A Special Thank You For All Of Your Prayers!!!!!!

07 Apr
A Special Thank You For All Of Your Prayers!!!!!!

Last Wednesday the 3rd my post told of a serious accident to our son Levi II.
He was involved in a table saw accident and severely injured his left hand. He completely severed his middle finger off and seriously mangled his index finger and thumb. He was in the ICU for 5 days. Thank The Lord he is now home as of today.

I wanted to give you an update on his condition. After 2 surgeries which combined took about 18 hours it looks like the hand will be a “helper hand”. The middle finger was reattached and it looks like it is going to take. He was told that there would be a few more surgeries in his future. One of them will be a knuckle replacement. There will also be a lot of physical therapy involved but his spirits remain good. About an hour ago he told us that he is looking forward to recuperation and getting back to normal. He is “looking forward to the challenge” were his exact words. He takes a lot after his dad I think.

Even though he is a real techie he is not much for social networking. He does have a Facebook account so that he can keep up with people at home (Oklahoma), although I think he has only posted something on there only once. Last night he put on this post, “Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Amy, Eisley, and I sincerely appreciate them. I only know “it is well, it is well with my soul.” It was such a delight for me to read those simple words but yet rock solid. It reminds me of the wonderful song “It Is Well With My Soul”.

Here are the lyrics

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

Thank you son for the faith you have exhibited. I am beyond thrilled at your spiritual maturity and thank God for doing a real work in your life.

I want to express my most heart-felt gratitude to all of you that have contacted me and said that you were praying for him and his family, and for all who prayed for them. It means so much. This is what God’s people do. This is what the love of Christ constrains us to do. Thank you Heavenly Father and to all of you wonderful bloggers.

Posted by on April 7, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

80 responses to “A Special Thank You For All Of Your Prayers!!!!!!

April 7, 2014 at 5:28 am

For allowing “God’s people” to be connected in such a lovely way to such a sad incident – thank you. Your way of sharing this touched something very deep in me.

April 7, 2014 at 7:25 am

Thanks Paul. We are all just one part or member of the whole body of Christ. It takes all of us working together to work properly just like son’s hand. Have a great my brother!!!!!

April 7, 2014 at 5:35 am

Levi I am so sorry that I missed the previous post about your son. I will be praying for him as he goes through rehab and further surgeries. What a blessing for you to hear him say it is well with my soul. Sounds like he is a strong young man with a great attitude and out look on life.

April 7, 2014 at 7:27 am

He is Elaine. I appreciate your concern. Glad you’re doing so much better too. Have a great day!!!!

3. theenglishrose2014

April 7, 2014 at 6:00 am

Wonderful praise report, Levi!! I’ll continue to pray for his total healing. God is able to do abundantly above what we could ever ask or think! (That’s one of my fav hymns!) Have a blessed day!

April 7, 2014 at 7:21 am

Thanks so much Elaine. God is able. We shall trust Him. Have a great day!!

April 7, 2014 at 7:32 am

Sharon I’m sorry I called you Elaine. I was answering you both. Lol

4. Dear Daughter,

April 7, 2014 at 7:46 am

Such a testament to the joy that the Lord brings- when trouble comes His faithful followers still praise Him. Sounds like you did a great job raising a man of God! :o) I’ll be praying for your son and his family. ❀

5. Michael

April 7, 2014 at 8:00 am

Thanks for the update. Continuing to pray for Levi.

• Anonymous

April 7, 2014 at 9:08 am

Thanks very much Michael. We have been with him now. He is still quite weak from blood loss but spirits good. Your prayers are coveted.

April 7, 2014 at 9:19 am

Thanks Michael. My reply came as from Someone. It was me. Sorry.

6. Family to the 5 Power!

April 7, 2014 at 8:00 am

Such a man of faith! Thank you for letting your readers know how Levi is doing. I’ll pray for successful upcoming surgeries and healing.

April 7, 2014 at 9:22 am

Thank you for your concern and kindness. It means a great deal. Have a great day!!!

7. james1948

April 7, 2014 at 9:05 am

Pray is one of the wonderful tools given to us by God. Never cease to pray. It is an always open channel of communication to God. We thank the Lord for the progress of Levi.

April 7, 2014 at 9:21 am

Thank you brother. He is always near. Praise God!!!

8. Amy Pinkrose

April 7, 2014 at 10:43 am

Levi, my brother did the exact thing (twice). My prayers are with you, your son, and your family. HUGE (((HUGS))) Amy

9. Jonathan Price

April 7, 2014 at 11:51 am

Glad to get the update Levi! My Dad had a similar accident when I was only a year old. To this day he only has nine fingers – but growing up I was never able to beat him at a game of hoops! LOL. Anyway – God bless!

April 7, 2014 at 11:54 am

Thanks Jonathan for that. Dads are tough. Lol. You doing ok?

• Jonathan Price

April 7, 2014 at 11:56 am

Yes. Doing well as I roll around in grace!!! About to start a new chapter in my career so I’ll be commenting less for the next month or so – but look forward to seeing you again soon.

10. 66assuranceway

April 7, 2014 at 1:51 pm

You are special Levi . . . as is your son (I’m sure) and the Lord. I will pray for him. Jesus is the ultimate healer. Remember, there is a ‘balm in Gilead’. It ain’t over until God says it’s over.

April 7, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I agree 100%. God is the ultimate healer, and Only actually. Thanks for the prayers and gracious words. I appreciate you!!!!!

11. susanissima

April 7, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Praying for your son, Levi.

April 7, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Thank you very much. He is weak from blood loss and so many surgery hours but is in good spirits. Your prayers are much appreciated!!!

12. Skye @ TheSanctuaryofMyHeart

April 7, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Prayers continuing, Levi. I love that he is “looking forward to the challenges.” We can all learn from his amazing attitude!!! πŸ™‚

13. vwoods1212

April 7, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Thanks for update; know that his healing is a work in progress. my prayer that God uses this for greater leaps in his faith and a wonderful testimony that will draw others to our Father. Sincere blessings and may the spirit of healing anoint him fully. vw

14. Linda Arthur Tejera

April 7, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Just having found your blog (through your follow of mine, thank you very much), I am happy to read that your son is doing so well. I pray for a speedy recovery and comfort. I look forward to reading more of your blog. All the best.

April 7, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Thanks so much. This is how I often find blogs I really like as well. Thanks so much for your prayers. Very kind.

15. rachelcarrera

April 7, 2014 at 10:37 pm

I’m so glad he’s doing better and that there is a good chance he will have full use of his hand back. I’ve never heard of a knuckle replacement – sounds painful! I’ll keep him in my prayers. Thanks for the update. πŸ˜€

April 8, 2014 at 6:02 am

Rachel you’re a sweetheart. Thank you so very much. Yes, it sounds painful to me as well the knuckle replacement. I hope your day is a good one.

April 8, 2014 at 3:51 am

Praise God your son has a good attitude about the whole thing. I have never heard of a knuckle replacement before this and hope the Lord will bring further healing for him

April 8, 2014 at 5:58 am

Thanks SLIMJIM. It was my first hearing of a knuckle replacement too. Sounds very tedious. These hand operations have taken a lot of time because of the small vessels and ligaments and nerves. Your a winner friend.

17. Petra

April 8, 2014 at 3:52 am

Thanking God for your son, for you, for the amazing ways in which He heals so many broken things, including fingers! And that hymn is one of my faves!

April 8, 2014 at 5:56 am

And I’m thankful for you Petra. Always a treat to hear from you. That song is a favorite of mine as well. I don’t hear it much anymore. Hope your day is blessed!!!!

18. deborahpacker

April 14, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Dearest Levi, I too will add my prayers for your son. I know God as divine Love; He made us well/whole and He keeps us well/whole. This is what a loving Father does. Your trust in Him will be rewarded. God bless.

19. charlypriest

July 16, 2014 at 2:07 pm

And I finally read the post. Indeed beautiful lyrics.

July 16, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Thanks Charly. I appreciate it. Have a great evening!

20. chirose

July 18, 2014 at 2:45 pm

I am so sorry to reach about your son’s accident.! But I am very glad to hear he is doing better.!! I will be sending strength and support your way. Whenever you hear about the trials and tribulations in someone elses’ life, it puts your own in perspective…

21. Rasma R

July 25, 2014 at 3:12 am

The Lord is always nearby to protect the good people in this life. Wishing your son all the best and thank God so much could already by done.

22. Dr. Rex

September 8, 2014 at 11:17 pm

On another note … thanks for stopping by “It Is What It Is” and the follow!! Peace and blessings!!

23. Michael Andrew Williams

September 10, 2014 at 11:14 am

To GOD be the blessing and the praise! Be encouraged!

24. camary1996

September 14, 2014 at 11:08 am

I missed the post about your son’s accident….but so grateful that God didn’t miss it and was right on the job of comforting and healing your son. I pray for continued healing and complete use of his whole hand. I’m writing a blog on suffering and will be posting it in a few days. I thought of your son and suffering as I read your post for today. I hope you check out my blog because it’s about the suffering your son and other have been through and I will be thinking of him as I finish up my blog. It is well is my favorite hymn. I sing it all the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68EsFDav8Dg God Bless you and your family as you endure through this trial.

25. johannisthinking@wordpress.com; pedalpushingthoughts@wordpresss.com

September 23, 2014 at 4:23 pm

So happy the doctors were able to help your son~ I have had hand surgery on both hands…the nerves are still tender after ten years. But I am able to use them. Your son is younger and hopefully, all will work out okay. I just keep using my hands and ignore the nerve pain. Many blessings to him and healing prayers!
    Thank you, Levi, for your many visits to my blog. Your presence and “likes” encourage me to not to give up on my writing. Thank you and blessings to you also!

September 23, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. It’s been about 6 months since the accident. He has 5% movement in the middle and index finger? He isn’t down at all and uses it as a helper. There will be more surgeries down the road. God bless you friend. Thanks!!

26. peggywright

October 10, 2014 at 6:22 pm

So glad your son is going to be alright. Sounds like he comes from a wonderful family. May God give much grace as he recuperates and rehabilitates.

October 10, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Peggy, he is doing well. He won’t ever have full use of the hand but he acknowledged that from the start and moved on. The Lord gave Levi strength and his family when needed. We are thankful for that. Thanks!!

27. ludyja

October 20, 2014 at 11:10 am

Levi, I have just read your words about your son’s accident. What a brave young man! And his reliance on the Lord is fantastic! My thanks, also, for reading and commenting on my blog. This is a fairly new venture for me, and God is blessing it. Thanks again – and prayers for your family. Judy Wills

28. dweezer19

November 1, 2014 at 7:32 am

This is good news indeed Levi. Continued prayers are with him for a miraculous recovery.

29. God's Hot Spot

November 22, 2014 at 10:14 am

Dear Brother in Christ, OUR GOD IS SO GREAT AND SO GOOD ALL THE TIME. GOD IS GOOD ON THE MOUNTAIN TOP SITUATIONS OF LIFE AND IN THE VALLEY GOD IS GOOD AND GREATER THAN ALL SITUATIONS IN JESUS NAME!!! TESTS TESTIFY TESTIMONY TO DEFEAT THE devil BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB!!! GLORY AND PRAISE TO GOD. WE APPRECIATE YOU FOR SUCH PRECIOUS TIME. CONTINUE TO TRUST GOD THE HEALER FOR HIS MERCY AND COMPASSION ARE NEW EVERY MORNING. THANKS FOR LIKING POST, OUR GOD IS GREATER AND FOLLOWING GOD’SHOTSPOT.WORDPRESS.COM.

November 22, 2014 at 10:25 am

Thank you very much. God is greater than all!!!

30. God's Hot Spot

December 19, 2014 at 8:25 am

Thank you brother for liking post on God’shotspot.wordpress.Have a blessed Christmas.God Bless

December 19, 2014 at 8:34 am

The pleasure is mine to read them. Thanks for posting them. Have a great Christmas too!!!

31. beenough

March 16, 2015 at 8:05 pm

I severed the end of my index finger off in a bike accident as a child. This finger was reattached by the doctors. I am able to use this finger, with differing sensitivity than my other fingers… But she works! Praying for continued ‘wellness’ for you and your family Levi! You are all such an encouragement.

March 16, 2015 at 8:10 pm

I’m glad your finger is attached and working. Levi’s finger are attached but he only has 5% range of motion with the index and middle fingers. He is fine with it if that is as good as it gets. Over the past couple of weeks he has built a chicken house and used his circular saw, albeit much more carefully. I’m glad you and your family are doing well. Summer will soon be here. πŸ™‚

• beenough

March 17, 2015 at 2:24 am

Dear Levi, thank you for sharing. Do they expect the range of motion to improve over time? I can see he is determined and back using his gifts. Glory!

March 17, 2015 at 9:23 am

They made do a knuckle replacement in the future and that could improve his range of motion. The verdict is still out on the operation at this point. And yes, he’s a determined man. Its been neat for me to watch him and his wife through it all. Have a great day!!! πŸ™‚

• beenough

March 17, 2015 at 9:26 pm

You are such a blessing! Have yourself a wonderful day as well.

32. Anna Waldherr

March 28, 2016 at 7:54 pm

I know time has passed since you originally posted this, Levi. I hope your son is much improved. I just wanted to mention that I love this old hymn. So often the worst of trials serve to remind of God’s faithfulness.

March 28, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Hi Anna. It will be 2 years sometime this week that this happened. We just returned last week from visiting him. He is as good as he will ever be this side of heaven but he manages fine. Thank you!! This is a very special song and it should be our constant prayer. Hope you’re doing very well. 😊