Rejoice In The Lord Always !!!!!!

24 Jun

phil 4

A few months ago, I posted about my newly discovered dairy allergy. Since November, I have had no dairy products at all (except for a couple of accidental incidents) and have felt like a young man again. I honestly have not felt bad physically one day with allergy symptoms. Everyone around me has been sick at least once and I had remained untouched.

After our trip to California week before last, and the first night back home in our own bed, I woke up totally congested. I was hoping that it was because I was very tired after the trip of very irregular hours, time zone changes, and the big wedding only a few hours after returning home.

It’s now a week later and there has been no improvement. I spoke with my Dr. a couple of days ago and I’m now back on all of my asthma meds and inhalers. It has been a real blessing to have been off of them for the past 7 months. Hopefully this week the meds will do their thing and I will clear back up – at least to stop coughing and rid some of the congestion.

Am I discouraged? Absolutely not! I praise The Lord for the 7 months that I have felt tremendous. I am thankful for the medications and doctors that God has gifted us to help relieve some of our medical problems. Not feeling well has slowed me down to spend more time with Him and in meditation. It is in times like this when you can say with the psalmist David that “The Lord is sweeter than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb”.

Solomon told us that there is a time for everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1). If we made our own choices we would choose never to be sick or feel poorly. This is not possible in this sin-cursed world in which we live. If everything were perfect on this earth we wouldn’t look forward to Heaven. We wouldn’t cast ourselves upon the broad shoulders of Christ Who alone can carry all burdens great and small.

I concur today in Paul’s words “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice” (Phil. 4:4).

Until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on June 24, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

45 responses to “Rejoice In The Lord Always !!!!!!

1. Mel

June 24, 2014 at 5:26 am

Hi Levi! hope you feel better soon!! Know how you feel- am very sensitive to dairy as well. Praying for wonderful quality time with The Lord 🙂

June 24, 2014 at 5:29 am

Thank you so much Mel. The dairy isn’t bothering me now, it’s all of the different pollens and it keeps my lungs congested. I appreciate your prayers!!!

2. Karyl

June 24, 2014 at 6:38 am

Feel better soon friend.

3. Karen Pickering

June 24, 2014 at 7:15 am

Praying that you feel some relief. Thankful there won’t be allergies in our heavenly home.

June 24, 2014 at 8:55 am

Thank you very much Karen. It will be wonderful to shed all of the allergies, among other things, in Heaven. It will be grand in so many ways. Have a great day!!!

June 24, 2014 at 7:22 am

“Am I discouraged? Absolutely not!” – your are one cool dude!! 🙂

June 24, 2014 at 9:00 am

Maybe in the air-conditioning. Lol
      Thanks for your always available encouragement!!! 😀

5. Ron Whited

June 24, 2014 at 7:58 am

Sorry to hear of this Levi. I can certainly relate to your suffering as my wife has terrible asthma and allergies.What a blessing it was for her to spend a week at sea level and not have one headache or use an inhaler at all. Back one day and she’s already in pain. In all honesty, I don’t know how folks even function dealing with these types of health issues.
    Sounds like you may be down but not out!!
    We will lift you up in prayer that The Lord will take care of this.
    Ron

June 24, 2014 at 9:19 am

I’m sorry to hear of your wife’s allergies. There are millions of us I’m afraid. I’m blessed to have found the dairy allergy last year which gave me some reprieve for 7 months. I’m thankful that I can keep going but just don’t spend anytime outside. That’s hard for a gardener and cattle guy. Thanks Ron and Lord bless you!!!

6. PASTOR DAVIS/MASTER TEACHER

June 24, 2014 at 8:24 am

My Brother, may the Lord’s blessings and peace be upon you, and healing be within you, for the Lord our God is a Doctor who will never fail you. “BELIEVE!” Have a blessed and prospers day in Jesus name.

June 24, 2014 at 9:29 am

Thank you for your very inspiring words. He is able! Have a wonderfully blessed name.

June 24, 2014 at 8:29 am

Sorry you are feeling puny and will be praying for healing. Feel better soon.

June 24, 2014 at 9:31 am

Sue, so kind. Thank you so very much. I appreciate you!!!

8. Sharon

June 24, 2014 at 8:35 am

Encouraging. Thanks.

June 24, 2014 at 9:33 am

You’re welcome my Friend! Have a wonderful day!!!

9. Stacy Tolbert

June 24, 2014 at 10:04 am

Rejoicing in the Lord always is a sure way to usher in that peace which surpasses all human understanding. You continue to rejoice my brother, and I will rejoice with you along with pray for your complete and total healing.

LOVE, GRACE and PEACE to you my brother.

June 24, 2014 at 10:46 am

Thank you Stacy, and I will rejoice right along with you. Thanks for your prayers.

10. Loca Gringa

June 24, 2014 at 11:25 am

If everything was perpetually perfect, we would not know appreciation, we would not know joy, we would not know many other things up to and including love.

11. Sheila

June 24, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Wow! I didn’t know dairy could cause asthmatic problems. I’ll have to tell my daughter, as she has severe asthma. I know she can’t drink milk as it messes up her digestive system. But I wonder if she also went off cheese, if it would make a difference? Be worth trying–most days she’s dragging–due to lack of air.

Glad it helped you, Levi, and praying the allergies pass soon. But no dairy?? I’m not sure I’d make it without my milk and cheese!!!

June 24, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Hello Sheila,

I’m going to email you about this. It’s too long for comments.

• Sheila

June 24, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Thanks, I’d appreciate it. Anne really suffers with bad asthma, which started at about age 8. The Drs have said it’s not allergy related. But it quickly turns into bronchitis or pneumonia, and in her teen years many a time we barely got her to the ER in time to keep her from dying. Any insight would be great! As a mom of 4 she can’t afford to be struggling so!

June 24, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Sorry you are not feeling well! I must say I love the wonderful attitude you have about it though! Praying you will feel better soon, Levi.

13. Cynthia Reyes

June 24, 2014 at 6:45 pm

A great perspective, Levi. I hope the congestion will go soon.

June 24, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Thank you Cynthia. I hate to say it but now I’m looking forward to the first hard frost. Only for me right here on my farm. Not for you. Lol. You’re very kind!!!

• Cynthia Reyes

June 24, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I know the feeling. I’ve had my first episode of allergies this spring – haven’t been bothered by it in at least 15 years, then, after a rough winter, it got me!

June 24, 2014 at 7:17 pm

It can get you. I’m sorry you have them Cynthia. Mine have damaged my lungs over the years so I won’t be outside for the added exposure.

June 24, 2014 at 6:52 pm

What a testimony to be able to say this in light of your allergies and what you are going through. Praise be to God.

June 24, 2014 at 6:54 pm

He has taught me that this is my thorn to bear. I’m thankful He shortened for me this past year and I think going forward. Thanks SJ.

15. Julie Harris

June 24, 2014 at 7:56 pm

What a wonderful testimony to His goodness! Praying you feel better quickly!

June 24, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Thanks so much Julie. You are very kind!!! Lord bless you!

16. vw1212

June 24, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Pray you get well soon. vvw

17. JennG

June 25, 2014 at 8:05 am

Praying you feel better soon…

June 25, 2014 at 8:48 am

Thank you Jenn. It’s very kind of you. Have a great day!!!

18. blessedart1111

June 25, 2014 at 11:23 am

The word is a healer! This is one of my favorite scriptures Levi, thanks for sharing!!

Be A Blessing!

LaTrice

June 25, 2014 at 11:37 am

Thank you LaTrice, I’m trying to be a blessing. Lol. Have a great day!!

19. Susan Irene Fox

June 25, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Oh, I’m so there, Levi. (dairy, allergies, asthma and rejoicing!) Sending prayers up right now.

June 25, 2014 at 3:27 pm

You are too sweet, Susan. Thank you very much! 😀

20. Denine Taylor

June 25, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Hope you feel better soon! Sent a prayer.

21. Skye

June 29, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Dear Levi…this was written a few days ago…I hope you are feeling better. I am looking forward to catching up on your work now that I am back. 🙂

June 29, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Dear Skye, are you finally home? I hope your trip was a nice one. I’m feeling somewhat better but won’t be very good until after the first hard frost. My asthma really kicks in until then. I’m glad you’re back. Don’t overdo it trying to catch up. 😀