Never Will God Do These 3 Things With Our Sin !!!!!!

13 May

Today I would like to share with you three things that God will never do with our sin.

(1) He doesn’t and never will use it to determine how he will deal with us (Ps. 103:10)
(2) He doesn’t and never will look to our sin in order to repay us (Ps. 103:10).

(3) He doesn’t and never will count it against us again (Ps. 32:2).

“He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities” (Psalm 103:10)/strong>.

“Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit” (Psalm 32:2).

I would like to put these two verses together into one.

I want us to think for a moment how at times we may deal with others. We keep fresh in our minds their unjust or unkind acts toward us. We continue to have the memories of their faults and failings. Sometimes we not let them forget what they did and we often make sure others know of it as well. We look for every opportunity, usually secretly, to make them pay for their transgressions. We hold it in our hearts and over their heads and persuade ourselves that it’s only fair that they be treated this way.

Now think again of the description of God in His “dealings” with us: “He does NOT deal with us according to our sins” (v. 10a). Our sins don’t make up the rule or standard according to which God makes His decisions on how to treat us. He doesn’t recall or bring up or publicly announce our history of hatred and blasphemy and greed and pride before He develops His plan for our life or before He responds to something we’ve just said or done.

More amazing still is the second statement in v. 10, that God does NOT “repay us according to our iniquities” (v. 10b). It’s certainly not because our sins don’t deserve repayment. They are deep and many and wicked and are deserving of the most severe eternal judgment. But those who “fear Him” (v. 11b) don’t ever need to fear that He will require payment or require suffering or insist, according to the exactness of His law and unforgiving holiness, that we pay the consequences of violating His will and ways.

Now, I want to ask you this question. Why doesn’t God deal with us according to our sins (Ps. 103:10)? Why doesn’t He repay us according to our iniquities? Why doesn’t He  count or charge our sins against us? On what grounds does He take such generous and marvelous action? Does He just wave a magic wand of forgiveness and take away our guilt? Does He just forget about our rebellion and unbelief and gross sin as if they were nothing and of no concern? Does He ignore the demands of His holiness when He forgives us? Does He act like justice doesn’t matter any longer or that love wins over righteousness?

For sure the answer is no! The reason why God doesn’t deal with us according to our sins is because He has dealt with Jesus in fulfilling the requirement! The reason why God doesn’t repay us according to our sins is because He has repaid His Son accordingly with what holiness demands. And we must not forget of the voluntary love of the Son Himself!

David wrote these words of hope and life in the context of the Old Testament sacrificial system. He could speak assuredly of such grace and kindness because he personally knew of the Day of Atonement and of the blood sacrifices. He knew of the scapegoat onto whose head his sins were placed and transferred. (Symbolic of Jesus)

Now in our case, on this side of the cross that forever and finally fulfills these old covenant types and symbols, we can certainly rest in the freedom of forgiveness because God has “put forward Jesus Christ as a propitiation by His blood”.

God did not put our sins aside as if they didn’t matter at all. What He did do is He “laid on Him (Jesus) the iniquity of us all” (Isa. 53:6b). God didn’t just ignore the demands of His holiness and righteous character, but He “wounded” Jesus “for our transgressions” and “crushed” Him “for our iniquities” (Isa. 53:5).

This alone is why we can sing and celebrate that God does not and never will “deal with us according to our sins” or “repay us according to our iniquities”. The gauge of God’s “steadfast love” (v. 11) is the depth of the sacrifice He endured in giving up His only Son to suffer in our place.

Until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on May 13, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

48 responses to “Never Will God Do These 3 Things With Our Sin !!!!!!

1. lilkaraphael

May 13, 2014 at 7:54 am

This is a great post. Now, if only we can follow His example as we deal with one another. I needed to hear this message this morning to give me a fresh perspective, so THANK YOU!

May 13, 2014 at 8:02 am

You’re most welcome. Hope you find one on dealing with one another too. Have a great day!!!!

2. Ingrid Lochamire

May 13, 2014 at 8:15 am

Thank you, Levi, for reminding me how to live like Jesus. I needed this today. Our God is so good, so full of grace. What a challenge to show that same grace toward others!

May 13, 2014 at 8:23 am

It is indeed Ingrid. Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!!!

May 13, 2014 at 10:36 am

Praise God for His great mercy and that its new every morning otherwise I’d be sunk!

May 13, 2014 at 10:41 am

Me too!! The grace of God is the most remarkable thing EVER to such undeserving people. And to think that He still loves us. Incredible. Thanks and have a great day my friend 🙂

4. Stacy Tolbert

May 13, 2014 at 11:15 am

If not for the MIGHTY BLOOD of our Lord and Savior, God’s unconditional agope LOVE, His unfailing GRACE, and His MERCIES being renewed in our lives daily, where would we be? Great post Brother Levi.

5. K. Q. Duane

May 13, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Then what’s the purpose of hell and who goes there?

May 13, 2014 at 2:47 pm

All who don’t believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and who don’t trust Him by faith as their Savior personally. The piece I wrote is applicable only to true believers.

• scythewieldor

May 15, 2014 at 11:58 am

I wonder if, when we decide to hold accountable one Christ has forgiven, we become little anti-christs. If we avenge ourselves against men that God has justified, how evil are we?

May 15, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Unfortunately, our sinfulness comes in many forms, this being one of them. He truly is the only Judge. Pray that we allow Him only to be that and not ourselves.

6. K. Q. Duane

May 13, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Then what is the purpose of hell and who goes there and why?

7. Truth2Freedom

May 13, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Beautifully said and articulated. Thank you for this encouragement.

8. "light and salt"

May 13, 2014 at 4:10 pm

No matter how often I say it, again I say “thank you Jesus!” For without His sacrifice, we would have none of the three things you mention here!

Good job, Levi!

Steve

May 13, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Without the sacrifice that was sufficient for “all of our sin”, past, present, future He would still have to hold us accountable. Praise God it is sufficient!! Thanks Steve

9. †disciple†

May 13, 2014 at 4:47 pm

If we confess our sins, he will forgive and heal us. He will hear our prayers from heaven, lead us to the cross, and purify us through the process of Holy Ghost Sanctification. He is Yahweh God and we are his holy people; his royal priesthood who sing the praises of the Son.

One Love †

May 13, 2014 at 4:52 pm

I believe what you said to be true! Btw, thanks for following me. Grace to you!!!

10. Elizabeth Melton Parsons

May 13, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Sometimes I do need to be reminded of these things. Thank you, Levi.

May 13, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Elizabeth, you are not alone. We all do. Our old nature continues to want to merit salvation. I’m sure glad it doesn’t depend on merit or I would be in big trouble. Thanks for commenting!!!

11. Bongo

May 13, 2014 at 6:36 pm

It is amazing what Jesus has done for us, and He also requires us to forgive others. Sometimes it takes His help to do it though.

May 13, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I agree. I need to remind myself of God’s grace continually. It has helped me much!!!

12. Susan Zyp

May 13, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Doesn’t the offender need to confess and be sorry to receive forgiveness just as we Christians also must before God?

May 14, 2014 at 6:19 am

There is no textual support for that idea. As God is One of grace so are we to be. But to have close fellowship again with a person confession and forgiveness will be offered as the believer does with Christ.

• Susan Zyp

May 15, 2014 at 8:33 am

I somewhat agree (which means I somewhat disagree)

May 15, 2014 at 9:27 am

That is what I a would think. I am speaking in this only of believers.

• Susan Zyp

May 15, 2014 at 10:52 am

Oh I’m a believer and fully acknowledge and accept the truth about God’s grace. I just disagree with you..

May 15, 2014 at 10:55 am

That’s not a problem with me. Not many agree 100% with anybody and I know that I am not infallible. Thanks Susan and blessings to you!!!

13. Aurora

May 14, 2014 at 9:24 am

Forgiveness is difficult. God laid all sin on Jesus to be able to forgive us. Who do I give all the wrongs done to me to? While the simple answer may be give it to Jesus my question is if my answer is correct, why do I struggle to give it to Jesus?

May 14, 2014 at 9:54 am

Thanks for the good question. You have answered part of your question. Jesus is where we are to lay everything including wrongs done us. The problem with all believers is we still like to hold on to try control issues because we still deal with the old nature. Naturally I have the same problems at times but not close to what I use to once I understood “grace”. When He taught me what He truly has done for me on a daily basis and doesn’t charge me with it any longer ever, how can I against others. I hope this may help you. Blessings!!

• Aurora

May 14, 2014 at 10:48 am

Thank you. I want to get to that place. God will take me there either when He’s ready or I let go.

• scythewieldor

May 15, 2014 at 12:03 pm

When we train our souls to think in terms of the resurrection, it is much easier to get over offenses we encounter. There really is a second death. There really is a new heaven and a new earth. Remembering that can make mountains into molehills.

May 15, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I agree. I can tie scriptures theme to the Gospel. Without it nothing else matters. Thanks for the great comment!!

14. vwoods1212

May 14, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Totally beautiful. Very peaceful. vw

May 14, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Such amazing promises from those verses in the book of Psalms. I’m edified to see you tying back to the Gospel as the basis for our sins not counted against us!

May 15, 2014 at 6:05 am

I’m glad you are. Can’t we tie most of Scripture back to the Gospel?

16. Ron Whited

May 17, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Thank you Levi for stating so clearly how it is that God has already dealt with our sin through the sacrifice of His only Son. What we could never do Jesus Christ willingly did for us all. I shall never forget that I have been bought with a price….
    Ron

May 17, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Ron, this one aspect of the Gospel amazes me more just about every day that I’m alive. And it’s all because of the Ultimate Sacrifice that our debt is forgotten. Great news for a all believers indeed. Have a great weekend brother!!

17. Anonymous

June 5, 2014 at 11:25 am

Thank you for your godly outreach and sharing by your post. Surely, it is one of the most necessary ways we are to use the opportunities and tools granted us by these new social media and technologies. Be encouraged and strengthened to continue as is meet before GOD!

June 5, 2014 at 11:38 am

Thank you very much for the encouragement. When I started “messing” with this blog a short few months ago I never even conceived in my mind that God would use it as He is. It’s my pleasure to do it for Him. His grace is marvelous!!!

18. Daddysgirl

October 9, 2014 at 11:00 am

Piercing heart good!!! Thank you.

October 9, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I’m glad the Lord used it to your benefit and His glory. Hope you had a great day!!!😀