Should I Say That Cancer Has Been A Blessing?

04 Mar
Should I Say That Cancer Has Been A Blessing?

Yesterday I posted how that God had answered my prayer in providing us with a good tenant, and a great friend for my granddaughter. This is a continuation about my tenant, Jessica, and a battle that she is currently encountering.

It’s been about three months now since my daughter informed me that Jessica had been diagnosed with cancer. She is only 35 years old. The tumor was too large to be operable and she was to undergo chemotherapy, and see how things went. If all went well it would shrink the tumor, and then they could operate. Jessica is about to finish her chemo within the next couple of weeks. The good news is that the tumor is shrinking, and she will have the tumor removed soon.

Jessica had texted me on Wednesday night, so I called her on Thursday morning. I asked her how she was doing. She stated ” I’m not sure how to say this, but cancer has been a blessing”. This is quite a statement from a 35 year old single mother. We know that she must be concerned about her health. We’re certain that her daughter is a major concern. She has not been able to work for over 2 months now. She had no savings to last through an ordeal such as this. Her vacation pay ran out weeks ago. But Jessica made this statement.

She said that the out pouring of concern for her, and the help of others, had overwhelmed her. Once, when I was speaking with her I told her that I was praying for her. She said that she didn’t need the prayers as much as the ones caring for her. Jessica has been overwhelmed with love and support from her family and friends. It really is a heart-warming story.

As believers we are to look upon circumstances such as this as an opportunity to show the love of Christ. I have a couple of verses that go along with this. Galatians 6:2 “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ”.
Ephesians 4:28 “Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need”.

May the Spirit of God make us sensitive to these opportunities as they come along in our daily lives. My prayer is that we shall be a bearer of one another’s burdens! Jessica, I am still praying for you, and all of your caregivers. May the Lord bring you to good health soon. You have been a blessing to me! Yes, I think that you can say that cancer has been a blessing to you. Thank you for being a great example at a time like this.

Posted by on March 4, 2014 in Christianity, Religion

Tags: , , , , , ,

15 responses to “Should I Say That Cancer Has Been A Blessing?

1. Karina Susanto

March 4, 2014 at 6:39 am

What a wonderful testimony that I read this evening. I am moved and will pray for Jessica and your daughter as well. May God’s blessing poured upon you all. Keep on pray..

March 4, 2014 at 7:01 am

I appreciate your prayers Karina. Thank you very much! I hope that your evening is wonderful. It is very early morning here. God bless!

• Karina Susanto

March 4, 2014 at 7:03 am

Ooh yes I am sorry. Now in Singapore is 8pm..so sorry.

March 4, 2014 at 7:32 am

Nothing to be sorry about. That is where I had remembered you being. Sleep well.

2. Faith Love n Desire

March 4, 2014 at 9:42 am

Amen! She’ll be in my prayers! God is the light in this dark world! May God showers Jessica with His abundant blessings! May God give her comfort and peace during this journey! Much blessings to her and her family!

God use us to comfort others! We can bear one another’s burdens for those who are in need! Great testimony and a great post!

Thank you for sharing this with us! God bless!

March 4, 2014 at 10:00 am

Thank you for the prayers Neeky. Have a great day! Be careful.

3. theywhoseek

March 4, 2014 at 10:24 am

WOW! Not to many people I know would be able to say that. The Lord uses everything for His purpose and here is a fine example of it. In the midst of our trials He is still the beacon of our hope and His light is beaming out of Jessica right now. Praise the Lord ! Prayers for her and her daughter will be added to my prayer list. ~ Blessings ~

March 4, 2014 at 10:42 am

Thank you very much! Just a thought, but I think that The Lord maybe gives a special grace during these kind of times. Have a great day.

4. Steven Paul, a Christ follower...

March 4, 2014 at 1:41 pm

An excellent story, Levi! This is a very special young lady indeed. To see and appreciate the expression of concern and help from others in the midst of such catastrophic circumstances is a very mature and enlightened response!

May she be blessed even further with a cure, Lord willing!

Steven

March 4, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Thank you Steven. She really has received a special grace in this situation. Thank you for the kind comment.

• Steven Paul, a Christ follower...

March 4, 2014 at 4:31 pm

It’s always good to read a story like this one! We have so much that God can open our eyes to. He makes the blind to see, but He also can help the seeing to a gain a sharper focus!

Take care, Levi!

Steven

March 4, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Thanks Steven

• Steven Paul, a Christ follower...

March 5, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Have a great day, Levi!

Steven

5. insideheathershead

March 4, 2014 at 4:09 pm

This reminds me of Isaiah 45:3. God tells us, “And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness—secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name.” Disease is definitely shrouded in darkness but God can give us His secret riches in the midst of that darkness. How wonderful for Jessica to see that God is with her, especially in her trials. He is showing her that He is bigger than cancer. Praise Him!

March 4, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Heather, thank you for this verse. He has shown her that He is bigger and given her a special grace in this time. Only He is worthy to be praised. Have a wonderful rest of the day!