A Prayer Prayed and A Friend Provided

03 Mar
A Prayer Prayed and A Friend Provided

I own several rental properties, both residential and commercial. Since 1989 I have had hardly any vacancies. What few I have had were for only just days, not weeks or months. I always try to match the property to the folks wanting to lease them.

Only a few days after 911 our son Levi II joined the Marines. He felt it was his duty to represent our family, since he was the only one not married. We had just given him 5 acres just up the road from us, and he had built a new house. Since he had enlisted for 5 years he wasn’t going to need the house. He and I made a deal and I purchased the house and turned it into a rental property. It is a really cute home, but not real large with 1300 sqft. It best fits a small family.

About 3 years ago our long time tenants had purchased a home. I began to consider who I would like to lease this home to. To make matters a little more complicated, between my house, and the rental is where my daughter and her family live. We had also given them 5 acres several years before. My granddaughter Alyson (age 8), who lives there, didn’t have any local friends. This is a problem in the country. Neighbors can be a mile apart. She asked me, “Poppie would you rent it to somebody who has a kid”? I told her that I would not lease it to anybody that didn’t have a young girl. I began to pray toward that end.

I immediately had folks wanting to lease the house. The only problem was there was no young playmate for Alyson. After a few days, a young lady named Jessica inquired about the house. When I met her and her mother to show the house, there she was, Josalyn, only a year younger than Alyson. I must say, I was elated, and they were thrilled with the house. We signed the lease, and Josalyn and Alyson have been BFF since. It has worked out really well for all of us.

This seems like a very simple thing, and it is. I prayed and The Lord supplied. I believed that He would send me a family with a young daughter, and He did. I could have leased it thinking just about the money, and it would have already been leased when Jessica called. The Lord has proved Himself faithful to me in much greater needs than this so many times before. How could I doubt Him? Like I taught on the life of David three weeks ago; David looked back to the defense of his sheep, killing bears and lions, so Goliath, the Philistine, was of no concern to him ( I Sam.18:34-37). David knew that God was able to deliver him. And God did deliver Goliath into the hand of David. The little shepherd boy slew the blasphemous giant.

May we never forget the things The Lord has done for us. When we pray we need to believe that He will answer us ( Matthew 21:22). We may not always get the answers that we wish for, but we know that He is always faithful.

Tomorrow, I will tell of a further development with this tenant, that reveals the peace of God which passes all understanding.

Posted by on March 3, 2014 in Christianity, Religion

Tags: , , ,

35 responses to “A Prayer Prayed and A Friend Provided

1. Faith Love n Desire

March 3, 2014 at 8:30 am

How’s Alyson? I hope she’s super happy to find a best friend! May God give her everything what she deserves!
    Yes God is faithful! We have to believe Him! Noah was a drunk but he believed God by building the ark ….Even when there was no rain
    Abraham was old but he believed God would make him a father of many nations …even to the point offering his son as a sacrifice
    Joseph was abused but he believed the dream God had given him…even after imprisonment
    Moses had a stuttering problem but he believed God would use him to deliver his people …even after he had murdered

So we have to believe that He is faithful! He listen our prayers!
    And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him(Hebrews 11:6)

Yes He is always faithful!

Great post! Truly inspiring! God bless you immensely!

March 3, 2014 at 8:49 am

Alyson is doing great with her BFF. They really click well. God is indeed faithful in spite of us. Thank you for the great comment. You always have good one. Have a great day!

• Faith Love n Desire

March 3, 2014 at 9:15 am

I’m learning from you and your posts! Have a great awesome wonderful beautiful amazing lovely and a blessed day my sweet friend!

• shortfellow

March 31, 2014 at 7:19 am

Levi your interest seem strangely parrallel to mine… I too live in the country , have kids and a Marine grandson , enjoy blogging , love the Lord , and have rental property where my daughter lives close by .. .. small world

March 31, 2014 at 7:26 am

We’re twinkies it seems. Lol. It’s great isn’t it. The Lord is gracious!

2. theenglishrose2014

March 3, 2014 at 8:31 am

Wonderful answer to prayer! 🙂

3. Sharon

March 3, 2014 at 9:28 am

It is awesome how God cares for every little and big aspect of our lives. There is nothing too big nor too small that we can’t take it to Him. Thanks for the testimony. Continually seeking Him, Sharon

4. Levi Thetford

March 3, 2014 at 9:33 am

He is concerned about every single thing. How awesome is that? Thank you for sharing Sharon.

March 3, 2014 at 9:37 am

Wonderful reminder of how the Lord will even take care of what some may think are the little things if we but ask. I’m thrilled for your granddaughter that she has a new bff!

March 3, 2014 at 9:40 am

They are ole buds now. It’s been almost 3 yrs ago now. But The Lord is concerned even about the hairs on our head( or not in my case). Thanks Elaine. Have a great day!

6. Oma's Heart

March 3, 2014 at 10:07 am

This is so sweet. Evidence that the Lord is in the details of our lives and is so concerned for our happiness and well being. It amazes me every time, when I stop and realize how much He loves me, and how keenly aware He is of me, and of each of us. It’s quite amazing how universal He can be, and yet how personal He is. Great post!

March 3, 2014 at 10:17 am

Thank you Oma. I agree with you. He is so awesome and so personal at the same time. He is behind every minute detail of our lives, every breath. Thank you for your wonderful thoughts. Have a great day!

7. adelineoh

March 3, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Love this. It’s the truth, we pray and God supplies. In His way and in His timing. Thanks for sharing.

March 3, 2014 at 6:32 pm

He is the Supplier for sure. Thanks for the encouraging words!

8. theywhoseek

March 3, 2014 at 3:14 pm

“We may not always get the answers that we wish for, but we know that He is always faithful.” I recently got an answer that I wasn’t asking for nor did I really want. But, He is giving this to me anyway. So, I know He must have me entering into this for a reason and for His purpose. Whenever He gives me another answer, it usually is a testing and growing time. I am looking forward to seeing what He has for me. ~ Blessings~

March 3, 2014 at 6:39 pm

He definitely directs our steps. Sometimes we don’t like it at the time but looking back on it in awhile we may be able to see His purpose. Good comment. Thank you!

9. vwoods1212

March 3, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Such a beautiful story. thxs for sharing about God’s faithfulness and for trusting Him. W

10. Elizabeth Mendiola

March 3, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Yes, God is always faithful!

11. Skye @ TheSanctuaryofMyHeart

March 3, 2014 at 8:35 pm

God’s faithfulness always amazes me. Thank you for sharing this lovely post….Skye

March 3, 2014 at 9:37 pm

It is always my pleasure to tell of His faithfulness. Have a great evening!

12. techmech

March 8, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Nice blog you have, enjoyed it. similar to you I recently had a small prayer answered. I had some things to do to make it happen, but I think nothing would have happened if God’s guidance was not there.

March 8, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Thank you! Many times we never consider these smaller matters are even worthy of a prayer. In all honesty, this granddaughter is mighty “special”! It was definitely a prayer answered for all concerned. The post the day after this one is going on now with this tenant. Thank you for looking and commenting. God bless you!

13. Martha Hupp

March 16, 2014 at 8:32 am

Hi Levi, I’m grateful you stopped by my blog. This post was especially meaningful to me as my husband and I prayed for 7 years before God answered our prayer by allowing us the privilege to be Adam’s parents. We adopted him after 10 years of marriage and I gave birth to his sister, Sarah, 15 months later. If you’ve read “Take a Bow”, you know that Adam was diagnosed with autism when he was 3 years old. How is your son? Our son-in-law is in the Marine Corps, deployed twice to Afghanistan and once to Guatemala. He exits the USMC on March 29th after 5 years and will be completing his degree in electrical engineering. One of God’s greatest blessings is this man being our daughter’s life mate and we love him dearly. Life is filled with so many adventures and lessons waiting to be shared and I’m thrilled to learn of other people’s journeys through the blogging world. Blessings to you and your family and my prayers are always with our military AND their families.

March 16, 2014 at 10:31 am

Martha, God gives each of us many interesting events and opportunities for us to see His presence and absolute involvement in them. Our son is out of the USMC after 5 yrs. I like your blog and will be keeping up with you. Hope your day is a good one. Thanks! Levi

14. techmech

March 16, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Hi Levi, Thanks again for dropping in on my blog, I like your stuff, since it is somewhat different than what I write. Have a great day.

March 16, 2014 at 3:20 pm

And thanks for dropping my mine again. I like to read different types of blogs. I like yours so I am following you. Have a good one. Thanks again!

15. Moore to ponder

March 17, 2014 at 12:07 am

This was an encouraging post for me. My nest has been empty for about a year now, but both my husband and I are still young at heart. I am 47, and he is 51. I have this desire that I think the Lord might find pleasing. If you could remember us in prayer it would mean so much.

Blessings,
    Theresa

16. charlypriest

June 11, 2014 at 3:43 am

One of those two little precious angels(or monsters) got their wish! Which one is it by the way, the one to my right or left in the picture.

So you have a son in the Marines…..must be tough being a parent, hope the man is good, although having you around I´m sure it certainly will make life much more easier.

Great family you have. And great morals.

June 11, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Thanks Charly. Levi II joined the Marines 8 days after 911. He served 5 years. He’s out now and lives in Oregon. He’s the one who cut some of fingers off recently.

• charlypriest

June 11, 2014 at 2:54 pm

The one who cut some fingers? His fingers? Did I get that correct? Should read the post I guess.

June 11, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Yep, there’s a post from a couple
          months ago and then an update. Charly!!!!! Lpl

• charlypriest

June 11, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I´ll check it out tomorrow.
            Now is 22:09 and been reading and writing all day, just going to post one funny thing because if not I´m going to forget it tomorrow. 🙂