Mornin Coffee / Afternoon Tea

06 Mar

Please bear with me for the rest of this week if my response to comments is slow. As an OSU master gardener I am involved with a very large home and garden show that is requiring a lot of my time this week. Thank you for your understanding.

Thursday

Tags: , ,

10 responses to “Mornin Coffee / Afternoon Tea

1. Tom Huff

March 6, 2014 at 6:33 am

I like a good preaching service. Good time to sit and think on what is being taught. I can listen to Music CD’s all day 🙂 I tend to like Bluegrass for music.

March 6, 2014 at 7:54 am

Good morning going Tom. I was taking the preaching for granted I suppose. That is the meat of the service. I am trying to find out the style of music service most prefer before the preaching. Thanks for sharing.

2. A Servant

March 6, 2014 at 8:46 am

Leave it to someone in their 50s to like old hymns. That is a matter of personal taste, not on the level of right or wrong.
    Our praise & worship is to honor God, to set the stage for the preaching of God’s word, the rest is personal taste.
    As for the “why?” When I read the lyrics of a song like Sweet Hour of Prayer…
    Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
    May I thy consolation share,
    Till, from Mount Pisgah’s lofty height,
    I view my home and take my flight.
    This robe of flesh I’ll drop, and rise
    To seize the everlasting prize,
    And shout, while passing through the air,
    “Farewell, farewell, sweet hour of prayer!”
    (When I hear these words I cannot wait to go home)
    The music is used to deliver the power of the lyrics. It seems, to me anyway, in some of the more modern arrangements the lyrics is an after thought while delivering the power of the music.
    I know, I know, old fogy alert!

March 6, 2014 at 8:56 am

Good morning Dennis. I agree with you but of late i have been introduced to a couple of groups that have the most scriptural Christ centered music that i have ever heard. I suppose now i like both. I am not a fan of loud band music though at all. Great comment. Thanks!

March 6, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I most like the traditional music service –imagine that since I am in my 60’s! I noted Dennis’ comment to you about age, lol Loud band music, rock type music per se, is not a favorite of mine either for the most part. I do have to admit to liking a few of the groups/soloists of more contemporary music though and I listen to it at home or in the car. I also love the old time gospel music!

March 6, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I think that we may all be in about the same boat. It is probably age related. The loud stuff for me is outttt!!!! I hope that you are enjoying the day Elaine.

• Elaine

March 6, 2014 at 3:45 pm

The loud stuff is almost painful at times. Makes my head swim. Lol having a very nice day, thanks. Hope you are enjoying yours as well.

March 6, 2014 at 7:28 pm

It has been a great day. The Home and Garden Show is all set up for the first full day tomorrow. I will be talking to a lot of people for the next couple of days.