It Will Not Be Long !!!!!!

26 Jun
It Will Not Be Long !!!!!!

Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. (James 5:8)

The last word in the Canticle of love is, “Make haste, my beloved,” and among the last words of the Apocalypse we read, “The Spirit and the Bride say, Come”; to which the heavenly Bridegroom answers, “Surely I come quickly.” Love longs for the glorious appearing of the Lord and enjoys this sweet promise-“The coming of the Lord draweth nigh.” This stays our minds as to the future. We look out with hope through this window.

This sacred “window of agate” lets in a flood of light upon the present and puts us into fine condition for immediate work or suffering. Are we tired? Then the nearness of our joy whispers patience. Are we growing weary because we do not see the harvest of our seed-sowing? Again this glorious truth cries to us, “Be patient.” Do our multiplied temptations cause us in the least to waver? Then the assurance that before long the Lord will be here preaches to us from this text, “Stablish your hearts.” Be firm, be stable, be constant, “stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord.” Soon will you hear the silver trumpet which announces the coming of your King. Be not in the least afraid. Hold the fort, for He is coming; yea, He may appear this very day.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook, July 26th

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

13 responses to “It Will Not Be Long !!!!!!

1. Mel

June 26, 2014 at 5:54 am

Amen! Looking forward to the day we meet Him face to face

June 26, 2014 at 6:21 am

That will be the day Mel. “What a day it will be, when my Jesus I shall see “. Have a great day!!!šŸ˜€

• Mel

June 26, 2014 at 6:23 am

Amen Levi šŸ™‚ well it’s 9:20pm here in Australia

June 26, 2014 at 6:25 am

I wasn’t sure the exact time but knew it was evening. I should say have a good sleep. I forgot. šŸ™

• Mel

June 26, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Haha! Thanks Levi šŸ™‚

2. Stacy Tolbert

June 26, 2014 at 10:41 am

I patiently await in anticipation for that day!!! Oh what a glorious day that will be:)

June 26, 2014 at 11:06 am

Come Lord Jesus, come.

4. sporterhall

June 26, 2014 at 11:48 am

Hello Levi! Thank you for such splendid truth and inspiration. I will have you know that your blog is the very first one I am reading after turning on my laptop for the first time today! What a blessed way to get started. Hope you too are off to a good start! šŸ™‚

June 26, 2014 at 12:16 pm

You are trying to flatter me. Thanks Sylvia. I’m good today’s thanks for asking.nšŸ˜€šŸ‘

• sporterhall

June 26, 2014 at 11:38 pm

You’re welcome Levi. It’s simply the truth šŸ™‚

5. tonyroberts64

June 26, 2014 at 12:17 pm

One thing that amazes me about Spurgeon is how he was able to proclaim the Gospel so prolifically in spite of suffering sometimes severe despair. Clear evidence of the Spirit at work.

June 26, 2014 at 2:04 pm

It is indeed. He suffered tremendous depression for months at a time. Certainly it was the Spirit working through him. I just love the gut as is evident. I have a bust of him on my credenza. He’s not an idol but I highly appreciate how The Lord used Him. Tony (not Richard). Lol