A Sound Heart !!!!!!

19 Jun
A Sound Heart !!!!!!

Let my heart be sound in thy statutes: that I be not ashamed. (Psalm 119:80)

We may regard this inspired prayer as containing within itself the assurance that those who keep close to the Word of God shall never have cause to be ashamed of doing so.

See, the prayer is for soundness of heart. A sound creed is good, a sound judgment concerning it is better, but a sound heart toward the truth is best of all. We must love the truth, feel the truth, and obey the truth, otherwise we are not truly sound in God’s statutes. Are there many in these evil days who are sound? Oh, that the writer and the reader may be two of this sort!

Many will be ashamed in the last great day, when all disputes will be decided. Then they will see the folly of their inventions and be filled with remorse because of their proud infidelity and willful defiance of the Lord; but he who believed what the Lord taught and did what the Lord commanded will stand forth justified in what he did. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun. Men much slandered and abused shall find their shame turned into glory in that day.

Let us pray the prayer of our text, and we may be sure that its promise will be fulfilled to us. If the Lord makes us sound, He will keep us safe.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

10 responses to “A Sound Heart !!!!!!

1. Skye

June 19, 2014 at 5:35 am

“We must love the truth, feel the truth, and obey the truth, otherwise we are not truly sound in God’s statutes.” Amen….another heart-pumping sentence that I love from Mr. Spurgeon. Again I say, Amen! Thank you, Dear Levi!!

June 19, 2014 at 5:40 am

You’re quite welcome this morning, Skye. Spurgeon wrote good stuff. I hope your day is a pleasant one “young lady”. 🙂

2. msauthorette

June 19, 2014 at 9:36 am

A prayer for soundness of heart, how great is this! Something I haven’t thought of before, at least in these terms. Food for thought, definitely.

June 19, 2014 at 10:06 am

Good girl. I’m happy it provoked some thought. Have a great day my girl. Still remembering you and your situation.

3. Debbie

June 19, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Loved this, Levi! Thanks and God bless !

June 19, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Love this post. Spurgeon wrote some great things. Soundness of heart… Truth. Great things to strive for always.

June 20, 2014 at 6:37 am

Good Elaine, I’m glad that you enjoyed it. Have a great day packing. Lol

June 20, 2014 at 3:24 am

This devotional led me to pray not only for my own faith to be sound but several others whom I know are not doing so well spiritually