Spiritual Sowing !!!!!

02 May

He that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Galatians 6:8)

Sowing looks like a losing business, for we put good corn into the ground never to see it anymore. Sowing to the Spirit seems a very fanciful, dreamy business; for we deny ourselves and apparently get nothing for it. Yet if we sow to the Spirit by studying to live unto God, seeking to obey the will of God, and laying ourselves out to promote His honor, we shall not sow in vain. Life shall be our reward, even everlasting life. This we enjoy here as we enter into the knowledge of God, communion with God, and enjoyment of God. This life flows on like an ever-deepening, ever-widening river till it bears us to the ocean of infinite felicity, where the life of God is ours forever and ever.

Let us not this day sow to our flesh, for the harvest will be corruption, since flesh always tends that way; but with holy self-conquest let us live for the highest, purest, and most spiritual ends, seeking to honor our most holy Lord by obeying His most gracious Spirit. What a harvest will that be when we reap life everlasting! What sheaves of endless bliss will be reaped! What a festival will that harvest be! Lord, make us such reapers, for thy Son’s sake.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “Spiritual Sowing !!!!!

May 2, 2014 at 6:00 am

Lovely pictures from this piece today!! Thanks Levi

May 2, 2014 at 6:14 am

You get Paul, glad you enjoyed them. Have a great weekend!

2. Equipping The Saints

May 2, 2014 at 8:31 am

Thank you for your post; it is very thought-provoking. When consider the sowing that farmers have to do for their livelihood, we should also consider James 5:7, “consider the farmer.” The farmer plants his seed and faithfully waits for the harvest rains and the crop that will follow. Amazingly, the banker shares in that faith by lending money to the farmer. I once talked to a farmer (back in the 1980s) who said that he borrowed $200,000 from the bank every year for his farming. Yes, even bankers have faith, And, no, all bankers are not evil. Please keep up the good work.

3. Kelly Grace

May 2, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Getting ready to plant my garden and I’m looking for fruitfulness. I know if I plant carrots I’ll get carrots. Now if I could just apply that to everything else I sow in life and think first about what I want to reap. . .

May 2, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Exactly right. Minus the weeds in the garden and it would be a breeze wouldn’t it?

4. vwoods1212

May 2, 2014 at 5:59 pm

So true. Thanks for the Word. vw

5. Debbie

May 2, 2014 at 8:03 pm

This really spoke to me today! Thank you so much for your faithfulness to Him!

May 2, 2014 at 8:07 pm

I’m glad Debbie. This was almost 46 years ago but God was, and is merciful, and finally molded me into His servant. Thanks for the encouragement. Have a nice evening!!!$

May 2, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Sorry, I commented on the wrong post. Spurgeon will speak to you almost everyday. At least he does me. Glad you were blessed.

6. Daddysgirl

May 2, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Oh Brother Levi, you always choose gems from the “Spurgeon vault”. Thanks for sharing.

May 3, 2014 at 6:24 am

And I thank you for reading them. I’m so glad you are blessed by them. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend.!!!!!!