Our Field of Battle !!!!!!

17 Jun
Our Field of Battle !!!!!!

For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you. (Deuteronomy 20:4)

We have no enemies but the enemies of God. Our fights are not against men but against spiritual wickednesses. We war with the devil and the blasphemy and error and despair which he brings into the field of battle. We fight with all the armies of sin—impurity, drunkenness, oppression, infidelity, and ungodliness. With these we contend earnestly, but not with sword or spear; the weapons of our warfare are not carnal.

Jehovah, our God, abhors everything which is evil, and, therefore, He goeth with us to fight for us in this crusade. He will save us, and He will give us grace to war a good warfare and win the victory. We may depend upon it that if we are on God’s side God is on our side. With such an august ally the conflict is never in the least degree doubtful. It is not that truth is mighty and must prevail but that might lies with the Father who is almighty, with Jesus who has all power in heaven and in earth, and with the Holy Spirit who worketh His will among men.

Soldiers of Christ, gird on your armor. Strike home in the name of the God of holiness, and by faith grasp His salvation. Let not this day pass without striking a blow for Jesus and holiness.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

13 responses to “Our Field of Battle !!!!!!

1. Skye

June 17, 2014 at 4:59 am

“if we are on God’s side God is on our side”……..I love these words (that fact). I really want to go into every day equipped for battle fighting for His side. What a wonderful way to start the day, Dear Levi. Thank you for your faithfulness in sharing with us.

Liked by 2 people

2. theywhoseek

June 17, 2014 at 8:39 am

Suited up and ready to go . . . there’s a battle for God and I to fight!

3. Stacy Tolbert

June 17, 2014 at 10:13 am

Great devotional Levi, one of the hardest things to give up in regard to this faith walk is our own control, but when we do relinquish all control and power to God, knowing that He is truly fighting with us and for us, is when we experience that peace which passes all human understanding.

BLESSINGS my brother!!!

LOVE, GRACE, PEACE

June 17, 2014 at 10:47 am

Thanks Stacy and I’m so glad it spoke to you. Our control issues are hard ones to overcome. Ultimately, He is in control but we think we are and mess things up at times.

Great day Brother!!!

4. Shawny Lou

June 17, 2014 at 10:18 am

Wow! Perfect timing. I was just trying to express this to one of my daughters yesterday. She is battling with addiction and self-loathing. In fact, she missed spending Father’s Day with us because she was in the hospital after a second suicide attempt. Yesterday, I told her that nothing in her life will change until she puts CHRIST first and keeps Him there. Rather than simply say, “I believe in Jesus,” put it into practice by conscientiously developing an ongoing, trusted, genuine relationship with Him.
    With that, I explained that it’s time for her to “go into battle”, with Him on her side, and fight against the enemies of darkness that are surrounding her.
    Anyway, my point it, your post was perfectly timed and I’m excited to share it with her!
    Bless you, dear blogging friend!

June 17, 2014 at 10:45 am

Thanks for sharing this Shawny. We have a daughter with maybe similar problems. No suicide but drug issues. Only The Lord can deliver her and it is a huge battle she can’t do alone. Lord bless you!!!

June 17, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Reminds me of a quote I have posted on the front of one of my journals. Got it from my pastor’s wife. “God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supply!”

6. Kelly Grace

June 17, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I once heard a message on Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. The speaker was an older woman about 5′ tall and no more than 100 lbs., but she shared how God had made her a soldier as a young wife and mother on the mission field. We’re all in a battle. Sometimes we hear, Stand still and see the salvation of Your God, but more often we hear the call to arms and see our Great Captain leading us forth.
    I love your Spurgeon posts Levi 😉

June 17, 2014 at 3:24 pm

That’s good Kelly. I’m glad you like the Spurgeon posts. I’ve loved him for a long time. I can just see the little missionary lady speaking on the subject. Thanks for sharing!!!

June 17, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Good devotional; this makes me think of Spurgeon’s book “The Greatest Fight in the World” that I read a few years ago (reviewed here: http://veritasdomain.wordpress.com/2012/04/06/book-review-the-greatest-fight-in-the-world-by-charles-spurgeon/); I think if more Christians understand that this life is a real spiritual warfare we would see a very different church

June 17, 2014 at 4:54 pm

I agree. I’m not sure many could fight the fight, or so it appears.