Forgive and Forget !!!!!!

29 Apr

Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee. (Proverbs 20:22)

Be not in haste. Let anger cool down. Say nothing and do nothing to avenge yourself. You will be sure to act unwisely if you take up the cudgels and fight your own battles; and, certainly, you will not show the spirit of the Lord Jesus. It is nobler to forgive and let the offense pass. To let an injury rankle in your bosom and to meditate revenge is to keep old wounds open and to make new ones. Better forget and forgive.

Peradventure, you say that you must do something or be a great loser; then do what this morning’s promise advises: “Wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee.” This advice will not cost you money but is worth far more, Be calm and quiet. Wait upon the Lord; tell Him your grievance; spread Rabshakeh’s letter before the Lord, and this of itself will be an ease to your burdened mind. Besides, there is the promise “He shall save thee.” God will find a way of deliverance for you. How He will do it neither you nor I can guess, but do it He will, If the Lord saves you, this will be a deal better than getting into petty quarrels and covering yourself with filth by wrestling with the unclean, Be no more angry. Leave your suit with the Judge of all.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

17 responses to “Forgive and Forget !!!!!!

1. tellthetruth1

April 29, 2014 at 5:34 am

You write in “lifesaving mode” today. Of that, I can promise you. Thank you.

April 29, 2014 at 7:52 am

God loves you and I love too. I’m not sure the situation but I’m thrilled you found it. Now go and have a great day!!!

• tellthetruth1

April 29, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Oh Levi, it’s been stunning. You should have heard how the Lord led Mum and I on what to pray over earlier today. Whenever we can, we share Scripture with each other and today was amazing and awesome.

Thank you so much for your kindness and the Lord return it to you 100-fold.

April 29, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I’m so glad you were both blessed. That’s why I do this!!! Thanks so much.

April 29, 2014 at 6:10 am

Spurgeon speak: “to meditate revenge is to keep old wounds open and to make new ones”

April 29, 2014 at 7:09 am

They can fester and spread for sure. It can eat a person up. We’ve all seen it many times haven’t we? You doing good Paul?

3. AuAu

April 29, 2014 at 9:06 pm

“Injuries made with hate never heal”
    I once cut myself and was so angry that my heart kept pumping blood out, I realized and let it go, then the bleeding quickly stopped.

April 29, 2014 at 9:10 pm

That is an analogy that I have never thought of. Very interesting. Thank you for sharing this!!!!

4. K. Q. Duane

April 29, 2014 at 9:38 pm

As an Irishman, I have struggled with this all my life. It is SO hard to let go, when you have been unjustifiably aggrieved. I find the only way for me to let it go, is to let the person go, out of my life.

April 30, 2014 at 5:38 am

No one said it is easy to do but we must always be growing while we remain. It hurts us more than the other person in the long run. Have a great day today!!!

• K. Q. Duane

April 30, 2014 at 10:04 am

I’ve found the forgiveness part is easier than the forgetting part. Thanks for your input.

April 30, 2014 at 11:17 am

There is no doubt. This is every persons problem that we truly should pray The Lord will allow us to forget as He does. It’s all part of our sanctification process. Have a great day!!!

April 30, 2014 at 4:12 am

A good devotional for a very practical sin we can all fall into