Set Aside But Not Cast Out!!!

21 Mar
Set Aside But Not Cast Out!!!

Spring is popping its head out for us here in northeast Oklahoma. It has been a very long, frigid, icy, snowy winter. I realize that we are not alone in this. Most of the country has been blasted this winter. Global warming I guess…

It is this time of year that you begin the process of raising day old chicks for your replacement hens. Hens produce the most eggs in their first year of life, and production declines thereafter. We typically add 25 or so pullets each year. This year I ended up with 38.The other morning I picked up this years babies. They are so cute and soft. Their little peeps are like music to your ears. Within 5 months they will begin laying their first eggs.

I am not really sure why we keep chickens. Two people don’t use many eggs in a week. Not only that, if I were to calculate how much money I have in each dozen of farm raised eggs there is little doubt that I could buy them for less. What I do know is what we are eating. I know what they have been fed. I know how fresh they are. And I like being able to give all of our surplus eggs to family and friends. There are times when I walk into a business with 20 excess dozen and start handing them out to the employees. This is just one of the small things that I like to do. And mostly, to me it just doesn’t seem like you are living on a real farm without chickens.

Chickens are not the smartest animals around. They really don’t do anything but eat and dispose of what they have just eaten. They make funny noises, and can’t protect themselves against any predator. If I believed in reincarnation I sure would not want to come back as a chicken. Btw, I don’t believe in reincarnation!

Chicks remind me of a passage that our Lord spoke: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing!” (Luke 13:34) Our Lord is here lamenting over Jerusalem.

There is great tenderness in these words, as you can see in the imagery of a hen with her baby chicks. This pouring out of His divine compassion is a foreshadow of His weeping over the city as He approaches it for the final time (Luke 19:41). “He had come unto His own and His own had received Him not” (John 1:11).

As Gentile believers we are instructed to pray for the Jewish people. In God’s sovereign plan it was the temporary, partial blinding of the Jewish nation that resulted in Gentiles being grafted in (Romans 11).  When the fullness of the Gentiles is complete God will again pour out His grace upon Israel; and as a nation they will finally believe in their Messiah. Paul calls this a divine mystery.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Over 30 years ago, The Lord gave me a particular burden for the Jewish people. He is again saving many of them around the world. The day is coming soon when there will be a great national awakening of Israel to their Messiah. I would like to remind you to please pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee (Psalm 122:6).

Posted by on March 21, 2014 in Christianity, Religion

Tags: , , , , ,

21 responses to “Set Aside But Not Cast Out!!!

1. A Servant

March 21, 2014 at 8:15 am

The “genie” description is pretty good. I use “spiritual bell-hop” sometimes. God forgive such flippant attitudes.
    A Servant

2. Faith Love n Desire

March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am

So true….I like how you described that God is not a genie type! Great exposition friend! Loved the post! Thank you for sharing! Blessings!

March 21, 2014 at 10:05 am

Thank you for reading it and commenting. Have a great Friday Neeky

3. Michael

March 21, 2014 at 10:13 am

Pullets are indeed cute!

March 21, 2014 at 10:16 am

They are kind of getting in the ugly stage now Michael. They have more than doubled in size in two weeks.

• Michael

March 21, 2014 at 10:19 am

I assume they are grass-fed? When I was in Japan, the eggs are properly orange and incredibly delicious. Any comments on properly feeding farm animals?

March 21, 2014 at 10:23 am

Our eggs are orange and stand up. The shells are harder than store eggs. Chickens love grasshoppers and little insects, thus scratching. Beef I feed in the winter because there isn’t enough protein in hay alone to keep the mommas in shape for a good healthy calf. If you ate grassfed beef only you probably would not like it. Not much marbling and fat.

• Michael

March 21, 2014 at 10:26 am

Now I know I like you and need to visit! I’ve taken an interest in a healthier American food industry.

March 21, 2014 at 10:45 am

There are a lot of things in our food industry that isn’t the best. Quicker and more profit is what the big guys are all after. I’m not sold on the organic thing though. In all things moderation is the key I think. Okla. St. Univ. says its impossible to be totally organic. It’s a fallen world that is groaning for the new Heaven and new earth.

• Michael

March 21, 2014 at 10:50 am

Moderation, good word. It’s a shame where money, or the love of it, leads us. And with great hope we await the life to come. I appreciate your wisdom, Levi.

March 21, 2014 at 10:50 am

Have a great Friday Michael. It’s been fun!!!

• Michael

March 21, 2014 at 10:54 am

🙂

4. Moore to ponder

March 21, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Thank you for sharing this important message about the Jewish people. I am glad you shared this, too:

“The greatest truth that our Lord has taught me from Scripture is that He is God. Not some genie high in the sky just waiting for us to ask Him for something, and whoosh, there it is. Our God has a plan. And His timetable is exactly on time in all of creation. There is nothing outside of it. Everything is under His control. He is not fretting about any event, or person, or thing. His ways are established since before creation. We can rest securely in Him and His plan.”

There are so many teachers of prosperity doctrines that mislead many. We are sojourners on this earth, and our citizenship is in heaven. We are so prone to have a temporal mindset. The Lord certainly is no genie in a bottle, yet we are also taught to cast all of our cares on Him, nothing being too small:

“4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:4-7

Blessings,
    Theresa

March 21, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Theresa, I’m not implying that we can’t or shouldn’t take whatever need or burden to Him. We are encouraged to take it all. I meant that He is holy and mighty and is not one that we just call upon to bail us out. He has a plan and His plan is right on schedule. We can rest assured that whatever the situation it is all under His control.

• Moore to ponder

March 21, 2014 at 4:34 pm

“Theresa, I’m not implying that we can’t or shouldn’t take whatever need or burden to Him. We are encouraged to take it all. ”

I never doubted that you felt that way. I have read other posts of yours that express that.

You have a great blog.

Blessings,
        Theresa

March 21, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. Thank you for your comments. I always appreciate them. Have a great weekend.

March 21, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Wow. How did the Lord cause about you to have a heart for the Jewish people?

March 22, 2014 at 9:11 am

I became friends with some Jews and learned more of modern day Judaism. I shared the Gospel with them and it just lead to more opportunities with more and more. I would go to synagogues on Friday nights and talk to them there. The door just opened and I was used in this way.

6. Skye

March 22, 2014 at 7:41 am

I love this post! And, I love the chickens I raise!! They are the sweetest “pets” ever!! They make my heart so happy to hear them. They are always following me around and talking. lol Thank you, Levi. As always, wonderful!!

March 22, 2014 at 7:54 am

Thanks Skye, I thought I read on another blog about your chicken house. I love them too. Have a great day! !!