Invitation To Pray!!!!!!

29 Jun
Invitation To Pray!!!!!!

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. (Jeremiah 33:3)

God encourages us to pray. They tell us that prayer is a pious exercise which has no influence except upon the mind engaged in it. We know better. Our experience gives the lie a thousand times over to this infidel assertion. Here Jehovah, the living God, distinctly promises to answer the prayer of His servant. Let us call upon Him again and admit no doubt upon the question of His hearing us and answering us. He that made the ear, shall He not hear? He that gave parents a love to their children, will He not listen to the cries of His own sons and daughters!

God will answer His pleading people in their anguish. He has wonders in store for them. What they have never seen, heard of, or dreamed of, He will do for them. He will invent new blessings if needful. He will ransack sea and land to feed them: He will send every angel out of heaven to succor them if their distress requires it. He will astound us with His grace and make us feel that it was never before done in this fashion. All He asks of us is that we will call upon Him. He cannot ask less of us. Let us cheerfully render Him our prayers at once.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 responses to “Invitation To Pray!!!!!!

1. Anna

June 29, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Thank you for posting this uplifting reminder of God’s faithfulness. 🙂

June 29, 2014 at 8:16 pm

My pleasure. You still doing good?

• Anna

June 29, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I am. Thanks for asking. I did overdo it today. My husband and daughter help to keep the house clean, cooking, etc.

At the same time, I felt halfway decent so decided to help because I prefer things a certain way. It’s a flaw I am working to fix. 🙂

I worked til I collapsed and just now sat down. That wasn’t smart. I know and will pay for it tomorrow.

Sometimes, sitting and feeling as if I can’t do what is needed really gets to me.

Please continue to pray. Hope you are doing well??

June 29, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Still praying for you. You better quit trying to be such a perfectionist. Lol. I’m really one to talk about this. 😀 take it easy!

• Anna

June 29, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Thanks for the prayers. You’re right. I did tell you I’m very driven to a fault. I will lie around being lazy tomorrow. It was my intention today. lol

June 30, 2014 at 4:00 pm

A helpful call to prayer!