“It Is Finished” !!!!!!

09 Jun

I have finished the work which You have given Me to do —John 17:4

The death of Jesus Christ is the fulfillment in history of the very mind and intent of God. There is no place for seeing Jesus Christ as a martyr. His death was not something that happened to Him— something that might have been prevented. His death was the very reason He came.

Never build your case for forgiveness on the idea that God is our Father and He will forgive us because He loves us. That contradicts the revealed truth of God in Jesus Christ. It makes the Cross unnecessary, and the redemption “much ado about nothing.” God forgives sin only because of the death of Christ. God could forgive people in no other way than by the death of His Son, and Jesus is exalted as Savior because of His death. “We see Jesus . . . for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor . . .” (Hebrews 2:9). The greatest note of triumph ever sounded in the ears of a startled universe was that sounded on the Cross of Christ— “It is finished!” (John 19:30). That is the final word in the redemption of humankind.

Anything that lessens or completely obliterates the holiness of God, through a false view of His love, contradicts the truth of God as revealed by Jesus Christ. Never allow yourself to believe that Jesus Christ stands with us, and against God, out of pity and compassion, or that He became a curse for us out of sympathy for us. Jesus Christ became a curse for us by divine decree. Our part in realizing the tremendous meaning of His curse is the conviction of sin. Conviction is given to us as a gift of shame and repentance; it is the great mercy of God. Jesus Christ hates the sin in people, and Calvary is the measure of His hatred.

Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

10 responses to ““It Is Finished” !!!!!!

1. mwitasblog

June 9, 2014 at 4:51 am

Amen. What a wonderful revelation!!

June 9, 2014 at 5:57 am

Isn’t it though? It’s the Gospel. Great day today my girl!!!😀

2. Denine Taylor

June 9, 2014 at 11:57 am

Amen!!! I once dreamed I was entered a church sanctuary in the presences of God. I heard the voice of God. He said “What gives you the right to be here?” Boldly I said “because I have been washed by the blood.” I remember that often when prayer and making my request unto God. It’s not because of my cute, sweet disposition that He hears me. It is because of He made away when there was not way. Its because I pray in the name that is above all names that of His Son Christ Jesus!

June 9, 2014 at 1:12 pm

That’s why we have the reason to be there. Only by His never-ending grace.

• Denine Taylor

June 9, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Amen!!!

3. "light and salt"

June 10, 2014 at 1:21 pm

How did I miss several of your wonderful posts, Levi? So sorry for that! Looks liked you are back from vacation? Hope all is good with you…refreshed and all…

Steve Pejay

June 10, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I’m still vacating, lol. I have a couple of posts a day that I didn’t write. Be careful man!!!

• "light and salt"

June 11, 2014 at 11:16 am

Oh, great…well you continue to have a nice visit to S.D. My wife and I go there from time to time, but there’s NO time for it these days!

Enjoy it for us too! Take care, Levi…
        Steve