The Seasons Of Life !!!!!!

08 Jun

evening pond 003

As I go about my days I have a lot of time to meditate, ponder, and think. Whether it’s working around the farm or in my study there is very little distraction unless grand- children are around. If they are around here it is a whole different ball-game. They demand attention and I am glad to give it.

This morning, I was contemplating about the seasons of life that we all go through, and how different they are. If you would have asked me 10 years ago if I would EVER retire from what I was doing I would have given you a very emphatic “NO”. The Lord has blessed me in that there are few times in my life that I haven’t enjoyed very much what I was doing. When your occupation doesn’t seem like work you are blessed.

The “stage of life” that I am currently in is the most enjoyable and productive, I feel, of my life. It’s amazing the changes that the Lord makes in our hearts, and  the desires He gives us at particular times; saying that, I have never been busier in my entire life. But it is almost all doing the things that I also enjoy. This blog, and my readers and followers and people that I follow are very much a part of that enjoyment.

Can I say that I’m retired? Yes, I am retired from actively making money. Have I retired from life? Not a chance!! The only thing that has changed is what I am doing full-time. Do I look forward to the future with great anticipation? No doubt!!

I wake up very early every morning with great expectation of where The Lord will lead me this day; of what unexpected events may occur, what people I may share with, and hopefully be able to bless somebody in some way. I am very grateful to God for the opportunities to serve Him daily to share His love and encouragement. Paul spoke to the Phillipians some of my favorite words:

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure” (Phillipians 2:13).

May we be sensitive to Him, and follow where He leads us next. When you are following His path you will never get lost.

This is the last post I will personally write for a week. Lord willing, I will return on Monday, the 16th. We are taking a trip for a little relaxation. I will still have my daily post of Spurgeon’s Faith’s Checkbook, as well as an Oswald Chamber’s post every day. I hope that you will enjoy some of them. If you comment I may be slow in getting back to you.

Until the 16th, Lord willing,

Posted by on June 8, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , ,

59 responses to “The Seasons Of Life !!!!!!

1. tellthetruth1

June 8, 2014 at 5:18 am

You’ll be missed, Levi. Rest well, and God be with you and yours.

2. Andy Oldham

June 8, 2014 at 5:33 am

Enjoy your time off Levi. We’ll be here when you return. Blessings!

June 8, 2014 at 6:56 am

Thank you very much Andy. Lord bless you and your family as well!!!

3. kcg1974

June 8, 2014 at 6:07 am

A beautiful post, Levi. Enjoy your peaceful time. you deserve it. Wishing you a wonderful, blessed week.

June 8, 2014 at 6:57 am

Thank you very much Kim. Hope all is well your way. Lord bless you all!!!

4. lookingthroughanotherseyes

June 8, 2014 at 6:35 am

Wishing you a safe, enjoyable and blessed time. God Bless. Su x

June 8, 2014 at 6:58 am

Thank you very much Su. This is very kind. Lord bless you!!!

5. Lionel Sneed

June 8, 2014 at 7:17 am

Awesome reflections of God working in your life. Have a safe and wonderful trip.

June 8, 2014 at 7:20 am

Thanks Lionel. May The Lord bless you and your family!!

6. geoffhorswood

June 8, 2014 at 7:23 am

Enjoy your rest, Levi

June 8, 2014 at 7:23 am

Thank you Geoff and I hope you are doing the same with your guest!!!

June 8, 2014 at 8:18 am

You will be missed Levi! Have a wonderfully fun and restful trip! Praying for safety for you as you travel.

8. Sharon

June 8, 2014 at 8:24 am

Thank you for the reminder of God’s providence in our everyday life. He truly is worth living for and some seasons of life take us into unchartered waters but grateful for believers who encourage and remind that He is the anchor, compass, and telescope to our future. That is something to look forward to even in the midst of the storm because He knows where the land is. God bless your time of relaxation and restoration. — Sharon

June 8, 2014 at 8:27 am

Thanks so much for the kind and true words. He is our anchor, compass, and telescope and it’s such a blessing He gives us to be on the exciting journey! Lord bless you!!!

9. wingedprisms

June 8, 2014 at 8:38 am

Have a great relaxing time Levi! 😀

June 8, 2014 at 8:40 am

Thank you very much. I hope all is well with you all!! 🙂

10. PASTOR DAVIS/MASTER TEACHER

June 8, 2014 at 8:42 am

Just continue to enjoy all the blessings that the Lord sets before you daily, especially those with the grand children. It is what makes the moments living on a farm so much more enjoyable. Be blessed my friend and live in the Lord’s peace.

June 8, 2014 at 8:44 am

Thank you for the encouraging words. He is the source of all our blessings. Continue to proclaim His Word!!!’

11. JennG

June 8, 2014 at 8:43 am

Enjoy your time away and have a very blessed trip…praying for fun and relaxing and safe travels!

June 8, 2014 at 10:45 am

Good morning Levi: First of all have a safe and enjoyable trip. This post brought to mind a question my pastor asked this morning in church. “What has to change for my life to be good?” I think you answered that in that Christ in you is making your life good. Mine, too. It isn’t circumstances, job, finances, etc. It’s Christ in us and the hope that He gives. Okay, that’s my mini sermon for today. lol Blessings to you and your family. Have fun.

June 8, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Good afternoon, Preachette!! 😀 Thank you for your kindness. You’re right, it isn’t circumstances, money, and stuff, but Christ in you, the hope of glory. In some of the stages of my life I’ve had to learn some of these lessons. It’s all a part of the sanctification process. The Lord is patient and kind. Stay safe Sue. Talk to you later!!

13. msauthorette

June 8, 2014 at 11:25 am

Enjoy your trip. 🙂

I’ve sort of been thinking about the stage of life I’m in, like where I am; I feel like I’m in a weird spot, I’m not older, I’m relatively young, but I feel older than most people my age because of the things I’ve been through. I process alot by journaling, and the past week I’ve written so much. After some painful experiences, I ran away from God, when I was 21, and didn’t come back until a couple years later; then, I was wishy washy, until I divorced my abusive husband and rededicated my life to Him in October 2012. It’s been a long road to healing and restoration, but I’m so glad I heard the Holy Spirit calling me, because I don’t know where me or my kids would be without the Lord. I’ve lived more than many my age. I’ve lived on a farm, I’ve lived in different states, I’ve had a great job, I’ve been homeless. Not sure what my stage is right now; my roles are mother and daughter and sister. I’m interested to see where the Lord will lead me this year. Thank you for a thought provoking post!

• Sue C.

June 8, 2014 at 11:57 am

Hi msauthorette: Hang onto the Lord and He will guide your steps. He is our strength and our hope. As I look back on my life I can see that each step, right or wrong, has lead me to where I am now because He never gave up on me and His love never fails. He knows your heart. Blessings to you.

June 8, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Kristina, I’m glad to know that you are back on His path, and not your own. The walk can be very unpleasant when on the wrong trail. I appreciate you and your sharing,

• msauthorette

June 8, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Walking apart from Him was extremely unpleasant and heartbreaking. I don’t mind sharing at all; none of us are perfect, and it helps to know others have been through trials. I remind my mom, when she starts bringing up my past life that “train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it”, because she and my dad raised us right; but we all have free will, which sometimes causes us to go our own way, but, by God’s grace, I found my way back home.

June 8, 2014 at 4:07 pm

You said it “none of us are perfect”. If we were, we wouldn’t need a Savior. It is only by His grace that we are what we are. As long as we are alive we dwell in our sinful flesh. I really enjoy talking to you about this Kristina.

14. Anonymous

June 8, 2014 at 1:18 pm

I really appreciate this post Levi as I’m three years away from retirement and then on to the next phase of my life,which I am unsure of except to say I will be doing something to advance the Lord’s work. You are an inspiration my friend.
    Enjoy the break and I will be here waiting on your next post.
    Ron

June 8, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I’m so glad that you are wanting to advance the Lord’s Kingdom. In my case, there was no planning. In fact, most of my life has had no planning but following ; He has led the way, changing my heart and opening doors. Lord bless you! Do I happen to know you?

15. Truth2Freedom

June 8, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Enjoy your break Levi! May The Lord bless, renew and refresh you!

June 8, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Thank you very much!! Heading to San Diego for a few days.

16. Denine Taylor

June 8, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Have a blessed trip. I would also like to add I personally think your doing a great job sharing God’s love and encouragement. I sure appreciate it!!!

17. Garden Walk Garden Talk

June 8, 2014 at 7:28 pm

What a great outlook and way to approach retirement. I commend you on not retiring from life and making the most of your new found retirement. I wish to have that positive attitude when life gives me the break too.

June 8, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I wish you the same positive attitude when your time comes. I really don’t mind change at all, in fact, I welcome it. It’s been a real ride with many great experiences. Lord bless you!! Thanks for the great comment.

18. vwoods1212

June 8, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Please enjoy your time off; you deserve it. Come back rejuvenated. God bless. vw

19. Stacy Tolbert

June 8, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Great post Levi,

I am in the process of learning willingness to change with the seasons. It’s been hard for me to leave that which is comfortable to step into the unknown, but the more I step out in faith, the more God reveals Himself to me, making me more willing to accept the changing of the seasons within my life. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us and you enjoy your vacation my brother.

June 8, 2014 at 9:30 pm

I’m thankful that you are sensitive to His leading. If you are on the “right road” you won’t get lost. You can always trust Him.

20. Eric Alagan

June 9, 2014 at 12:34 am

Most people have a very narrow definition of retirement – but one does not really retire – one does different things, have different focus – but never retires, I reckon.

June 9, 2014 at 5:53 am

I agree, that most don’t just sit on the porch rocking chair and rock; but there are more that have their focus entirely away from anything that looks like work except the honey do’s. Most of my generation it looks like will have to work some just to make ends meet until they die.

21. atimetoshare

June 9, 2014 at 6:36 am

We will definitely miss your daily posts, Levi, but enjoy time of rest and relaxation.

22. Skye

June 9, 2014 at 7:42 am

Oh how you will be missed!!! But, I do carry you around in thoughts throughout the day. Whether something you have written or walking around my property wondering, “What would Levi do?” you will not be far from thought. I pray you and your precious wife have a wonderful time of relaxation and rest. I know I speak for everyone when I say–be safe!! I will be praying for you daily. Hugs sent your way, Dear Levi.

23. Michael

June 9, 2014 at 9:16 am

Enjoy your vacation, Levi.

June 9, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Have a good rest brother!

June 9, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Lord willing. I’ll be somewhere closer to you. We are going to San Diego

• SLIMJIM

June 9, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Wow hope you have a good time there! Its where I went for my honeymoon and where I spent a lot of time when I was in the Marines

June 9, 2014 at 3:20 pm

We like to visit there. Our son Levi was in the Marines there too and Hawaii when not in Iraq

25. tonyroberts64

June 9, 2014 at 7:09 pm

A very peaceful reflection. Your gratitude to God shines through.

June 9, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Thanks Tony for the kind words. I’m thankful that they “shine through”. I only wish I could write like you. You are a very good writer!!! Lord bless you!!!

26. sony vegas pro 13 serial number and activation code

June 10, 2014 at 9:06 am

Appreciating the persistence you put into your website and detailed information you provide.
    It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed information.
    Wonderful read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds
    to my Google account.

27. Cynthia Reyes

June 19, 2014 at 6:52 am

Such a beautiful post, Levi. You continue to inspire me with your faith.
    Also, thanks for your use of the term “Lord willing”. It reminds me of my mother saying “DV”. Only later did I realize she was using the Latin words “Deo Volente” – Lord willing. I now use it occasionally, and always with a smile of hope and remembrance. thanks, Levi, for your posts.

June 19, 2014 at 8:48 am

Thank you for the kind words, Cynthia. I would use DV but wasn’t sure if many would know what I meant. That use to be used a lot. Have a wonderful day!!!