A Word About Our Trip Last Week

16 Jun

Hello everyone!!! After a week off I’m refreshed in mind, but my body is a wee bit weary. The 2 hours time difference mess this ole guy up; plus I’m not use to staying up into the early morning hours every night. Saturday was a world-wind day. We woke up at 4am because our flight was an early one. Our oldest grandson was to be married that evening at 6:30 about an hour from our home. I was threatened with my life from the bride to be there or else. We wouldn’t have missed it for the world but the timing was close. We arrived in Tulsa with 3 hours to spare. The wedding was a very large outdoor event in a beautiful setting at the brides family home in the country. I will write and post some photos of it maybe tomorrow.

Sometimes as soon as you leave home things that rarely ever happen do. My great friend Raymond was watching out for our place and the animals. On the first day gone, something, probably a dog, killed 5 of our young pullets; as he was leaving after dealing with that and was driving down the road he noticed some cattle were out. He and his wife, Leah, were able to get them back into the pasture and he repaired the fence; up til then, none had been out in 2 years, or longer. Murphy’s law they call it. Thank you Raymond and Leah for your watchful eye and careful assistance. We shall repay you!!!

I was able to keep up with the blogs I follow, and answered comments, but I was slower than usual. I also had a small stroke when Katie disappeared, but soon recovered when I just knew I had spotted her on another blog. Sure enough, it was her with a new name and avatar. She couldn’t hide from me. Nice trying, “Mamasongs”.

We enjoyed our stay very much at the La Costa Resort and Spa just outside San Diego. It is very lovely in every way. The weather was “perfect”, the rooms and grounds were “perfect”. It really is a very lovely place to stay for a few days, and girls can be pampered to whatever they like with the spa. Actually, guys can too, but I don’t really do that type of thing. I was out enjoying myself taking many pics and talking to people while Linda went to the spa. I have a few photos to share to get an idea of where we were.

San Diego 6-2014 093

San Diego 6-2014 090

night palms

The highlight of the trip really was not the location or excellent weather or food, as nice as it was, but the wonderful people we met. On our shuttle directly from the airport to La Costa after landing we met the nicest young couple from Austin, Texas. We had dinner with them that evening in La Jolla at a Mexican place and really made a great new friendship. It was a fun time and Hanna and Chuck’s company was very pleasurable; such a sweet and lovely couple they are.

The next day we went to the San Diego Zoo Safari and met another great young couple and had lunch with them. That evening we invited Esmeralde and Javier to have dinner with us and Hanna and Chuck where we all had a most wonderful evening until the early morning hours.

San Diego 6-2014 012

San Diego 6-2014 020

Talk of The Lord came up and we were able to have some great conversation about spiritual things. Javier shared with me some of his life as a Spiritist and of his devil worship. The Lord saved him by His marvelous grace just a few short years ago. He and I really hit it off from the start. I just love the guy. It was all very amicable and fun and I’m certain we have made some new life long friends in these 2 couples. Actually, we all had dinner again on Friday night, our last.

We were privileged to visit and have dinner at the Officer’s Club ballroom at Miramar where Top Gun was filmed. The Marines showed us the fighter planes used in air warfare today and answered any questions we had. It was a very interesting and fun experience. It is under really tight security so I couldn’t get many pics there but they did allow us to walk up and look into the cockpit but NO photos allowed.

miramar

miramar2

It’s refreshing to watch God work among us, people relating to people in a very real and personal  way. This is God’s way of sharing His love and grace in other people’s lives. You never know what God can and will do when you share your lives with one another.

“The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” (John 3:8 )

May we be people full of His love and grace and sensitive to His Spirit.

Until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on June 16, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

66 responses to “A Word About Our Trip Last Week

June 16, 2014 at 4:25 am

You know Kenneth Justice, Culture Monk, blog? This one reminded me of him! 🙂

Lovely update – thank you Levi

June 16, 2014 at 5:43 am

Hey Paul, Kenneth went to Tuesdays only now I think? Thank you my man and have a great day!

• paulfg

June 16, 2014 at 6:03 am

He did. Both of you seem to be very sociable! 🙂

2. mimijk

June 16, 2014 at 4:39 am

I follow your blog every day, but don’t leave comments, for I am of a different religion (Jewish) and woefully too under-informed to provide an intelligent thought to your lovely posts. That said, the joy and delight in your words and pictures made me smile as I was reading. Wondrous moments, people, sites and sounds – I delight for you.

June 16, 2014 at 5:41 am

I am so happy that you have commented. It is a great encouragement for me. Just so you know, there are no requirements for comments at all. I am certain you have something to add to stimulate whether you think so or not. Thanks so much and may this be the first of many comments from you. 😊🌺

3. InfiniteZip

June 16, 2014 at 4:47 am

Sounds like a great trip, meeting new friends is the best, people pop into your life for reasons:) welcome home Levi 😉

June 16, 2014 at 5:33 am

It’s always great to leave and return Zippy. Thank you “Girl” 😊🌹🌺🌻

June 16, 2014 at 7:33 am

Sounds like you had a great trip!!! I welcom hhome!!

5. mamasongs

June 16, 2014 at 7:59 am

Sounds like a great and much needed vacation for you and your wife. How lovely!

Katie (mamasongs). 🌻🌻🌻

6. Skye

June 16, 2014 at 8:12 am

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your pullets. 😦 But, I am so glad the cattle were safe and rounded back up. Also glad that you had a nice trip, and are back safe and sound. I loved this post and the pictures, Dear Levi. Thank you!!! Sitting peacefully on that mower this week will probably find you lost with all the memories of the time away and the wedding….probably the most relaxed you will have been in awhile. 🙂 I am glad you are back, Dear Friend.

June 16, 2014 at 9:46 am

Thank you Skye so much. If it doesn’t dry out quick I’m going to have to bale my yard. Lol. It rained 3 inches yesterday morning. I’m not complaining but it will be a challenge. Back to real life. May The Lord give you a splendid week, “young Lady”. 🙂

7. atimetoshare

June 16, 2014 at 8:15 am

Glad to have you back. Sounds like a whirlwind trip with many opportunities to witness. Isn’t it great how God provides those moments for us all the time. Thanks for your words and pictures.

June 16, 2014 at 9:41 am

It’s great to be back. I missed everybody but did have a great time. The Lord blessed the trip. Have a great day “Girl”. Lol

8. wingedprisms

June 16, 2014 at 8:35 am

What a lovely time. San Diego area is so beautiful. And to find new friends……priceless.

June 16, 2014 at 9:39 am

It was good Cate. Nice get away. Hope you have a lovely week. 😃

9. james1948

June 16, 2014 at 8:47 am

I do appreciate the statement, “the LORD came up.” You appear to be able to move a conversation to a subject that you want to discuss. This is a wonderful witness and shows a desire to talk about our Savior. Thank you

June 16, 2014 at 9:38 am

There is rarely a time when I don’t lead the conversation to The Lord in a very natural way. Have a great week Brother. Thanks!!!

10. insideheathershead

June 16, 2014 at 9:23 am

What a beautiful message of how God is with us always. A reminder that He is in us and not just in our offices or studies or churches. He is with us on a plane and in a smile to a stranger. He is with us at dinner and in the blessing of new friendships. We don’t leave Him at home or forget to invite Him. He is there, always, in the words we speak and the people we embrace. Bless you, Levi, for carrying Him with you wherever you go. People see Him in you and just know that you are blessed.
    P.S.
    Sorry you had to return to the dreadful humidity of Oklahoma. Ugh. I’m ready for winter!

June 16, 2014 at 9:33 am

Thank you dear Heather. Yes, the humidity and wind were a stark reminder that I was home. I’ll take winter again myself after I cut my hay. Lol. Have a great day!!!

11. johnmarkmiller

June 16, 2014 at 9:26 am

Gorgeous pictures – looks like it was a truly great trip!

12. JennG

June 16, 2014 at 11:00 am

Looks and sounds like a lovely time! So glad you were blessed with new friendships… have a great week!

June 16, 2014 at 11:10 am

Thank you Jenn. It was all great. You have a wonderful week as well!!!

13. theenglishrose2014

June 16, 2014 at 11:29 am

Your post personifies being “Instant in season and out of season, always being willing to share Christ”. Awesome example! And this is how they will know us … by our love! “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” 🙂

June 16, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Thank you. Maybe The Lord can still use me a little for His glory! You are very kind. Hope all is well with you these days?

• theenglishrose2014

June 16, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Levi, I do believe God uses you A LOT for His glory! Your humility is proof. Lots going on, but God is good! Ever faithful is the God we serve! 🙂

June 16, 2014 at 7:15 pm

He is certainly Great and what a privilege we have to be sons and daughters of the Living God!!! 😀

14. Shawny Lou

June 16, 2014 at 11:40 am

I loved this post! Thank you for taking us along on your trip for a bit and introducing us to your four new friends! It was great! I love the way God puts new relationships in our lives when we least expect it. Those connections are priceless! Thanks again for sharing this with your readers, Levi!

June 16, 2014 at 3:27 pm

It was good Shawny. I’m glad you got a little glimpse into it. Have a great rest of the day. 😃

15. Sheila

June 16, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Welcome back–we’ve missed you. I’d heard of San Diego’s beauty–now I believe it. Glad you got a nice time away AND made it to your grandson’s wedding. The first one married–I’m not sure I like even thinking about that!

June 16, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Hey, guys. No, he is our second to marry. I married his younger sister on Dec. 21. I’m going to be a great grandpa in Oct. from her. wow. It happens quick. We did have a great time and it is beautiful. Talk to you soon. I’m way behind now. Lol

16. "light and salt"

June 16, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Sounds like quite an adventure, Levi! Seems like you have quite a large family, and all of the age groups are covered, from the “young,” to the “young at heart!” Glad to hear you’re back and safe.

But shame on you…you let the cat out of the bag about California and the “perfect weather”…lol!

Looking forward to reading more of your posts, my friend!

Steve

June 16, 2014 at 3:21 pm

It was fun Steve. I am quite young at heart but the body doesn’t keep up quite as well as it use too. Good to be home. Have a good one friend.

• "light and salt"

June 16, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I tell you the truth, Levi. Not one soul ever told me how “disagreeable” the body and mind become as we age!

But the heart is always still the “cheerleader!” Preach up a storm, Levi!

Steve

June 16, 2014 at 5:00 pm

lol, Steve. Let’s get em!!!

• "light and salt"

June 16, 2014 at 5:35 pm

You lead…I’ll catch up soon!

🙂

Steve

17. Jane Dough

June 16, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Levi – I have nominated you for The Liebster Award! Check out my post here:

Hugs and be well – Jane

June 16, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Thank you Jane for the nomination but I have never participated in them. Thank you for the honor though. I hope all is well as to be expected with you!!!

• Jane Dough

June 16, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Even though, you deserve the award Levi! Hugs and I hope that all is well with you! J

18. theywhoseek

June 16, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Looks, sounds and has all the feelings of a great time. So glad you were back in time for the wedding . . . lest you would not be back here to lead and guide us with your thoughts 🙂

June 16, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Deborah, it was a great time and barely enough time for the wedding. I will write about it tomorrow I think. Blessings!

June 16, 2014 at 2:40 pm

What a wonderful trip you had! It makes me think of the scripture that says those who do not believe in God are fools. It’s obvious the Lord was with you all the way! Our prayers for safe travel and a blessed time have been answered. I’m so glad. Welcome back.

June 16, 2014 at 3:10 pm

You are too kind Sue. Thanks for your prayers. We did have a nice getaway. The Lord was in all of it of course. I’m glad to be home now to rest my body. Lol

20. linda parvin hutchinson

June 16, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Lovely post – welcome home!

21. lookingthroughanotherseyes

June 16, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Lovely to know you are back safe and sound Levi, and that you were blessed to meet new and special friends. So lovely. Hatches, matches and dispatches (births, weddings and funerals) are the only social events I ever get to these days lol.

Wow that is some camera you have there, amazing photo’s of your holiday. Really looking forward to seeing more.

I hope you have the opportunity to get some R&R to recover from your holiday😜

Take good care my lovely ( just a Welsh saying, we call all nice people that)

Su x

June 16, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Su, you are so kind. We are safe and sound and worn out now. Lol. Tomorrow some wedding pics. Sleep well!!! 🙂

22. vwoods1212

June 16, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Lovely vacation. Thanks for sharing. welcome back. vw

June 16, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Thank you my friend. It was go to go and great to be back. Hope all is well with ya!!!

• vwoods1212

June 17, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Glad to see you enjoyed your time away. Thanks for the well greatings. vw

23. Cynthia Reyes

June 16, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Nice post, Levi. Thank you.

June 17, 2014 at 3:00 am

Thanks for sharing about your trip! Nice pictures of the F/A 18 jet! I was more on the ground side of things in the Marines and was over at Camp Pendleton but I managed to go over Miramar a few times…beautiful air station

June 17, 2014 at 5:05 am

We enjoyed it. SJ, my son Levi was also at Pendleton and he was wanting me to pick him up a SERE school tee shirt when in Ca. He completed the school and had a tee shirt but needs another. Do you know where I can get him one? It seemed an impossible thing to find.

• SLIMJIM

June 17, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I’m going to ask around; was there a particular kind of shirt? I know it’s a tough school, I’ll ask some guys if they know if there is a shirt produce by the school and if they can pick one up

June 17, 2014 at 12:36 pm

It is a tee shirt. He completed the school and I’m not sure if they issued it to him or he bought it. He thought one could be purchased on base but I couldn’t get one, I appreciate your effort on this. I would naturally send the money to wherever. Thanks brother!

25. Susan Irene Fox

June 17, 2014 at 11:45 am

Levi, sounds like you both had a lovely time, even though vacations aren’t ever as relaxing as they’re supposed to be. Seems the first week back is always recovery time, isn’t it? Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos. Blessed to have you back.

June 17, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Thanks so much Susan. Playing catch up is right and in 3 weeks I’m leaving for 17 days. I may never get caught up. Lol.

26. sporterhall

June 17, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Oh my Levi! Thank you so much for writing about your trip and sharing some of the spectacular pics. What a beautiful place you were in. Your pics reminded me again of the importance of getting out there and spreading God’s love, experiencing life, and sharing with others. By the way, I love fighter planes, my favorite being the Navy Blue Angels. I try and catch the exciting airshows whenever they come this way. The Thunderbirds are scheduled to come this way in July I believe. They are not my Blue Angels, but they will do! Yet another unknown fact I am happy to share with you about myself; my love for those planes. I so enjoyed hearing about the wonderful new friendships you and your wife made. Sometimes it takes what seems like a lifetime to find that kind of connection with 1 person. You were blessed to do it not only once, but twice on your vacation. How beautiful it is when God smiles so broadly upon us!