What Will Happen In Heaven???

26 Mar

With the new movie coming out “Heaven Is For Real,” following the book of the same name, there is a lot of talk right now about Heaven. Heaven is an authentic place where all believers will forever abide with Christ. Most people wonder what believers are going to do in Heaven. It’s a real question and we are told some about it in Scripture. But have you ever considered what God will be doing during all the ceaseless ages of eternity?

Look with me at what Paul says in Ephesians 2:7. God made us alive together with Christ and raised us up with Him “so that in the coming ages He might show the immeasurable riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.” If you have ever wondered what God’s going to do in heaven, there it is!

The paramount motivation in God’s heart for saving lost souls was so that they might become, throughout all eternity, trophies on show for all to see the majesty and the exceeding riches of God’s grace in kindness in Christ!

He uses the plural “ages” to make the point that like waves constantly crashing on the shore, one upon another, so the ages of eternity future will, in endless time, show forth the celebration of sinners saved by grace, all to the glory of God. There will not be in Heaven a one-time short-lived display of God’s goodness, but an everlasting, ever-increasing saturation and imparting of divine kindness that grows with every passing moment.

God is going to put on a continuing and ongoing public display of his “grace” toward us! Heaven is not going to be one huge flash of excitement followed by an eternity of boredom. Heaven is not going to be a forever series of earthly re-runs! There will be a new episode of divine grace every day! A new revelation every moment of some unseen aspect of the unfathomable quality of divine compassion. There will be a new and fresh declaration of God’s mercy, every day. A new and remarkable explanation of the meaning of what God has done for us, without end.

In Heaven our experience of God’s grace won’t be a little bit here and a little bit there. Paul says there will be a display of the “immeasurable riches” of His grace. His grace cannot limited. His grace exceeds all calculations. God isn’t simply gracious: His grace is deep, wide, high, plentiful, forever replenishing.

There will never be an end to God’s grace and kindness to us in Jesus. Never! Not for all eternity! The point of Paul’s gushy language is to emphasize that the grace of God in Christ is endlessly infinite, endlessly complex, endlessly deep, endlessly new, endlessly fresh, endlessly profound. God is infinite. Therefore, so too are his attributes. Throughout the ages to come, forever and ever, we will be the recipients each second of an ever increasing and more remarkable, more fascinating, and so inescapably more enjoyable display of God’s grace than before.

With that unending and ever-increasing display will come an unending and ever-increasing discovery on our part of more of the depths and greatness of God’s grace. We will learn and finally grasp and understand more of the height and depth and width and breadth of His saving love. We will see new and always fresh displays and manifestations of His kindness. The knowledge we receive when we enter into Heaven will for all eternity grow and deepen and expand and intensify and multiply.

We will forever be more amazed with God, more in love with God, and therefore ever more delighting in His presence and our relationship with Him. Our experience of God will never come to an end. We will never finally arrive, as if after finally reaching a mountain peak we will discover that there is nothing on the other side. Our experience of God will never become stale. It will deepen and develop, intensify and expand, unfold and increase, broaden and balloon.

Our delighting and rejoicing in God will focus and spread and extend and progress and mature and flower and blossom and widen and stretch and swell and snowball and inflate and lengthen and increase and advance and multiply and accumulate and increase and multiply and heighten and reach a zenith that will even then be only the beginning of an eternity of new and fresh insights into the majesty of who God is!

What a future we have as believers. I can’t wait!!!!

Posted by on March 26, 2014 in Christianity, Religion

Tags: , , , , , ,

27 responses to “What Will Happen In Heaven???

1. Mark Myers

March 26, 2014 at 5:32 am

Amen, I can’t wait either. I don’t don’t doubt Heaven is a real and wonderful place. I do doubt these recent stories of people seeing it and coming back to this life though. I admit, I haven’t read them and any conversation about heaven that gets people thinking about it is good. I’m just a little dubious that God would let someone dip their toe in and come back. He refused that request in the Bible.

March 26, 2014 at 5:39 am

Good morning Mark. I agree. I think that all of the “entries into heaven” are bogus. Upset stomachs or delirium or something. But I have spoken to several in the last few days so I thought that I would write the piece. Thanks!

• Mark Myers

March 26, 2014 at 5:58 am

And it was a good piece. I love thinking about what that glorious day will be like!

• Anonymous

March 26, 2014 at 6:00 am

Thanks again Mark. I hope your day is a great one!

2. katebortell

March 26, 2014 at 5:36 am

Looking forward to this glorious eternity!!

3. Levi Thetford

March 26, 2014 at 5:37 am

4. Sharon

March 26, 2014 at 7:02 am

Amen and amen. Looking forward to that day also. Thanks for your insight. When faith becomes sight will be far beyond all I have ever imagined that moment to be and then to last for eternity. Those mountain highs we get from retreats that never fade away. Wow. How absolutely wonderful that grace and blessing will be. God bless your day, Levi.

March 26, 2014 at 7:07 am

Thank you Sharon we can’t even begin to comprehend how wonderful it will be. Hope your day is a great one!

5. Rocky

March 26, 2014 at 9:28 am

This gives me a good bible study post idea… hehe…

6. lljostes

March 26, 2014 at 10:42 am

Amazing Grace! Thank you for elaborating what just a smidgeon of Heaven in the presence of God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ and the eternal Holy Spirit will be like. I can’t wait either!

March 26, 2014 at 11:09 am

I can’t even write a smidgen but I couldn’t think of anything else. Lol. It will be beyond our comprehension all because of His storehouse of grace. Thank you!!!!

7. RG2Cents

March 26, 2014 at 2:22 pm

HALLELUJAH!!

8. Petra

March 26, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Wow! Some people want heaven because the streets are paved in gold, or something like that. Sounds like you want to be there because God will be there, and, “Our delighting and rejoicing in God will focus and spread and extend and progress and mature and flower and blossom and widen and stretch and swell and snowball and inflate and…” Wow! Me too! Heaven can be a sliver of space in a small corner as long as our delighting and rejoicing in God will expand and embrace all that He is. No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined… For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face….

March 26, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Amen! I ran out of words to try to express. I wanted to jump after I read the final. Won’t it be glorious!!! Thanks Petra.

9. rachelcarrera

March 26, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Amen! Great post! 😀 (Though it’s hard to imagine some people actually do think it’s only a flash of good and then an eternity of boring.)

March 26, 2014 at 8:23 pm

They really do. I’ve talked to many wondering if they wouldn’t just be singing hymns and things like that. Thanks so much for your comment!!!

• rachelcarrera

March 26, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I grew up going to private Christian school. Plus I was raised by old-fashioned grandparents So it’s funny that the longer I live, the more I realize how naive I actually am to a lot of the sin going on in the world around me. But I think the more I learn about people’s nature, the more I like being oblivious. It bothers me a lot. 🙂

March 27, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Wow! Good post. Good observation on the plural “ages;” my, we have a whole eternity to spend with God to see His riches

March 27, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Ever growing riches. I needed more adjectives but how grand it will be. Thanks Brother!!!!

11. Moore to ponder

March 28, 2014 at 2:33 am

I must confess that I don’t often think about what it will be like in Heaven. It is my tendency to think of Heaven in terms of all of the awful stuff that won’t be there, and because of that I fail to contemplate how wonderful and glorious it truly will be.

I can’t get over how beautifully you expressed what awaits us there. Thank you so much for doing that.

Blessings,
    Theresa

March 28, 2014 at 5:18 am

Thank you Theresa. I had the feeling when writing this that I didn’t have the words to adequately express what the “ages” to come be like. One thing certain, it will be beyond anything we can contemplate. I always enjoy your comments. Have a great day!!!!