God’s High Places !!!!!!

15 May
God’s High Places !!!!!!

I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. (Psalm 91:14)

Does the Lord say this to me? Yes, if I have known His name. Blessed be the Lord, I am no stranger to Him. I have tried Him, proved Him, and known Him, and therefore do I trust Him. I know His name as a sin-hating God, for by His Spirit’s convincing power I have been taught that He will never wink at evil. But I also know Him as the sin-pardoning God in Christ Jesus, for He has forgiven me all trespasses. His name is faithfulness, and I know it, for He has never forsaken me though my troubles have multiplied upon me.

This knowledge is a gift of grace, and the Lord makes it to be the reason why He grants another grace-gift, namely, setting on high. This is grace upon grace. Observe that if we climb on high, the position may be dangerous; but if the Lord sets us there it is safe. He may raise us to great usefulness, to eminent experience, to success in service, to leadership among workers, to a father’s place among the little ones. If He does not do this, He may set us on high by near fellowship, clear insight, holy triumph, and gracious anticipation of eternal glory. When God sets us on high, Satan himself cannot pull us down. Oh, that this may be our case all through this day!

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , ,

7 responses to “God’s High Places !!!!!!

May 15, 2014 at 5:09 am

Love this. The second set of “If he does not do this, He may …” so often “not good enough” for own ambitions (that weird cocktail of “I am so unworthy” plus “I deserve that – what about me”). Thank you.

2. Heather

May 15, 2014 at 8:16 am

“Observe that if we climb on high, the position may be dangerous; but if the Lord sets us there it is safe” This is so true- Trying to grab honor and high position on our own is so dangerous and outside of God’s will for us! Thanks for sharing this Levi!

May 15, 2014 at 10:08 am

Amen. He is faithful to keep His promises and He’s proven it to me many, many, many times. Thanks for the reminder.

May 15, 2014 at 10:18 am

He is faithful. We not be able to trust any person 100% but if God promised it there is never a doubt!! Have a great day.

May 15, 2014 at 10:21 am

Sue, do you have on your blog the widget where I can have your new posts emailed to me? If so, I can’t find it. I have so many notifications that I often can’t easily find you, and others I’m looking for unless you like mine or comment. Thanks!!

4. scythewieldor

May 15, 2014 at 11:46 am

I watch historical dramas about Korean kings & queens. The people who stand with the rising one in all kinds of perilous situations rises with the rising one.
    Our Lord can not be unfaithful. If, only,we can remain faithful.
    2 Pet 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.