Hide the Word In Your Heart!!!!!!!!

11 Apr

We are having the pleasure to spend this week with our son Levi II, and Amy, and the adorable Miss Eisley (youngest Granddaughter) in Oregon. First an update on Levi II. He is comfortably recuperating at home since Sunday. He has his first doctors appointment next week since being released from the hospital. His spirits are great and he appears to be regaining his strength a little at a time. Just being home and Eisley saying “come on daddy” has to help. She is a ball of energy and never seems to quit until she konks out from exhaustion. She is too much fun for her Poppie to watch. She is just too cute!!!

From the day that she was born, every day, Levi or Amy have read to her from the Bible. We were in their home just a few days after her birth and Levi would bring her downstairs and read a chapter to her. It really has been quite impressive and heart-touching to me as a parent and grandparent.  Levi and Amy are clearly heeding our Lord’s words from Deuteronomy 6:5-7

5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.

7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.

First, we ourselves are to love The Lord our God supremely with all of our hearts. If we don’t as parents, the command to teach our children will not occur but perhaps sporadically. Our children are to see, and recognize and know that our love for God is second place to none.

If we the parents do truly love God preeminently the Word of God will come forth from our lips naturally. There will be that instant reflection from Scripture about almost everything that we see and hear and experience throughout the day and night if we truly know His Word ourselves. We are to speak of these things to our children throughout the waking hours. They will see first-hand that all of life revolves around our majestic God and His Word.

The Psalmist revealed: “I have stored up Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You” (Psalm 119:11).

Miss Eisley is well on her way to hiding the Word in her little heart. I was so thrilled to learn that at 22 months she already knows all of the words to the so called “Lord’s Prayer” (Matthew 6:9-13). She is already hiding the Word of God in her heart. Such a joy and what a lifetime treasure for her.

My prayer for Eisley is that God will raise her up to be a Deborah like woman for her generation and the one to follow should The Lord not return sooner. This is also my earnest prayer for all of my children and grandchildren that God will use each of them for His glory.

Thank you Levi, Amy, and Miss Eisley for the great visit. We love you all dearly!!!!!

Posted by on April 11, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , ,

31 responses to “Hide the Word In Your Heart!!!!!!!!

1. Little Monk

April 11, 2014 at 8:17 am

Wonderful post. Terrific news on Levi II. I share all your joy on Miss Eisley! Joy and grace to all there! Bless! — LM

April 11, 2014 at 8:22 am

Thanks LM. The Lord is strengthening Levi daily. Yes, Miss Eisley is a true joy. She is beyond her months. Lol. Hope your day is a blessed one as well!!!!!

2. Michael

April 11, 2014 at 8:40 am

Really good points, Levi.

April 11, 2014 at 8:43 am

Thanks Michael. Hope all is well with you!!!! Hope your day is full of blessings!!!!

April 11, 2014 at 9:01 am

Hey Grandad and Dad – back at ya! What an outflowing of tender love. Levi, it is a joy to read your words. Thank you.

April 11, 2014 at 9:03 am

Nothing a proud Dad and Poppie, lol, wouldn’t want to talk about. Good day my Friend!!! Thanks.

4. Stacy Tolbert

April 11, 2014 at 10:42 am

Reblogged this on stacytolbert and commented:

This is an awesome testimony, and witnesses to the power and effectiveness of teaching our children God’s word from the very beginning of their lives.
    BLESSINGS to you, your wife, children and grandchildren.

5. Stacy Tolbert

April 11, 2014 at 10:47 am

Levi, thank you for your testimony and witnesses to the power of teaching our children the word of God from the very beginning of their lives.
    BLESSINGS to you, your wife, children and grandchildren.

April 11, 2014 at 10:56 am

Thanks so much Stacy. It is very important. Have a great day brother!!!!!

6. vwoods1212

April 11, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Pray your son becomes fully mobilize soon. Enjoy your visit family; always important. vw

7. Ron Whited

April 11, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Levi;
    I am so sorry that I was not aware of the recent events involving your son until just now.Had I known my wife and I would have been praying for him,so of course we will lift him up to the Lord for healing and patience.
    Blessings to you and your family.

April 11, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Thanks Ron. It means a lot. I appreciate it a lot!!!

8. Debbie

April 11, 2014 at 10:44 pm

What a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing them with us and joining you in prayer! God bless!

April 12, 2014 at 12:44 am

So good to hear that Levi II is improving every day. Enjoy your visit with him and his family. I think it is wonderful that he began teaching his daughter at such a young age by reading to her from the Bible! Enjoy your visit!

April 12, 2014 at 7:26 am

Thanks Elaine. He is improving a little at a time. Our visit has been good. Hope your weekend is good!!!!

• Elaine

April 12, 2014 at 8:07 am

Praying for him. Weekend is looking to be very good. Will be able to be back in church on Sunday!! I’ve missed it.

April 12, 2014 at 8:09 am

Good girl. I’m so happy you’ve healed well. We’re in airports and planes until tonight!! Blessings:)

April 12, 2014 at 3:34 am

It’s always encouraging to learn of a Christian couple who do family devotional with their children. I hope you have a good time in Oregon!

April 12, 2014 at 7:24 am

Thanks. It is great to see family devotions. Not many do any more. Our trip has been good.

11. Moore to ponder

April 12, 2014 at 4:29 pm

My heart rejoices as I picture your little granddaughter in my mind. I am also glad your son is recovering.

Blessings,
    Theresa

April 12, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Thanks so much Theresa. She is a real sweetheart. Son is doing better daily. The Lord has granted him a good spirit. Thanks so much for your kindness. Blessings to you!!!

12. Skye @ TheSanctuaryofMyHeart

April 13, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Beautiful post…beautiful family. You are all in my prayers.

April 13, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Thanks so much Skye. I hope all is well with you. Thanks for your prayers!!!!

13. lilbitdunn

April 15, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Very nice post!

14. Merryn

April 17, 2014 at 5:35 am

Such an inspiring post – thankyou! I have been thinking a lot about teaching Scripture to my almost 3 year-old. This year we started memory verses (He can now recall Ephesians 5:20 and Philippians 4:13). What amazed me tonight is that he had learnt (I assume from his Colin Buchanan cd), “This is the day that the Lord has made”. I finished it off for him and then taught him the old chorus “This is the day”. I am so pleased that he is absorbing scripture and also enthusiastically playing his ukulele or tamborine during the music at church. Ourkids watch us so carefully don’t they!

April 17, 2014 at 6:37 am

They really do watch us, both good and bad I’m sure. I think your son is at a great age to start. May The Lord bless it. Thank you!!!!