Has Your Monday Been This Bad????

31 Mar
Has Your Monday Been This Bad????

I have had a great day today. I’ve been about most of the day and have encountered a few people having  a bad day. We all have them. In fact, we are to expect them. We are taught many things by our Lord during these times. In the shower I was just reminded of an incident from a few years ago. A lot of my better thoughts occur in the shower. Strange sounding I know.

A few years ago one of the businesses that I owned was an ambulance company. I’m not a medical man, but am a businessman. It was a business that fit well with the other aspects of the transportation business I was in at the time. I had professional people that knew the business well that ran the medical part of it.

I remember that this event occurred in the month of January. It was very cold and we had just received a very large amount of ice followed by a heavy snow. The ambulance located in one of the towns we were in received a call from a nursing home. The residents of the nursing home were having breakfast and a portion of the roof caved in and fell on some of the folks. None were seriously injured but some did require some medical attention.

This incident is about one particular lady who was in her 80s. She was not badly hurt but was scraped up and some tests were run on her. She spent the entire day at the hospital. About 10pm the same day we received a call to transport her back to the nursing home. The roads were nearly impassible. They were extremely slick. I remember listening to the radio all that day just in case any of the ambulances got into any problems.

The ambulance made it to the hospital and loaded the little lady up. They were returning on the highway and there was a mishap ahead. Ambulances aren’t the easiest vehicle to control because of their weight and the distribution of it. Well, even with great care other vehicles in front of the ambulance went out of control. To avoid hitting any of them he swerved and under the conditions it flipped over. There was our little old lady hanging upside down in the ambulance. She was strapped in so she went no where, thank The Lord.

So we dispatched another ambulance to return her back to the same hospital she had just left. Fortunately for all concerned she was fine and we were able again to return her the following day. The Lord took care of it all. No injuries, no lawsuits, just an experience that I probably won’t forget, as well as others I’m sure.

Bless this little ladies heart, she really had a bad day. A roof falling on her while having a nice breakfast, and then being flipped upside down on her return trip. This is how life is. Job tells us: “Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble” (Job 14:1).

Aren’t we fortunate to know the One Who has overcome our greatest trouble? My little lady had a very bad day that day. Some days are just tough. But the believers best days are ahead. Again Job speaks of this: “For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed,yet in my flesh I shall see God (Job 19:25-26). Let’s focus on what lies ahead today, and not on the not so important distractions that can take our eyes off of our Lord.

Posted by on March 31, 2014 in Christianity, Religion

19 responses to “Has Your Monday Been This Bad????

1. "light and salt"

March 31, 2014 at 12:50 pm

A well told story with a good thought, as always, Levi!

Keep up the great work you do here…
    Steve

March 31, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Thank you Steve, I appreciate it. Hope all is well.

• "light and salt"

March 31, 2014 at 4:57 pm

We are doing as well as we can. I’m sure this would be harder if not for God’s help and judgment…

Take care, Levi.
        Steve

2. Rose Hall Media Company

March 31, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Thankfully our day was just fine, today. But this is a good reminder that when things aren’t fine, we need to keep pressing forward to what lies ahead.

March 31, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Exactly. Thanks for the comment. Hope the rest of the day is great!!!

3. christinachase

March 31, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Good story, thank you for sharing it!
    I have a headache today and reading isn’t helping – but the roof is sound and I’ve no need to travel. 🙂 Still,when I do have a very difficult bad day, I know that I should be, as you say, looking forward to life in the world to come… But, I don’t want to leave here, yet. As happens too many times, I wonder if I lack faith…

March 31, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I’m glad your roof is good. Lol I’m sorry about your headache. Regarding your faith in Romans 10 we read that faith comes from hearing the word of God to start. If Christ is your Savior now you need assurance it sounds. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me anything you would like. Thank you for commenting.

April 1, 2014 at 4:33 am

WOW what a story! All the more to realize that our days are trouble and we need to trust in the Lord and be more conformed to Christ through them!

April 1, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Wonderful story! Praise God, I had a great Monday, including a couple of short walks outdoors! Progress!

April 1, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Sounds like you’re doing great Elaine. I’m so happy and thankful for you!!!

6. vwoods1212

April 1, 2014 at 6:31 pm

The angel of death was after her for sure:) sorry for the laughter at such a dire predicament. VW

7. Skye @ TheSanctuaryofMyHeart

April 1, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Levi…Every time I see you have posted, I get happy inside. I know I am in for some wonderful reading. Thank you for being such a blessing. As always, this was an amazing story.

April 1, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Thanks Skye, you are too gracious. You have the wonderful blog!!! Good evening!!!

8. Anna Waldherr

December 6, 2015 at 3:39 pm

We have been so richly blessed in this country that many have grown complacent. The least upset and we complain about how unfair life is. It dilutes our witness.

December 6, 2015 at 4:02 pm

We are a pretty spoiled people. Too spoiled one would think. We are pretty much a “me” generation. Particularly Americans. I just finished reading Galatians a few minutes ago. I needed reminded to be crucified with Christ. We need constant reminders of who we are. Hope youre fine, dear Anna.