Wait For The Finals !!!!!!!!

11 May
Wait For The Finals !!!!!!!!

Gad, a troop shall overcome him: but he shall overcome at the last. (Genesis 49:19)

Some of us have been like the tribe of Gad. Our adversaries for a while were too many for us; they came upon us like a troop. Yes, and for the moment they overcame us; and they exulted greatly because of their temporary victory. Thus they only proved the first part of the family heritage to be really ours, for Christ’s people, like Dan, shall have a troop overcoming them. This being overcome is very painful, and we should have despaired if we had not by faith believed the second line of our father’s benediction, “He shall overcome at the last.” “All’s well that ends well,” said the world’s poet; and he spoke the truth. A war is to be judged, not by first success or defeats, but by that which happens “at the last.” The Lord will give to truth and righteousness victory “at the last”; and, as Mr. Bunyan says, that means forever, for nothing can come after the last.

What we need is patient perseverance in well-doing, calm confidence in our glorious Captain. Christ, our Lord Jesus, would teach us His holy art of setting the face like a flint to go through with work or suffering till we can say, “It is finished.” Hallelujah. Victory! Victory! We believe the promise. “He shall overcome at the last.”

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

7 responses to “Wait For The Finals !!!!!!!!

1. Athena OfAthens

May 11, 2014 at 7:03 am

I love me some Charles Spurgeon….I named my dog after him…well, his last name…Calvin Augustine Rufus Spurgeon is my baby’s registered name…everyone hates it but me…but…I named him, so I don’t care.

Thanks for the post.

May 11, 2014 at 7:31 am

Athena, I love the name so much. All of them including Rufus. What kind of dog is it? The expectations would be high. lol have a great day!!!

2. rhsministries

May 11, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Amen!!! Very encouraging!!!

May 11, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I’m so glad this encouraged you. Have a great rest of the day!

3. skinnyuz2b

May 12, 2014 at 6:21 pm

During this horrible recession that has altered our lives so much, we have to have hope. We’ve learned to do without so much and become stronger by working together to survive.

May 12, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I think you are right. Maybe we were a “wee bit” spoiled before, speaking of myself of course. This isn’t home, we’re just passing through. Good to hear from you!!!