A Glimpse of Our Oldest Grandson’s Wedding

17 Jun

I posted yesterday of our getaway to San Diego and our need to be back home for our oldest grandson’s wedding. We were scheduled to have arrived at 2:30 pm which would have given us 4 hours to get home, change, and on to the wedding which was an hour away.

The plane was actually half an hour late; by the time we picked up our luggage, got to the car and loaded it and got home we had about 2 1/2 hours. It worked out to be ample time and we arrived at the wedding with 25 minutes to spare. Whew!!!! We had been given strict orders not to be late because grandparents were a part of the procession.

Our grandson Robert had been going with Faith for about 2 years. The first time she came to our place she fit right in and was very comfortable to be around. I really have grown to love her. Robert and Faith make a great couple and I was very pleased when I heard they were to be married. Solomon tells us:

“He who finds a wife finds a good thing
And obtains favor from the LORD” ( Proverbs 18:22).

I believe Robert has found a good thing in Faith, and vice versa. May The Lord bless them abundantly in establishing a new home that honors Him.

The wedding took place on the grounds of the beautiful home of the bride’s parents. They live in the country just outside of Claremore, Ok. which is famous because it is the town of Will Rogers. The wedding had a Western theme because they are cowboys and cowgirls. Lol. I want to mention that Faith’s grandmother received the license to marry them. It is a great honor to marry your grandchild. I married Robert’s sister on December 21st last year. Here are some photos I took so that you can have a good idea of what took place.

seats

seats3

wedding seats

platform

wed

wed2

after

after2

After the marriage ceremony was completed a great reception was held under the big tent. Since Oklahoma borders Texas to the north I can say this was a Texas sized wedding and reception. There were at least 350 in attendance. A feast of real barbecue was fed to all along with music and a DJ and dancing.

tent

dancing

tent3

The parents hosted a wonderful wedding and were exhausted when it was over. The kids flew off the next morning to an island off of the coast of Florida honey mooning. My prayer for them is that a new generation will be raised for God’s eternal glory!!!

Posted by on June 17, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

63 responses to “A Glimpse of Our Oldest Grandson’s Wedding

1. InfiniteZip

June 17, 2014 at 4:32 am

Looked like a beautiful setting for a day filled with love;) very nice Levi 😉

June 17, 2014 at 4:57 am

Good morning Zippy. The setting was a very nice one. It was a great start for the kids. Have a great day 😉

2. nuvofelt

June 17, 2014 at 4:54 am

Many blessings on the happy couple. It looks a wonderful family day. Thanks so much for sharing your joy with us.

June 17, 2014 at 5:00 am

It was a great day. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Thanks so much!!!

3. Skye

June 17, 2014 at 5:03 am

lol….actually sitting here in tears. (I always cry at weddings). They look adorable and so happy. Her smile is just filled with joy! Thank you, Dear Levi, for sharing these. May they live a lifetime together filled with blessings from the Lord.

June 17, 2014 at 5:10 am

Thanks so much you little “softie”. Lol. This is my prayer as well that they may honor God with their lives and that more generations from me will serve The Lord. Thanks for your always kind words Skye. Have a great day 😀

4. Mark Myers

June 17, 2014 at 5:04 am

Congratulations, Levi. Beautiful couple.

June 17, 2014 at 6:01 am

It’s almost like being invited!! Thank you!! 🙂

June 17, 2014 at 6:08 am

You’re welcome. Wish you could have been there. Fun!!!

6. atimetoshare

June 17, 2014 at 7:45 am

I hope I will still be around when my grandkids get married. I know it isn’t my choice, but one of the desires of my heart. How lovely that you were able to marry them!

June 17, 2014 at 7:59 am

I hope you are around too. We started young so we’re able to enjoy a lot of these events. Have a great day!!!

7. Sheila

June 17, 2014 at 7:47 am

Looks like a beautiful celebration and weddings are always a joyous time, and what a blessing to share in that joy. That’s quite the house–I think our home would in just one of the end sections!

I’d like to ask you about being in a ‘blog hop’. I’m starting to wonder why I agreed to do it, and wondering if I’ll manage to find 3 other people to participate. It’s about “why you write”. If you’d be interested, can I drop you an email? Thanks, Sheila

June 17, 2014 at 7:56 am

Good morning Sheila. It is quite the house. Beautiful place. I’m so pleased they are married. I will take part on your blog hop. Not sure what it is for sure. Have a great rest of your day!!!😀

• Sheila

June 17, 2014 at 8:00 am

Thanks Levi, so good of you to be game and give it a try. I didn’t know anything about this hopping stuff either, and now I’m starting to wonder if I’m not too old for this hopping around. Buy hey, if it helps me meet more great bloggers, why not? I’ll email you now. Thanks again!

8. Sharon

June 17, 2014 at 8:23 am

Beautiful. Congratulations on your new granddaughter. Thanks for sharing.

June 17, 2014 at 10:21 am

Thanks Sharon. I enjoy sharing the personal stuff too sometimes. Have a great day.

9. wingedprisms

June 17, 2014 at 8:35 am

Congratulations! Such fun.

10. theywhoseek

June 17, 2014 at 8:35 am

Wow, that was one beautiful wedding! Praying God will bless this union for many years to come.

11. Linda Arthur Tejera

June 17, 2014 at 8:50 am

Absolutely beautiful. May God bless their union! And congratulations! 🙂

June 17, 2014 at 10:53 am

Thank you so much Linda. May you have a wonderful day my girl!!😀

12. mwitasblog

June 17, 2014 at 9:04 am

So beautiful, Levi. I wish them God’s blessings abundantly!

13. JennG

June 17, 2014 at 9:18 am

What a beautiful day! And a true blessing to witness I’m sure. Congratulations to the happy couple!!

14. johnmarkmiller

June 17, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Looks like a really beautiful wedding, and a happy couple!

15. Rob Barkman

June 17, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Looks like a beautiful wedding Congrats!

June 17, 2014 at 1:20 pm

It was an event for sure. If we could just talk kids into having a small ceremony and take the rest in cash they would be way ahead. Lol. Thanks!!!

June 17, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Wonderful pictures and beautiful young couple! Congratulations on gaining a new granddaughter!

June 17, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Thank you Elaine. She’s a sweetie too. Hope all is good with you!!!

• Elaine

June 17, 2014 at 1:24 pm

You’re welcome. Doing fine here. Moving to a new apartment closer to family, church and friends at the end of July so I will be keeping pretty busy with packing. Trying to decide where to begin!

June 17, 2014 at 1:26 pm

My oh my. Lol. That is work, girl. I’m glad you’re starting early. You need to send out prayer request now. Lol. Be careful.😀

• Elaine

June 17, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Will do both..send out prayer requests and be careful.:-)

June 17, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Thanks for sharing Levi. It was beautiful for sure. I lost my “one true love” so I stand on the scripture that says it’s better to be single. lol You have a beautiful family. God bless them and you.

June 17, 2014 at 1:39 pm

You are welcome and thank you for the kind words. I understand your sentiment on your husband. Hope all is well. Your post yesterday I commented on. Be careful “girl”. Lol

• Sue C.

June 17, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Everything is good other than being to hot and humid for playing in the dirt. My post yesterday was suppose to illicit a few chuckles, not sympathy. lol

June 17, 2014 at 2:19 pm

It got both from my end. I just didn’t want to tell you; but since you brought it up I’ll fess up. Lol

• Sue C.

June 17, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I always ask the Lord to help me write a post and when I was writing that one I ended up laughing til’ tears came. The Lord does have a great sense of humor. My feelings would not have been hurt in the least. In fact I’m surprised so many took it so seriously. 🙂

18. Art Mowle

June 17, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Beautiful. Congratulations to all ❤

19. Kelly Grace

June 17, 2014 at 2:36 pm

May God grant them the warmth of His love perfecting their own. And great grandchildren for you to dandle on your knees 😉

June 17, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Thanks Kelly. Won’t that be something? I can’t imagine but I’m young enough to maybe see great greats. Lol

June 17, 2014 at 5:11 pm

How precious! Interesting pictures to see your side of the country!

June 17, 2014 at 5:12 pm

You can get a good idea from them of the country side. The wedding was a good one and they are both Christian kids. I’m getting old SJ. Lol

21. theenglishrose2014

June 17, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Beautiful! Congratulations to all! 🙂

22. vwoods1212

June 17, 2014 at 7:53 pm

What a beautiful day, event, couple; may God bless them richly until the end. vw

23. Debbie

June 17, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Thank you for sharing this beautiful day and wedding with us! Praying for them to be blessed and encouraged by Him each day. And you too! 🙂

24. Garden Walk Garden Talk

June 18, 2014 at 5:27 pm

They make a gorgeous couple. It was such a beautiful place for a wedding too. I was surprised at the bridesmaids’ attire. The boots really are different. I had horses all my life and barrel raced them in shows, so seeing boots made me smile.

June 18, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Lol. The boots were different for me as well and I wear them most of the time but not for formal events. They were being different I guess. I didn’t know you are a cowgirl. Lol. I think it’s neat. My 9 year old granddaughter next to me is a horse lover. We ride a lot together.

• Garden Walk Garden Talk

June 18, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Yep, through and through. Broke and trained many quarter horses and Appaloosas. I myself had both and an Arabian.

June 18, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Very cool! And you love gardening too. Thats all right up my alley. Lol. It’s fun. Thanks for letting me know this.

25. beenough

June 19, 2014 at 12:50 am

Overflowing joy.

Incredible skies.

Beautiful couple.

Glimpse of the future.

Thank you for sharing.

June 19, 2014 at 4:55 am

You’re welcome and thank you for the great comment. Hope you’re enjoying your summer with the kids!!!

26. sporterhall

June 27, 2014 at 1:48 pm

As I’m scrolling through trying to find the ‘reblog’ button, I realized that I never looked at the wedding photos and post of your oldest grandson’s wedding. The pics are lovely and the bride and groom are a handsome pair! Pls forgive the oversight! 🙂

June 27, 2014 at 2:23 pm

No oversight Sylvia. It’s hard to see every persons posts all the time. Thank you!!