Two At Once !!!!!!

20 May

bethmatt

Last night I was a proud grandpa (Poppie). Not that I am not everyday. We were happy to witness  our graduates, granddaughter Bethany, and grandson Matthew from the same local high school. It is so hard to believe that this is possible. Robert, our oldest grandchild, finished school 2 years ago. Last evening, numbers 2 and 3 walked the stage to receive their diploma. Wow!!! My how the years have flown by.

This little rolled up piece of paper marks the culmination of their longest achievement to date in their young lives, but Lord willing, it is only the beginning, I have discovered in my 61 years that there are many chapters in life. Their young lives are in the early pages at the front of the book.

Looking back, I see the hand of God is on each page of a believers life, and continues till he meets Him face to face. David penned Psalm 37 with these trustworthy words:

“The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
when he delights in His way;
though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong,
for the LORD upholds his hand”. (Vs 23-24)

In Hannah’s prayer in I Samuel 2 we find a companion verse:

“He will guard the feet of His faithful ones,
but the wicked shall be cut off in darkness,
for not by might shall a man prevail”. (Vs.9)

It is to my souls delight that both Bethany, and Matt, have trusted Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. My prayer for them both is they will continue in His Word, grow in His wisdom, and seek to honor the Son of God Who loved them and gave Himself for them. That they will be listeners and followers of their Master.

Your Poppie and whole family are very proud of you both. We look forward to watching you grow in His abundant grace.

Until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on May 20, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

32 responses to “Two At Once !!!!!!

1. richardlowellbryant

May 20, 2014 at 5:21 am

Continued blessings on you and your family.

May 20, 2014 at 5:59 am

Blessings to you and your beautiful family.

3. atimetoshare

May 20, 2014 at 7:41 am

My first grandson will graduate this Friday. Feeling proud!

4. Heather

May 20, 2014 at 8:01 am

Amen Levi!! So glad you get to share in the fun this graduation season as well! Blessings to you and your family proud Poppie!

May 20, 2014 at 8:15 am

Heather, I’m blessed to be able to take a big part in our many grand children’s lives. So blessed. Thanks and have a great day!!!!

• Heather

May 20, 2014 at 8:36 am

That’s so awesome! You have a great day too!

5. msauthorette

May 20, 2014 at 8:54 am

Aww, congratulations to your grandchildren! 🙂 (my kids call my dad, Papa)

May 20, 2014 at 11:00 am

Thanks so much. I didn’t choose Poppie the first grandchild named me so I’m forever Poppie I guess. Lol. My dad was was Papa. Thanks for your nice comment. Have a great day!!!

6. Rob Barkman

May 20, 2014 at 9:09 am

Levi,

Congratulations to the two grads. They look like two great grandkids. You have done well my friend!

7. Stacy Tolbert

May 20, 2014 at 10:30 am

To raise a God fearing family is the biggest blessing that a man can receive in my opinion. Levi you are BLESSED my brother. Congrats to you for being the true Priest in your home, and congrats to your strong and good-looking 2014 graduates. May they both continue to walk in the love, grace and power of our Lord, and may God continue to richly bless you Levi.

May 20, 2014 at 11:12 am

Stacy, I’m am blessed for certain. You’re too gracious with your words. I appreciate you. May The Lord bless your day!!!

May 20, 2014 at 11:50 am

Congratulations to the new grads! I just watched my youngest granddaughter graduate from college two weeks ago. What a blessing to see how the Lord Works in her life. It will be exciting to see where life takes her!

May 20, 2014 at 11:54 am

It is exciting to watch the blossom. My wife said it was like the opening of a rose bud. We are both blessed. Praise The Lord for His goodness!!! Have a great day.

• Elaine

May 20, 2014 at 11:58 am

I like your wife’s analogy! She says it well. Have a wonderful day in your neck of the woods too!

9. Denise DeMarco

May 20, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Your grandchildren have witnessed your walk with the Lord and have been blessed to be prayed for since they were born. They also know that they can count on you for support as they continue on their journeys. These are valuable tools to have in this world. Well done! Congratulations to your granddaughter and grandson!!

May 20, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Thanks so much Denise. They do know we are always here. The neat thing about grand parenting is they confide in us before their own parents most times. They have good parents but I suppose I know more now than with my own kids. Have a great afternoon!!!

10. "light and salt"

May 20, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Beautiful, my friend! Congrats to the “kids,” and to the “Poppie!”

Steve

May 20, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Thanks so much Steve. Great day to you!!!

• "light and salt"

May 20, 2014 at 4:28 pm

They are yet another blessing in your life! Take care my friend…

Steve

11. beenough

May 20, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Beautiful. Well said. Thank you for sharing.

May 20, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Thank you for reading it and the encouragement. Lord bless you!!!

12. Anna

May 20, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Congratulations Levi. You have a beautiful family! 🙂

May 20, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Are they twins? Congrats!

14. Skye @ TheSanctuaryofMyHeart

May 21, 2014 at 5:30 am

Congratulations! How wonderful to have your family so close that you can be a part of these wonderful milestones!! 🙂 Your family is beautiful, Levi!

May 21, 2014 at 10:02 am

Thanks so much Skye. All of my grand kids live within 7 miles of me but one. She’s my FaceTime Baby. I am blessed more than I deserve for sure. Thanks Dear!!!😀

15. sporterhall

May 27, 2014 at 9:19 pm

What a beautiful family you have sir! Congratulations to them both! How blessed they are to have your love and support. Evidently, you have been a wonderful example of what walking with God looks like and I am confident that they have learned abundantly from you and will take these lessons with them wherever they go! God bless you and your family Levi!