No Fear Of Death!!!!!

23 Apr

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; he that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. (Revelation 2:11)

The first death we must endure unless the Lord should suddenly come to His temple. For this let us abide in readiness, awaiting it without fear, since Jesus has transformed death from a dreary cavern into a passage leading to glory.

The thing to be feared is not the first but the second death, not the parting of the soul from the body but the final separation of the entire man from God. This is death indeed. This death kills all peace, joy, happiness, hope. When God is gone, all is gone. Such a death is far worse than ceasing to be: it is existence without the life which makes existence worth the having.

Now, if by God’s grace we fight on to the end and conquer in the glorious war, no second death can lay its chill finger upon us, We shall have no fear of death and hell, for we shall receive a crown of life which fadeth not away. How this nerves us for the fight! Eternal life is worth a life’s battle. To escape the hurt of the second death is a thing worth struggling for throughout a lifetime.

Lord, give us faith so that we may overcome, and then grant us grace to remain unharmed though sin and Satan dog our heels!

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

9 responses to “No Fear Of Death!!!!!

April 23, 2014 at 7:44 am

“Been there.Not going back!” is a post I did on my trip to hell. (Feb.) You might find it interesting.

April 23, 2014 at 9:42 am

I shall take a look later today Sue. I’m speaking at an AARP meeting in a bit on gardening for the “old folks”. Lol

2. Luis Hidalgo G.

April 23, 2014 at 8:12 am

Reblogged this on Luis Hidalgo G. and commented:
    We christians shouldn’t fear death.

April 23, 2014 at 10:40 am

Thank you for the reblogs! Do you reblog them into Spanish?

• Luis Hidalgo G.

April 23, 2014 at 10:58 am

It rebloged in my spanish blog, I have two blogs one spanish, one english. Sometimes I try to translate form each to another, but yours went straight to my spanish blog.

3. Debbie

April 23, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Such an encouragement! Thank you and God bless!

April 24, 2014 at 8:36 am

I am so glad you were blessed. Have a great day!!!

4. Bride of YAHUSHUA

April 24, 2014 at 2:50 am

So true…I cannot even do a tiny little thing without the help of my LORD JESUS CHRIST. Without GOD, I would rather not live…I really cannot begin to imagine what is to live without GOD.

April 24, 2014 at 8:07 am

With our Lord it would all be futile. Thanks for your comment!!!