Winds of Change in China

10 Jun

A few of the blogs that I follow have recently had posts on the condition of the American Christian Church. I believe we are in a state of “I am rich and have need of nothing”, generally speaking., like the church of Laodicea in Rev. 3:14-22. When the church has been under great persecution it has thrived in history, like in the book of Acts. You’ve probably all heard that “the blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church'” as stated by Tertullian in the 2nd century. I think this post illustrates this by the change in the Chinese church and what is happening there now. I found it very interesting .

Isaiah 41 v 10

The following article is reproduced with permission from the Asia Harvest website. Please visit their site for more information and to donate to the China Bible fund.

Winds of Change in China

Christians around the world continue to be fascinated by the Church in China—the world’s most populated country. The nation is going through rapid transformation economically, socially, culturally and spiritually. We examine how these changes are affecting the kingdom of God in China, and specifically how it may affect some of the projects we implement there.

Often as people grow older they long for things to stay still, so they can get their bearings, put down roots, and enjoy a consistency in their lives. Things never seem to work out that way, however. The world is in a constant state of transformation, and our time can easily be spent trying to catch up with the changes going…

View original post 1,524 more words

Posted by on June 10, 2014 in Uncategorized

12 responses to “Winds of Change in China

June 10, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Thank you for sharing this news about the church in China…so much is going over there it seems

June 10, 2014 at 6:32 pm

It is. I’ve noticed several mission organizations saying it’s a closed country but I’ve known missionaries over there for years. I hate to day it, but you must really check out the missionaries you support. I know first hand from having been one.

• SLIMJIM

June 10, 2014 at 7:57 pm

I agree, our church policy is we try to really get to know our missionaries in the field and even calling them if possible on a regular basis with those we support quite a lot in their work.

2. Anna

June 10, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Thanks for sharing Levi. I agree with you. We must check out the missionaries we support. Having been used by one in the past, I am extremely cautious with supporting causes. However, we cannot become jaded to the point we no longer support missionary work. There is a need and honest people do exist.

Again, thanks for post. 🙂

June 10, 2014 at 7:24 pm

You’re welcome. I’m not trying to steer people away from missions at all but for them to check out before they support. The Lord directed me to one I found on WP here that is a wonderful couple in Italy just last week. I’m always looking.

• Anna

June 10, 2014 at 7:38 pm

I read your post as a much-needed guide for those who love to donate. Since I’m not working as you know, we’ve backed off somewhat, but I will definitely look into their mission work. My husband and I believe in helping others. Please share others when you find them.

Many times on my husband’s part, it’s loading groceries for elderly couples at grocery stores struggling to get their food home. Something many overlook. Yet for him, he is the first to notice. Doesn’t cost a thing to help people if we open our eyes and pay attention to the world we live in. 🙂

June 10, 2014 at 7:43 pm

And that is ministry as well. It’s not all about money but some is required. If The Lord is in it the right money will come.

3. msauthorette

June 10, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing this. Many years ago, my church did some mission work in China; they actually smuggled bibles in! It’s a blessing to see that the church is growing in China. No one can stop God, no country can keep their people from hungering, from believing in Him.

June 10, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Can’t say in any better than you just did. I’m glad you’re interested in foreign missions Kristina. Good girl! Lol😀

• msauthorette

June 10, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Thank you. 😉 My dream is to do some missions with native Australian aborigines, or like Maoris. When i hear their native language spoken, it just makes me cry!

June 10, 2014 at 7:49 pm

That’s something. That would be great!!! Maybe The Lord will open the door for it. Never count it out!!!