Christ’s Forgiveness !!!!!!

21 May

forgiveness

There is one subject that I write on often. FORGIVENESS!!!.This quote speaks of it well.

“Forgiveness transcends finite human reason. The mere thought that one’s entire sin account can be utterly eradicated is staggering. Yet it is quite clear that the forgiveness of sins strikes at the very core of human need and experience. It speaks of guilt gone, remorse removed, depression disappearing and emptiness of life eradicated. What power there is in forgiveness! And it all comes abundantly from the gracious hand of God.”

Lewis A. Drummond, quoted in The Voice from the Cross (Grand Rapids, 1990), page 18.

Until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on May 21, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

30 responses to “Christ’s Forgiveness !!!!!!

1. Skye @ TheSanctuaryofMyHeart

May 21, 2014 at 5:26 am

A perfect first post of the day to read. Amen! Have a wonderful day, Dear Levi!!

2. atimetoshare

May 21, 2014 at 7:34 am

Great words of encouragement. Thanks, Levi!

3. scythewieldor

May 21, 2014 at 8:21 am

So many who have been Christians (or, at least, have been very familiar with Christianity having been raised in it) have a hard time with the torment of guilt. “I just can’t see how God could forgive me”, they opine. My response? “Are you a forgiver?” Forgiving your debtors builds faith to enjoy the forgiveness God has made for you. You can’t know the Lord’s ways unless you walk in them- at least, some. Part of knowing someone is spending time doing the same things in the same places as that other person. So is knowing God.

May 21, 2014 at 9:10 am

What you have said is so true. I have found that when I finally understood grace it became easier for me to forgive others and to know that I was forgiven by God. Thanks for the good comment!!

4. Equipping The Saints

May 21, 2014 at 9:15 am

Thanks for the post. It is very good. Please continue with your good work.

Senior Pastor/Equipping the Saints
    Philip 3:10, “That I May Know Him”

May 21, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Great post Levi! Thank you. Have a lovely day!

May 21, 2014 at 12:41 pm

You’re welcome Elaine. Hope your day is a good one too. Enjoy!!

6. "light and salt"

May 21, 2014 at 1:07 pm

This couples well with a post I did yesterday on the song “Amazing Grace!” Yes, the benefits of God’s grace on the physical body compliment the spiritual blessings without a doubt!

Good job, Levi!

Steve

May 21, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Thanks Steve. I loved your post yesterday.

• "light and salt"

May 21, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Thank you! Seems to be of interest to a number of people, including myself! So many of our hymns came from that “reformation” period…

Take care, Levi! Enjoy your day in the Lord.
        Steve

May 21, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Thanks Steve. Enjoy the rest of your day!!!

• "light and salt"

May 22, 2014 at 11:27 am

Good Morning, Levi…(well, at least here it is AM)! Hope to be able to look in on your site today.

I know you’ll have something good to read! Enjoy your day…

Steve

May 22, 2014 at 11:38 am

Still AM for 30 minutes. Lol. You have a great day to Steve.

• "light and salt"

May 22, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Lord willing, we’ll talk again later, my friend!

Steve

7. †disciple†

May 21, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I like the picture. The angels celebrate as Jesus reigns with mercy.

May 21, 2014 at 1:28 pm

It is a good one and He is full of mercy and forgiveness.

8. Truth2Freedom

May 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Reblogged this on Truth2Freedom's Blog.

9. Truth2Freedom

May 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Thank you for sharing this post!

10. Rob Barkman

May 21, 2014 at 6:00 pm

What a great quotation. I really appreciate it. Especially … ” The mere thought that one’s entire sin account can be utterly eradicated is staggering. ”

Amen! and may all glory be given to the Lord for His wonderful workings among men!

May 21, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Thanks Rob. I thought that was the key sentence as well. It really is incomprehensible to the mind but I believe every bit of it to the core. Only Christ can receive all of the glory for it. Thanks brother!!!

11. Debbie

May 21, 2014 at 7:32 pm

I can’t hear about forgiveness enough! Thank you and God bless you!

May 21, 2014 at 7:35 pm

You are welcome Debbie. I love your wonderful poems too btw. They are great. You’re a real inspiration. Thank you!!!

May 22, 2014 at 2:47 am

What a great gift of God’s grace to be granted forgiveness through Jesus!