Love Sweet Love !!!!!!

04 Jun

Sometimes, the strangest things pop into my mind, from where “I don’t know”; and oftentimes they are oldies songs. It happened to me 3 times yesterday with 3 different songs that I hadn’t thought of, or heard, for quite awhile. Am I the only person that does this?

The tune that suddenly appeared in my mind ( and I started humming as well ) while iPadding in my comfy leather chair was “What The a World Needs Now Is Love”, by Jackie DeShannon from the 60s. All day long I have been humming this tune.

Now, there is no question that what The World Needs Now Is Love. The ultimate true love that everybody needs is God’s love through Jesus Christ; but in this world we all need human love as well. Since we are humans created in the “image of God”, and one of God’s attributes is love, all humans have, and need love, to and from others.

This love can come from, and to, parents, relatives, spouses, friends, pets, and anything that has the capacity to give or receive it. As I look at my study wall I see (let me count) 23 love notes from a very precious granddaughter.

aly1

When she comes to visit and I am in my study she will take a yellow sticky pad from my desk drawer and write me a love note. Some of them are more than 3 years old now and are still stuck on the wall where she originally placed them. I am reminded everyday that she loves me; although it doesn’t require a love note from her, it is a special touch. Besides that, look at “all of the hair she gave me”. She is so sweet and generous to her Poppie!!! The note below is the only one that doesn’t say she loves me, but you can still see it.

aly3

The Bible is God’s “love note” to us. Within the pages of Scripture we find the depths of His love oozing from the written Word on just about every page, if not every. This “Love Book” is so very special to all that will receive the message He has written.

If you are doubting His love, or just don’t feel it, open the Bible and let our Heavenly Father whisper to your soul how much He really does love you.

Until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on June 4, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , ,

44 responses to “Love Sweet Love !!!!!!

1. InfiniteZip

June 4, 2014 at 4:36 am

I love that song;) still play it;)

June 4, 2014 at 5:27 am

It’s a good one. I love the 60s music most of all. πŸ˜€

2. Julie Harris

June 4, 2014 at 4:57 am

Now I am singing that song in my head πŸ™‚ Those little love notes from your granddaughter are just precious! Little treasures!

June 4, 2014 at 5:25 am

Good morning Julie. Now I have a new tune this morning. Lol. Her notes are little treasures to me. They are Precious to me. Hope your day is wonderful!!!

3. katebortell

June 4, 2014 at 5:34 am

Wonderful post Levi! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

4. Rivera

June 4, 2014 at 5:49 am

The artistry of children never cease to amaze me. Communicating sheer innocence, and total love.
    The Bible does indeed accomplish the same.
    Wonderful analogy.. Wonderful post.. The song……
    πŸ™‚

June 4, 2014 at 6:39 am

Thank you brother for your encouragement. Children, especially grandchildren, are so Precious!!!

• Rivera

June 4, 2014 at 6:53 am

I was once told.. “Grandchildren are God’s way of giving parents a second chance”
        Blessings

June 4, 2014 at 7:00 am

And it is every word true. A little experience and wisdom helps a great deal. Lol

5. atimetoshare

June 4, 2014 at 6:57 am

What a lovely story, Levi. Each time I receive one of those love notes, I tuck them into my heart and remember forever. One in particular from my granddaughter – “Grandma, You’re the best grandma ever – on my mother’s side.”

June 4, 2014 at 7:06 am

These notes are Precious to us. I have a whole drawer of them too. Have a great day!!!πŸ˜€

6. Family to the 5 Power!

June 4, 2014 at 7:04 am

Those notes and drawings are so precious!! Thank you for the great post to start the day.

June 4, 2014 at 7:18 am

The pleasure is mine. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Have a wonderful day πŸ™‚

7. Vincent Chough

June 4, 2014 at 7:48 am

Now that’s some really good fruit. Bless you brother!

June 4, 2014 at 8:00 am

And it’s very “sweet” fruit too. Lol. Thanks and have a wonderful day!πŸ˜€

8. Heather

June 4, 2014 at 7:51 am

i “love” this Levi! That’s decorating at it’s finest!! Have a beautiful day!

June 4, 2014 at 7:54 am

Thank you Heather!! YOU have a wonderful day. πŸ˜€

June 4, 2014 at 8:56 am

You asked if this happens to others. YES! I think the Lord popped the song in your head for the purpose of bringing out this message. My post, “Wishing I was the wind” happened the same way. I haven’t thought of the song “The Wayward Wind” in years! Suddenly there it is and bingo, there’s my post. Now I’m curious as to what song is playing in your head now? Next article? πŸ™‚

June 4, 2014 at 9:00 am

Good morning Sue. I’m humming “Grace grace Gods grace” as I’m driving. Oops, I’m not suppose to do that. Lol. I multi-task a lot.

• Sue C.

June 4, 2014 at 2:32 pm

It’s texting and talking on the cell phone that your not suppose to do while driving. Humming is okay. Especially songs like that. πŸ™‚

June 4, 2014 at 2:48 pm

I was talking about texting and driving Sue. That’s why I needed to be humming that song. Lol Have a good afternoon/evening!!!πŸ˜€

10. msauthorette

June 4, 2014 at 9:01 am

Awww, that is so sweet! The love notes are truly special πŸ™‚ I adore it when my son makes pictures for me of us with our future β€œrainbow house” (I don’t know where he got the idea from, but he prays for our rainbow house and draws it often). Love is so important; it’s a part of who we are. Great post!

June 4, 2014 at 9:07 am

Love is so important to us. The children make it very special. The rainbow house is cute. Have a nice day Kristina!! Thank you πŸ™‚

11. linda parvin hutchinson

June 4, 2014 at 9:06 am

That is the sweetest post and started my day with a smile on so many levels. You are a lucky man, Poppie!

June 4, 2014 at 9:08 am

I am blessed Linda. Glad it put a smile on your face. May it remain all day! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€.

Poppie

12. Paige Hamilton

June 4, 2014 at 9:07 am

What a beautiful picture comparison!

Currently, I have a yellow sticky note stuck to my bedside table. My 10 year old daughter gave it to me a few days before she left for Germany … a sweet little reminder of her love. Makes me smile every time I see it.

Thanks for the encouragement to read God’s love note to me today. I have to admit, at times (between trying to wash clothes and dishes, cooke, run errands, etc) it gets to feeling like another chore. I know that when I remember to think of it as God’s special letter to me I don’t feel nearly as much like just checking off another box on my “to do” list, but rather I savor it and take the time to ponder over His love. πŸ™‚

June 4, 2014 at 9:12 am

Paige, these notes to us are priceless. Just pure simple love. I know with all of the busyness spending time with The Lord is hard. Let Him tell you He loves you today!!

Your comments are always an encouragement to me. Thank you!!
      πŸ˜€

13. wingedprisms

June 4, 2014 at 9:29 am

Very nice post, Levi. And I also get oldies popping up in my head – often.

June 4, 2014 at 9:48 am

Thank you. At least I’m not the only person that does this. Lol. Thank you!!!

14. insideheathershead

June 4, 2014 at 11:15 am

Wow, Levi. This post struck me right where God needed. I love the Bible-as-love-note idea. Truly and magnificently brilliant, my friend. Each word, chapter and verse is a testament to our Father’s unyielding, undying love for us. We sleep soundly under the banner of His love. If only we could all wake, as you do, to a literal banner of love so that we could remember that Love is why we are here.

Thanks so much, Levi. Blessings to you!

Liked by 2 people

June 4, 2014 at 11:25 am

Heather, you make my day with your comments and encouragement. I only wish my writing gift was half as good as yours. Thank you!!!πŸ˜€

15. Skye

June 4, 2014 at 11:27 am

What a wonderful post, Dear Levi. I have His love notes posted on my mirrors and over my sink and laundry room so I can be reminded of His love throughout the day. I do not think I have ever thrown out one of my four children’s notes to me over the past fifteen years. They mean the world to me. Thank you so much, Dear Friend–I love how sentimental you are. πŸ™‚ Have a wonderful day.

June 4, 2014 at 11:35 am

I have a whole desk drawer of them and cards. Would rather have a heart-felt card than a gift any day. “We” are spoiled Skye. I guess I’m just an old softie. Lol. I always appreciate your encouragement and kind words. Have a great day!!!πŸ˜€

16. johnmarkmiller

June 4, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Those hand-drawn pictures are precious, and what a great way to look at the Bible! I loved this post!

June 4, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Thank you John. I will always keep the “love notes”. Have a great afternoon!!

17. chaplynne

June 4, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Reblogged this on ChapLynne's Chat and commented:
    Today’s Revised Common Lectionary speaks of Jesus’ love, of God’s love for us. This is so apropos for Wednesday, Easter Week Seven — Jun 4th.
    Thanks for sharing.

June 5, 2014 at 3:57 am

Adorable

June 5, 2014 at 4:36 am

Missed this gem!! So thank you to you – and to ChapLynne – for allowing me to set another diamond on my soul!

20. Denine Taylor

June 5, 2014 at 3:21 pm

love this! and yes on the song thing. I am convinced there is a song for everything.

June 5, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Thanks Denine. I think there is a song for just about everything. I come up with a few a day most days. Lord bless you both!!!