God’s Promises Keep !!!!!!

01 Jun
God’s Promises Keep !!!!!!

Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. (Ecclesiastes 11:1)

We must not expect to see an immediate reward for all the good we do; nor must we always confine our efforts to places and persons which seem likely to yield us a recompense for our labors. The Egyptian casts his seed upon the waters of the Nile, where it might seem a sheer waste of corn. But in due time the flood subsides, the rice or other grain sinks into the fertile mud, and rapidly a harvest is produced. Let us today do good to the unthankful and the evil. Let us teach the careless and the obstinate. Unlikely waters may cover hopeful soil. Nowhere shall our labor be in vain in the Lord.

It is ours to cast our bread upon the waters; it remains with God to fulfill the promise “Thou shalt find it.” He will not let His promise fail. His good word which we have spoken shall live, shall be found, shall be found by us, Perhaps not just yet, but some day we shall reap what we have sown. We must exercise our patience, or perhaps the Lord may exercise it. “After many days,” says the Scripture, and in many instances those days run into months and years, and yet the Word stands true. God’s promise will keep; let us mind that we keep the precept and keep it this day.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

15 responses to “God’s Promises Keep !!!!!!

1. Yvonne I. Wilson

June 1, 2014 at 7:32 am

Amen! God bless you and have a wonderful day!

2. sporterhall

June 1, 2014 at 9:57 am

This is so wonderfully written and with such beautiful anointing. It may not be what the doctor ordered, but it is definitely what I, the patient ordered. For I am a witness to God’s unlimited healing! Psalms 118:24 says: “This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” God bless you on this glorious day!

June 1, 2014 at 10:23 am

I’m so glad you ordered it. Lol. Our God is a healing God among His many attributes. I have witnessed His healing hand on more than one occasion. Have a blessed day!!😀

• sporterhall

June 1, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I hope you had a blessed day and an even more blessed evening!

June 2, 2014 at 5:45 am

Thank you very much. You are so kind. May The Lord bless your Monday!!!

• sporterhall

June 2, 2014 at 11:44 am

You are welcome and thank you also for sharing such wonderful posts. The Lord blessed my Monday when my eyes opened once again this morning! I hope you are having a blessed Monday as well!

3. skinnyuz2b

June 1, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Levi, one of my faults is telling people when I do something good that is better left either anonymous or left for the receiver to tell. I am constantly biting my tongue, but sometimes I still slip.

June 1, 2014 at 6:03 pm

I know. We all have different flaws. Some of our weaknesses are sloughed off as just “being ourselves”, but we know inside. Nice hearing from you!!😀

4. Moore to ponder

June 1, 2014 at 10:20 pm

This post and the one about the musk thistle are so good…really encouraging. This bit about the Egyptian’s farming technique is fascinating, and I would like to read more about that.

“The Egyptian casts his seed upon the waters of the Nile, where it might seem a sheer waste of corn. But in due time the flood subsides, the rice or other grain sinks into the fertile mud, and rapidly a harvest is produced.”

June 2, 2014 at 5:44 am

Good morning, I’m glad you enjoyed the post. I have read of the Egyptian “planting methods” along the Nile and it is quite fascinating. Other farmers around the world use the same method in areas. Hope The Lord is blessing you all. It’s always good to hear from you Therinda. Lord bless you!!!

5. Skye

June 3, 2014 at 7:17 am

This was perfect to fit my day. Thank you, Dear Levi. 🙂 (got my coffee–making for a perfect morning).