Full of Song!!!!!!

01 May

The mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. (Isaiah 55:12)

When sin is pardoned, our greatest sorrow is ended, and our truest pleasure begins. Such is the joy which the Lord bestows upon His reconciled ones, that it overflows and fills all nature with delight. The material world has latent music in it, and a renewed heart knows how to bring it out and make it vocal. Creation is the organ, and a gracious man finds out its keys, lays his hand thereon, and wakes the whole system of the universe to the harmony of praise. Mountains and hills, and other great objects, are, as it were, the bass of the chorus; while the trees of the wood, and all things that have life, take up the air of the melodious song.

When God’s Word is made to prosper among us and souls are saved, then everything seems full of song. When we hear the confessions of young believers and the testimonies of well-instructed saints, we are made so happy that we must praise the Lord, and then it seems as if rocks and hills and woods and fields echo our joy-notes and turn the world into an orchestra. Lord, on this happy May Day, lead me out into thy tuneful world as rich in praise as a lark in full song.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , ,

7 responses to “Full of Song!!!!!!

1. Patricia Thomas

May 1, 2014 at 8:43 am

Reblogged this on Win to Prepare & Prepare to Win….

May 1, 2014 at 1:06 pm

What a joy that we are redeem! I don’t naturally like singing but a few years ago a pastor brought that to my attention that it’s a spiritual heart issue if I can’t bring myself to sing to the Lord. And the Gospel and Jesus is the greatest reason to make a joyful noise unto the Lord!

May 1, 2014 at 2:06 pm

It is. I read an article about men not singing much in church. I’ve noticed quite a few after reading that. I love to sing and in fact sing fairly loud on some songs in worship. My 8 year old grand daughter stands on the seat next to me and sings so loud with me. It’s fun to hear and watch her.

3. atimetoshare

May 1, 2014 at 2:41 pm

My husband tells me that when you wake up in nature the birds, animals and insects indulge in their praises to God too.

May 1, 2014 at 3:20 pm

That could be true. I’ve never thought of it like that. Thanks for the thought!!!

4. kiwiskan

May 1, 2014 at 3:48 pm

When I hear the birds singing I think that they are just doing what they were created for… A lesson in faithfulness

May 1, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Yes they are. But they’re natural habits are what’s instructing to me. Have a good day in NZ.