Divine Cultivation !!!!!!

13 Jun
Divine Cultivation !!!!!!

I the Lord do keep it; I will water it every moment: Lest any hurt it, I will keep it night and day. (Isaiah 27:3)

When the Lord Himself speaks in His own proper person rather than through a prophet, the word has a peculiar weight to believing minds. It is Jehovah Himself who is the keeper of His own vineyard; He does not trust it to any other, but He makes it His own personal care. Are they not well kept whom God Himself keeps?

We are to receive gracious watering, not only every day and every hour “but every moment.” How we ought to grow! How fresh and fruitful every plant should be! What rich clusters the vines should bear!

But disturbers come; little foxes and the boar. Therefore, the Lord Himself is our Guardian, and that at all hours, both “night and day.” What, then, can harm us? Why are we afraid! He tends, He waters, He guards; what more do we need?

Twice in this verse the Lord says, “I will.” What truth, what power, what love, what immutability we find in the great “I will” of Jehovah! Who can resist His will? If He says “I will,” what room is there for doubt? With an “I will” of God we can face all the hosts of sin, death, and hell. O Lord, since Thou sayest, “I will keep thee,” I reply, “I will praise Thee!”

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

23 responses to “Divine Cultivation !!!!!!

1. Skye

June 13, 2014 at 6:08 am

“If He says β€œI will,” what room is there for doubt?”……How marvelous!! This one got my heart racing….I say in response, “I will because You promise You will, Lord! I will praise, follow, and love You all of my days!” Thank you, Dear Levi. Happy Friday to you! Thank you for starting mine off wonderfully. πŸ™‚ There is a reason I start with your blog each morning. It truly is a blessing.

June 13, 2014 at 8:22 am

Your are too Kind Dear Girl. Like you just stated if He says “I Will” we shouldn’t doubt. Many times we still do and He still does. Happy Friday to you. We are still having a good time in San Diego. Going home tomorrow and straight to a grandsons wedding. It’s been a long but good week. You’re a blessing to me as well. Have a Wonderful day!!!πŸ˜€

• Skye

June 13, 2014 at 8:33 am

I will be praying, Dear Levi, for your safe travels and that the wedding day is filled with special blessings. How wonderful!!! πŸ™‚

2. Garden Walk Garden Talk

June 13, 2014 at 8:12 am

Your posts really make me think. I guess that is one plus to scripture, we get to think and interpret. I myself and not afraid of the little fox or boar, but give them their space to be as free and happy as me sharing the same place on this Earth.

June 13, 2014 at 8:17 am

We are nature people ourselves. We live in the country and have many experiences ourselves with animals and beautiful gardens. I aapreciate your comments!!!

• Garden Walk Garden Talk

June 13, 2014 at 8:22 am

I would love to be in the country again. I would be less likely to “design” my garden though. It would be more like just adding plants to what is already in nature.

3. Equipping The Saints

June 13, 2014 at 8:57 am

I love the “I will” of God’s Holy Word. Consider Ezekiel 36:24-28. Blessings to you.

4. theywhoseek

June 13, 2014 at 9:10 am

God is so faithful sending us the refreshing waters of grace, love and mercy to keep our hearts and minds guarded 24/7. When He says He will do it . . . I do believe . . . after all . . . who am I to question God? ~ Blessings ~

5. msauthorette

June 13, 2014 at 9:51 am

How wonderful! That’s right, if the creator of the universe, the Most High, cares enough to know the numbers of the hairs on our head, why would we doubt that He would take care of us? It really is silly, when you think of who He is, for us to be afraid or doubt that He will watch over us. What a beautiful reminder of our Father!

P.S. Hope you’re having a good vacation Levi.

June 13, 2014 at 11:41 am

It is wonderful Krisina. Yes, we are having a marvelous time outside San Diego. We are at the LaCosta Spa and Resort. very nice!!!

6. Little Kristy

June 13, 2014 at 10:26 am

Great inspiration!

June 13, 2014 at 1:47 pm

I’m so glad it was inspiring to you Kristy. Lord bless you!!!

7. "light and salt"

June 13, 2014 at 3:29 pm

A great “sermon” Levi! None will be unrewarded by the Lord…either good or bad! When the Lord say “I will,” it is a done deal!

Thanks for sharing…
    Steve

June 13, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Thanks Steve. Have a blessed weekend!!!

• "light and salt"

June 13, 2014 at 6:29 pm

And you as well, my friend!

Steve

June 13, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Thank you for this devotional and I hope you have a good weekend down in beautiful SD

9. Stacy Tolbert

June 14, 2014 at 12:20 am

Great post Levi, another verse of scripture came to my spirit when I read this which is Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Bless you my brother, and happy Father’s Day to you!!!

June 14, 2014 at 1:51 am

Thanks so much Stacy. Lord bless you too. Where do you live if you don’t mind me asking?