 at 4:27 pm

really like the post Levi. Blessings to you.

4. A Servant

February 28, 2014 at 7:04 pm

That was an incredible post. Passion, joy and a good dose of God’s word. A recipe best served with rocky road and deep dish pan pizza.
    A Servant

February 28, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Thanks brother. Your recipe sounds wonderful!

• A Servant

February 28, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Your picture looked tasty.

February 28, 2014 at 8:19 pm

It does at that. I took it from Google. The soy ice cream I eat now is not very good. I’m now eating real fruit Popsicles. My wife made me a pizza yesterday and it wasn’t bad at all. It kind of took care of my craving, but not like the deep dish pizza you talked about earlier. I will survive I’m sure. Lol

• A Servant

February 28, 2014 at 8:24 pm

As a child I had everything you mentioned. Back then you got all those shots on your back to measure reaction with a metal ruler which was a merciful touch to those itching bumps. When I was older I needed a histamine blocker for acid reflux. The blocker made my allergies tolerable. I still avoid the dust, molds and hay but nothing like it used to be.

February 28, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I’m glad yours are much better. I’m now anxious for Spring just to see how I react. I have been totally clear now since no dairy. I tried two teaspoons of grated cheese and got sick within 10 minutes a few weeks ago. I’m a cattle rancher so it’s impossible for me to avoid what you mentioned above. I wear a lot of masks.

5. Petra

February 28, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Congrats on your perfect cholesterol. I’ve switched from cow’s milk to almond milk (sweetened with vanilla). It’s not the same but very good. I’ve got something almost as good as ice cream and I crave it daily, a smoothie made from fresh and frozen fruits, spinach, and almond milk. It’s rich, creamy, yummy. I’ve also traded butter for expeller-pressed coconut oi. Yes, we live in a fallen world with bodies that tend to fall apart quicker if we do not take care of them. Thank you for the reminder. Blessings.

February 28, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Hey Petra, I may try your smoothie. I actually prefer soy milk to almond myself. I have found some other dairy free cheeses, butter, etc that are actually pretty good but they don’t melt like cheese does. Praise The Lord my health is really good except for allergies which are major problems. Thanks for chatting. I always enjoy you. Have a great weekend!

6. Annie

September 9, 2014 at 8:24 pm

And hopefully chocolate is at Heaven’s feast. I am allergic to that!!! Great post!

September 9, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Me too! Lol. I can’t have it either. We’ll have a party!!

7. Anna Waldherr