The Simplicity of Salvation!!!!!!

23 Apr

As an Oklahoma State Extension Master Gardener I have received quite an education on plant life and the proper care of them. On the first Wednesday of each month we have a meeting that always includes an expert in a different field relating to gardening or agriculture of some sort. A couple of months ago the owner of Bustani Plant Farm in Stillwater, Ok. was our guest teacher-speaker. He was the former chief biologist-professor at OSU before starting his company.

Bustani Plant Farm isn’t your local nursery where you go to purchase your hanging baskets and plantings. Dr. Steve Owens and his wife Ruth travel the entire world exploring for unique plantings that are acclimated to us here in growing  zone 6. The nursery is only open for 7 weeks out of the year; needless to say we were introduced to flowers and bushes and trees that we had never seen or heard of.

Steve and Ruth had just returned a few weeks prior from Australia with many species that are exotic to us here. He told us of one flower and how it will only germinate when in contact with smoke. There are over 1,200 known plant species that are germinated by smoke. The number of different compounds that make up smoke are over 5,000. Some of these compounds permeate the seed coat and awaken the embryo of the seed to start growing; maybe after many years.

As I began to think about this I was struck with the complexity of Creation. There are untold millions of examples such as this and we are ever learning new information. I also had the thought that I honestly don’t need to know any of these facts to personally know this majestic Creator; but it does tell me a lot about Him.

I personally am thankful that salvation is not complex, but by simple child-like faith I can know this Creator through faith in His Son Jesus Christ. It is not a complicated, tortuous, hard thing to do. Just believe!!! “Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9).  It’s that simple. Child-like faith and belief is all it takes.

If you have never “believed’ in Christ won’t you do it today? If you are a believer thank Him today that He has made it so simple.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

39 responses to “The Simplicity of Salvation!!!!!!

April 23, 2014 at 7:40 am

So many think they have to “clean up their life” before they can be saved. We all are as “filthy rags” and it is only the Lord that can clean us up. All we have to do is ask. Simple as that. Praise God.

April 23, 2014 at 9:38 am

You’re absolutely right! It’s so easy and yet so difficult. Thanks for the great comment:)

2. Luis Hidalgo G.

April 23, 2014 at 8:06 am

Reblogged this on Luis Hidalgo G. and commented:
    Been christian is that simple. But has a highly cost.

April 23, 2014 at 8:12 am

I am also thankful that Salvation is so easy! My prayer is that those who are unsaved would come to realize that and accept the gift He so freely gives! Very interesting stuff about plants!

April 23, 2014 at 9:43 am

Thanks Elaine. There is so many interesting things all around us and we don’t realize most of it. Have a great day girl!!!

4. katebortell

April 23, 2014 at 9:38 am

Im resetting ur posts to come to my email. 🎉🎉

5. james1948

April 23, 2014 at 10:46 am

This is the evolutionists nightmare. The only explanation possible is the God of Creation. The complexity of creation and simplicity of salvation is amazing. We have a great God that loves us and amazes us daily. Thank you.

April 23, 2014 at 10:59 am

He does indeed. I’ve always been amazed that folks could believe in evolution because it would take so much more faith than to simply believe in creation. May God open their eyes to the truth of the Gospel!!

6. james1948

April 23, 2014 at 10:47 am

Reblogged this on James1948's Blog and commented:
    Simply Amazing.

7. Michael

April 23, 2014 at 11:04 am

By smoke…wow. I usually disagree with the theology that says general revelation doesn’t lead one to salvation. Well maybe not in the most proper sense, but we do call it revelation; so it would have to be revelation of the Creator. “The heavens declare the glory of God” (Ps. 19:1). There are many people, some notable, who have found God because they saw him first in nature. Love this post, Levi.

April 23, 2014 at 11:30 am

Thanks Michael. Good to hear from!! I’m in to give a speech to AARP meeting. Talk to you later!!!

8. "light and salt"

April 23, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Well said, as always, Levi! No, the Lord Jesus Christ designed the gospel message to be simple to understand. We don’t need advanced degrees, nor others to explain its simplicity…we just need to believe in Jesus as the Son of God and follow His commands to salvation.

That’s why the sum of the law and the prophets is held in the Royal Law…”Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, body, and soul…and love your neighbor as yourself.”

Jesus said “Trust in God, trust also in me.” I do!

Steve Pejay

April 23, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Well said Steve. Thank you!!!

• "light and salt"

April 23, 2014 at 4:22 pm

My pleasure, Levi. And thank you!

Steve

9. mydelightandmycounsellors

April 23, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Reblogged this on My Delight and My Counsellors.

10. sporterhall

April 23, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Thank you for this beautiful post! His mercy is everlasting and yes, God has made it very simple. We just need to believe. A tiny mustard seed of faith is all that is needed, God bless!

April 24, 2014 at 8:37 am

Amen. You’re very welcome. I hope your day is a good one!!!

April 24, 2014 at 1:27 pm

My wife and I have been taking our two baby daughters to see different gardens and I’m struck with just the details of plants and flowers. I don’t know much, and I’m amazed at just your description of unique flowers and plants. God is amazing!

April 24, 2014 at 1:42 pm

He truly is. Creation looks so simple but is incredibly complex

12. Be Inspired

June 14, 2014 at 10:51 pm

I wonder – Could salvation be simple because the walk of holiness, that straight and narrow, is not as simple? I’m grateful He makes it easy for all, whomsoever, to enter. Nonetheless, this is certainly not for the “faint of heart” even if it is for the broken-hearted. So wild

June 15, 2014 at 7:31 am

It may not be for the faint of heart but neither is “life” itself for the faint of heart; but The Lord has all strength to impart to His people. Have a great day and Lord bless you!!!

• Be Inspired

June 15, 2014 at 5:48 pm

I do agree; He is the imparter of all strength to us.
        Thanks for the blessings and Happy Father’s Day to you

June 15, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Thank you very much. I hope you have a great evening!!!!

13. wisediscerner

June 24, 2014 at 7:56 am

I am always amazed when I hear of the different things that God has created…how intricately He puts into detail the works of His hands…truly magnificent, to think, a flower germinating through smoke. Thanks for sharing that!

June 24, 2014 at 9:09 am

And thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I hope your day is wonderful!!!

September 17, 2014 at 11:03 am

Liked this the first time you posted it and that has not changed. Thanks for posting it again and reminding us of God’s great wonders and how He makes salvation so easy for each and every one of us. A gift, not something we work for! God bless your day Levi!

15. Anonymous

September 17, 2014 at 11:05 am

Thank you Levi. A great reminder that our salvation is simple and free! Blessings!

September 17, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Aren’t we thankful that salvation is free? We could never repay it. Lord bless you!

16. Old Things R New

September 17, 2014 at 8:36 pm

God’s attention to detail and provision is incredible. Imagine a burnt forest, barren until those seeds activated by smoke begin to bring back life. Kind of like Jesus takes our burned and broken spirit and breathes his life into us.

September 17, 2014 at 9:07 pm

It is incredible, isn’t it? Your analogy is great. Thanks for sharing it!

17. jacqui aka shofargirl

September 18, 2014 at 1:32 am

It is so true but when I see these amazing variety of plants and animals and the intricate detail he has designed for us to enjoy it brings such pleasure to my heart such amazement. God Bless x

September 18, 2014 at 8:30 am

It’s a pleasure and blessing to see and know how precise creation is and how it functions. It’s definitely not by an accident that we have all of the order. Hope you are doing well!!!😀

18. Eliza

September 18, 2014 at 2:02 am

It takes fire to get the seedlings of giant sequoias to sprout and grow. Have you ever seen General Sherman the largest living organism on the planet? My husband and I will be seeing that tree again in a few weeks, Lord willing.
    It takes theologians to complicate the simplicity that is in Christ. When we repent of our sin and put our faith in Him we are born again, it is all of His work and His grace. It always amazes me that many try to complicate repentance. It means we agree with Him that our ungodly actions are sin and we turn from them to Him. We don’t want to continue living our way, but we want to live His way for Him. God bless you:)

PS Here is a little trick I use in my garden that accomplishes many purposes. After I roto-till, although I didn’t do that this year (I got some great volunteers!) I lay down a 3-4 inch thick layer of alfalfa over the whole garden. I then make “holes” in the alfalfa and plant my vegetables. The alfalfa, which does not seed, mulches the garden keeping in moisture and keeping out weeds. It makes a home for the spiders and so provides pest control. As it decomposes, it adds nitrogen to the soil so that the plants thrive and give tremendous yields. I have been doing this for years and the soil is richly amended with this “green compost”, and I never rely on animal feces for fertilizers and so don’t have to worry about contamination. It makes gardening so much easier and I get beautiful, flavorful organic produce which we eat up and put up. God bless you:)

September 18, 2014 at 8:28 am

Yes, the alfalfa is full of nitrogen and has all of the benefits like you’ve shared. I’m a big time gardener myself and use nitrogen based plants to till back into the soil. It works great. This is a standard practice with Amish farming. It takes them 4 years to turn a sorry piece of ground into a very fertile one. Have a great day!!! 😀

19. vonhonnauldt

September 20, 2014 at 8:33 am

This is such an interesting post! Looking at “nature,” I often wonder how anyone could be an evolutionist!
    A commenter mentioned theologians complicating the simplicity of salvation. I understand what they’re saying, but theology properly done is the “study” of God, Who is not “simple.” The Psalmist was awe-struck when he considered the heavens, the work of God’s fingers, Psalm 8:3. How much more to consider the God Whose fingers they are!

September 20, 2014 at 8:58 am

I agree. It all boils down to child-like faith in Jesus. It’s a very simple message. Evolution never made sense to me ever even when a kid being taught it. It takes more faith to believe in it than the Bible. Thanks for the great comment. Have a great weekend !!

20. The True Light!

April 14, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Oh Levi…I have been meaning to get back to your blog and read some of these wonderful things of faith! My apologies for not doing so until now…

I preach this all the time. Christians may disagree on some matters of scripture I say, but one thing we all must agree upon is the simple message of salvation! Sincere faith in Christ as the Son of God, confession of such faith before men, repenting of our old sinful ways, baptism into His body, and a life spent walking as best we can with Him.

Simple, clean, easy. Even the ways of the Lord, which many seem to want to avoid as cumbersome, are not…each command of the Father is for our own good and betterment in life! Yes, “child-like” trust and faith, coupled with acting upon this faith, is all it takes to find eternal life!

~Steve

April 14, 2015 at 3:40 pm

You summed this up very well, Steve. Many times, if not much of the time, “true religion” is complicated and convoluted. Our part is really quite simple. I hope you are doing well Brother!

• The True Light!

April 15, 2015 at 10:13 am

And the same with you and yours, Levi! Last time we spoke, I believe your son (?) had some health issues? Hope he is doing better!

Take care and we’ll be talking soon, Lord willing.

~Steve