Wisdom For The Asking !!!!!!

08 Jun

James_1-5

If any of you lack wisdom. There is no “if” in the matter, for I am sure I lack it. What do I know? How can I guide my own way? How can I direct others? Lord, I am a mass of folly, and wisdom I have none.

Thou sayest, “Let him ask of God.” Lord, I now ask. Here at Thy footstool I ask to be furnished with heavenly wisdom for this day’s perplexities, ay, and for this day’s simplicities; for I know I may do very stupid things, even in plain matters, unless Thou dost keep me out of mischief.

I thank Thee that all I have to do is to ask. What grace is this on Thy part, that I have only to pray in faith and Thou wilt give me wisdom’. Thou dost here promise me a liberal education, and that, too, without an angry tutor or a scolding usher. This, too, Thou wilt bestow without a fee—bestow it on a fool who lacks wisdom. O Lord, I thank Thee for that positive and expressive word “It shall be given him.” I believe it. Thou wilt this day make Thy babe to know the hidden wisdom which the carnally prudent never learn. Thou wilt guide me with Thy counsel and afterwards receive me to glory.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , ,

7 responses to “Wisdom For The Asking !!!!!!

June 8, 2014 at 10:47 am

Amen.

2. Art Mowle

June 8, 2014 at 11:54 am

Amen. I’ve saved this prayer Levi. I just love it 🙂 Thank you for posting 🙂

June 8, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Art, I’m glad you liked it, in fact, loved it :). Hope your feeling better. Lord bless!!!

3. Debbie

June 8, 2014 at 8:59 pm

I am smiling so much at those opening lines . . .there is indeed no doubt that I need wisdom either! Thank Levi and God bless!

June 8, 2014 at 9:35 pm

We all do Debbie. He knew. 😀. Blessings to you my Christian poet!!!

June 9, 2014 at 1:46 am

I pray that I have more and more wisdom sooner rather than later as a young Pastor