03 Jul

I am sitting in my study cooling off after working outside. Because we have received so much rain lately the mosquitoes are pretty thick. Its not unusual to transport some into the house from time to time. As I’m sitting in my leather chair I hear the constant bzzzzzing behind me. I take off my cap and fling it around in the air to protect myself from a mosquito bite. I have had many in my day; probably thousands and I’m not afraid of them, but I will do what I can to keep from being bitten, if I can. Here I am, a 6’0′ man worried about an itty bitty mosquito. I can’t begin to be as eloquent or funny about the mosquito as what you are about to read. This was posted by me on Feb. 22nd, but I had very few followers back then. This is the most popular post that I’ve ever had. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

mosquito

C.H. Spurgeon is one person who I read almost daily. I absolutely love him and have for over 30 years. His use of the English language is the most eloquent of any person that I have ever read. He was the pastor of the Metropolitan Tabernacle in London. During the Victorian age in England Spurgeon’s name was a household name. He frequently was ill, and he also suffered with bouts of depression. When either were prolonged he would travel, usually to warmer climates. His wife rarely accompanied him, although a couple of the male church staff did.

This note was written while he was in Venice. He was being plagued by mosquitoes. When you read it I believe that you will have to laugh. This is something different for me to post but it’s fun. I hope that you will enjoy it.

6 a.m.—I awake grateful for another night’s peaceful rest, only to find myself very badly bitten by mosquitoes. A mosquito is the most terrible of beasts. A lion delights in blood, but he does not suck it from living animals; he does not carefully prolong their tortures. A viper poisons, but he is generally content with one use of his fangs; but these small-winged serpents bite in scores of places in succession. My hands are a series of burning mountains. The creatures are as nearly omnipresent as Satan, which means that, though a mosquito cannot be everywhere, yet no mortal can be sure that he is not near him, or tell where he is not. Curtains are a delusion, pastilles are a snare; the little enemies are irritated by such attempts to escape their malice, and give you double punishment. O Italy! I have shed my blood for thy sake, and feel a love of thee (or something else) burning in my veins! The sooner I am away from thee, O fair Venice, the better, for thou dost deluge me by day, and devour me by night! I wonder how my two companions have fared; I shall go, by-and-by, and look for their remains! I have opened my windows, and the pests are pouring in, eager and hungry; but, as I am up and dressed, there will be no more of me available for them at present.

Tags: , , , , ,

136 responses to “Very Funny! My Most Popular Post Ever. A Small Note C.H. Spurgeon Wrote To His Wife While Traveling !!!!!!

1. lightfighter6

February 22, 2014 at 7:00 am

The mosquito is no doubt a pesky little creature who consumes just enough blood to maintain its miserable span of life upon this earth. Reminds me of the countless human lives who do the same with God’s blood, yet refuse the Donor.

Liked by 2 people

February 22, 2014 at 7:47 am

Yes the analogy is there. Thanks for sharing. Hope your weekend is blessed.

• lightfighter6

February 22, 2014 at 7:51 am

Same to you sir…I featured you blog on my comment trail at http://lf6commenttrail.tumblr.com/

Glad to have stumbled on your blog this morning. Thanks

February 22, 2014 at 10:11 am

Thanks for sharing this post and I’m glad that you found me this morning. Come again and I hope you have a great weekend.

• chaya1957

April 14, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Spurgeon had quite the gift to kvetch with eloquence 🙂

April 14, 2014 at 7:21 pm

He was the most eloquent preacher I’ve ever read or heard. I just love him.

2. A Servant

February 22, 2014 at 3:15 pm

I absolutely love to read behind Spurgeon. This was something I hadn’t seen. Nice post!
    I need to ask you something, could you email me at aservant@servantsjournal please?

February 23, 2014 at 10:30 am

Spurgeon is too funny!

February 23, 2014 at 11:09 am

He really is in this personal note isn’t he?

• SLIMJIM

February 23, 2014 at 11:17 am

He is! My favorite line: “O Italy! I have shed my blood for thy sake, and feel a love of thee (or something else) burning in my veins!”

February 23, 2014 at 11:44 am

That is my favorite line as well. Thanks for sharing.

4. Kayode Crown

February 23, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Reblogged this on Books by Kayode Crown.

5. vwoods1212

February 26, 2014 at 11:39 pm

My God this is hilarious. Reblogged.

6. vwoods1212

February 27, 2014 at 1:08 am

Reblogged this on vwoods1212.

7. insideheathershead

February 27, 2014 at 11:10 am

This is wonderful! I needed a grin this morning. Thank you so much for sharing. I shall never cast mine eyes upon the villainous mosquito again without recalling its “eager and hungry” prolonged torture of humanity. 🙂

February 27, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Isn’t this a neat piece? I am so glad that you enjoyed it. Have a better day. Mine may be about like yours and its not even Monday. Blessings!

8. TJ Petri

February 27, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Great post! I love reading the greats. One who always leaves me thinking and who I must read one paragraph at a time is Watchman Nee. Good Stuff.
    TjP

February 27, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Watchman Nee is great too. I have read him quite a bit. Thank you for commenting!

• TJ Petri

February 27, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Yes Sir. I forgot to mention Packer- ( I think that’s him) anyhow I enjoyed his book Knowing God.
        Most of all, as you well know, better than any book, I get my peace from the Word, able to divide soul and spirit which no book by any man can do. I really like this place you have here. I feel at home. I will check in for a daily dose!
        TjP

February 27, 2014 at 9:08 pm

TJ, I have read a lot of JI Packer. Knowing God was also the first of his books that I read probably close to 30 years ago now. It is very good. I’m glad that you have enjoyed the blog. Come often I have something new every day. Have a nice evening!

9. skinnyuz2b

March 10, 2014 at 3:16 pm

It’s so funny to hear what someone thought of mosquitos so long ago. Not much has changed!

March 10, 2014 at 3:49 pm

They are little monsters here in Oklahoma but am use to them. He was from England where they didn’t have them. My son lives in Oregon and they don’t even have flies. We have it all. I agree that Spurgeon was hilarious in this note.

10. Equipping The Saints

March 10, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Thank you for following my blog. I am blessed through your kindness.

Senior Pastor/Equipping The Saints
    Philip 3:10, “That I Might Know Him”

11. jovisgoes

March 26, 2014 at 5:53 pm

The mosquito is truly a wicked beast
    On human bodies the devil will feast
    Our bodies we should perhaps keep greased
    In order that they might eat us least.

Priceless C H Spugeon

March 26, 2014 at 5:54 pm

That is priceless. Thanks! I love Mr. Spurgeon

• jovisgoes

March 26, 2014 at 5:56 pm

😀 you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who liked mosquitoes

March 26, 2014 at 5:59 pm

No doubt. In the summer we have many of them. I live in the country and come late Spring here they come. What’s ironic is that I get very few bites but my wife gets tons as well as some of my grand kids. I guess I either stink or am sweet. Lol

12. http://zhz.fr/mercurial-enfant

April 3, 2014 at 11:53 am

ӏ simply couldn’t leаve your web site before suggesting that I
    actually loved the usual info a person supply iո your
    guests? Iѕ ǥonna be back ceaѕelеsѕly to check uƿ
    on new posts

April 16, 2014 at 9:47 am

Thanks so much and I am glad that you enjoyed my blog. Sorry that I am just getting back to you. Your comment was in the spam folder. I hope your day is a good one.

13. en.wikipedia.org

April 4, 2014 at 5:50 pm

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different
    web page and thought I should check things out. I like what
    I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to looking into your web page
    for a second time.

April 16, 2014 at 9:46 am

I am so glad that you found me and are following me. Sorry that I am just getting back to you. Your comment was in the spam folder. Hope your day is a good one!!!

14. heavenhappens

April 7, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Glad to meet you Levi and thank you for reading my blog x yours is wonderful. Do you really write Every Day? Wonderful!

April 7, 2014 at 5:58 pm

It’s my pleasure to meet you as well. I do write every day. I really like your blog as well. Let’s talk again! Thank you..

15. clothedwithjoy

April 7, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I love this. After living in India for 12 years – I relate! What a wretched beast the mosquito is – I often asked the Lord why He made them!

April 7, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Isn’t that a wonderfully humorous piece? We have many in Oklahoma but they pretty much leave me alone and attack my wife.. Thanks for the great comment. Are you a missionary in India?

16. dweezer19

April 7, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Oh I love this. I am so glad you introduced me to his writing. And I empathize. Living in the Deep South, our mosquitoes come armed with machetes. LOL thanks for following my blog. 🙂

April 7, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Yes, we have a lot in Oklahoma as well. It was a great article I had to share. You’re very welcome!!!

17. dwwork

April 8, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Living in Houston I would have to agree. great post, made me smile.

April 8, 2014 at 5:52 pm

We have them in Oklahoma as well. I’m not as sweet as my wife. I get few bites and she gets lots. Thanks!!!

18. canada goose återförsäljare

April 9, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Ι want to too thank you for this great read!! I defіnitelly loved every bit
    of it. I’ve gοt you bookmarked to look at new stuff you post…

19. davidholsclaw

April 10, 2014 at 8:22 am

I have enjoyed and have been encouraged and challenged by Spurgeon for many years. He had such a precise way with words. I once heard a saying for young pastors and Bible teachers — “sell all that you have, and buy Spurgeon.” That is good advice.

April 10, 2014 at 8:24 am

I have read him consistently for over 35 years. I have heard and read the same quote. I think it is great advice too. Have a great day!!!!

• davidholsclaw

April 10, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Thanks. It’s good to meet someone who appreciates our classic Christian heritage.

April 10, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I do indeed. I’m glad that you do as well it seems. Thanks!!!!

20. Debb Stanton

April 10, 2014 at 10:56 am

Reblogged this on STANTON SUNSHINE and commented:

This is delightful! I had always heard of Spurgeon but not read any of his works. Hmmm, so it sounds like he doesn’t always write like this? Enjoy.

21. Kelly Grace

April 10, 2014 at 11:08 am

Hello Levi, Spurgeon’s sermons have given my husband and I many a good laugh over the years. He was a master wordsmith and so insightful about the common man’s relationship and walk. He had a pastor’s heart for his flock and that is so endearing in a man with a ‘mega-church’. We minister in West Africa and mosquitos are both a nuisance and a threat. This is my year for re-visiting the Old Masters. I began reading My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers’ classic devotional and like Spurgeon, he knows how to use the King’s English.

April 10, 2014 at 11:14 am

Kelly, I’m very familiar with Chambers as well. I’ve read Spurgeon for 35 years or so almost daily. I’m so glad you shared you’re ministering in West Africa. We ministered in Mexico City years ago. Thanks for sharing and dodge those mosquitoes. Lol

22. anchorrock4

April 11, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Thank you for sharing this treasure. I will print it and place it beside by headboard.

April 11, 2014 at 5:33 pm

You’re welcome. It is a very neat piece indeed. Thanks.

23. Lyn

April 13, 2014 at 4:13 am

I read Morning and Evening every day. Have you ever read Spurgeon’s “The Most Holy Place” Levi? it’s Absolutely wonderful.

April 13, 2014 at 9:41 am

Good morning Lyn. Yes, I I have read The Most Holy Place. It is wonderful. I read Morning and Evening for years myself. Haven’t for the last three or four years. I started with him 35 or more years ago and own most everything he wrote. Have a great day in Our Lord!!!!!

24. nike air max 1

April 13, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Wоah! I’m really enјoying the template/theme of this site.
    It’s simple, yet effective. Α lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” betweеn superb usability аnd visuаl appearance.
    I must say yoս’ve done a amazing job with this. Alsߋ, the blog lloads super qսiϲk for me on
    Firefоx. Exceptіonal Blog!

25. beenough

April 13, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I love words.

I love our redeemer.

Thank you for your words and your blog they brought me joy through my two loves.

April 13, 2014 at 6:57 pm

I am so pleased on both accounts. May we be a blessing to each other. Thanks!!! Levi

26. Anonymous

April 13, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I really enjoyed this post, thank you very much for sharing.

27. Anonymous

April 13, 2014 at 11:03 pm

I really enjoyed this post. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful week.

28. Clare Flourish

April 14, 2014 at 2:55 am

Thank you for sharing how much you love this writer, and thank you for the follow. God bless.

April 14, 2014 at 6:42 am

Clare, the pleasure is mine. Come again and have a great day!!!!!!

29. doudoune canada goose femme

April 14, 2014 at 11:17 am

I liƙe it when iոdividuals come together and
    share views. Great sitе, stick witҺ it!

April 16, 2014 at 9:38 am

Thanks so much. I plan to The Lord willing! Have a great day!!!!!

30. Rebecca

April 14, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Thanks for the follow at faithsighanddiy.com. Welcome aboard. I love Charles Spurgeon.

April 14, 2014 at 4:01 pm

The pleasure is mine. I’m glad you love Spurgeon. I do as well and have for over 30 years. Hope the rest of your day is pleasant!!!!

31. chirose

April 14, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Great blog here.! Thanks for the follow too 🙂

32. paddickvanzyl

April 14, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Beautiful

Thnx

Paddick

Thnx for following my blog paddickvanzyl.wordpress. Stay blessed

April 15, 2014 at 10:21 am

Paddick, isn’t it a wonderful piece? I loved it when I first read it so much. I hope your day is a good one:)

33. http://zhz.fr/air-max-pas-cher/

April 15, 2014 at 12:00 am

Hi therе! This blog post couldn’t be written any better!
    Reading through this article reminds me of my pгevious roommate!

He always keрot preaching about this. I am gοing to forward this post to him.
    Prеtty sսre he’s going to have a great read. I ɑppreciate you for
    sharing!

34. The Lutterworth Press

April 15, 2014 at 4:05 am

Hi there! Thanks for the follow. Have you come across our book on Spurgeon? http://www.jamesclarke.co/product_info.php/products_id/91?osCsid=9c4a4f925068bf9c11db21ff6c5cee48
    Kepp up the good work on the blog!

April 15, 2014 at 10:05 am

Hello. I will have to look at your book on Spurgeon. I have many many Spurgeon books. Maybe not this one. Thanks a lot!!!!!

35. Wordscroll

April 15, 2014 at 7:41 am

Oh my, it has been my lifelong dream to go to Italy. Now I wonder if I should reconsider. hmmm
    🙂 Thank you for the follow. Your picture indicates that you are a delightful person and I can just see how much fun you and your grandchildren have! God Bless you my brother!

36. Wordscroll

April 15, 2014 at 8:52 am

Hello Levi, I left a message here but I think it was swallowed up. If you get a duplicate throw it out! 🙂 I came to thank you for the follow to my blog and am shocked to read of the terrible mosquito in Italy. My lifelong dream has been to go to Italy, now I’m not sure I should?
    Your picture shows me that you are a delight to the Lord! Enjoy your grandkids and thank you for the follow 🙂

April 15, 2014 at 9:48 am

The pleasure is mine to follow you. When I read this for the first time I couldn’t stop laughing because of the vivid language used. I truly love Spurgeon. I’m glad that you enjoyed it. May your day be pleasurable 🙂

37. Mary Rowen

April 15, 2014 at 10:43 am

Thanks for posting! Mosquitoes are one of my worst enemies–I hate them with extreme passion! Not just because of their bites, but because of the diseases they carry! This is a great piece!

April 15, 2014 at 10:47 am

I think it is a great piece myself. I dislike mosquitoes myself and we can have a lot of them at times where I live. Thanks for sharing Mary. Have a great day:)

38. renatabu

April 18, 2014 at 12:38 pm

I have never heard of Spurgeon before reading this post, but I enjoyed it immensely! I think he perfectly captured the personality of a mosquito and its bite!

April 18, 2014 at 1:01 pm

He is a classic. This piece to me is so eloquently funny. Thanks!!!!

39. Holistic Wayfarer

April 18, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Huh. I adore and reverence the man but have never read him on anything but God and grace. Thank you for the follow. Keep up the wonderful blogging. The saints you speak of are ones I appreciate greatly. I heard JI Packer live in college, too.

April 18, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I love Spurgeon as well which is probably evident. There is much to read from him should you ever like. To follow you is my pleasure. Have a great rest of the day. Levi

40. rubiescorner

April 26, 2014 at 3:33 pm

I love Spurgeon, and I read the Word daily.

April 26, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I so glad you do. This is the way we grow. Keep it up!!!

41. Cynthia Reyes

May 5, 2014 at 8:10 am

I empathize with Spurgeon. All the mosquitoes of Florence, Italy, flew in through my window one night, and tortured me.
    Thanks for this story! I enjoyed it.

May 5, 2014 at 10:34 am

They are little beasts to say the least. Lol glad you enjoyed it!!!!

42. charlypriest

May 16, 2014 at 11:07 am

I loved how you wrote this, but and this is a big but even though your use of the English language was delightful to read, you just created another nightmare in my head. Next time I see a mosquito I´ll probably faint thanks to you.

43. Ted Luoma

May 16, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Thanks for the descriptive mosquito post. I feel the same way as Spurgeon.

May 16, 2014 at 7:00 pm

They are little meanies. Lol keep the spray on this summer. Thanks and have a great weekend!!

44. leneijapan

June 9, 2014 at 12:56 am

I do hope all those little meanies flew away singing “There is power in the blood!”…

June 9, 2014 at 5:55 am

Lol. I hadn’t thought of that. Thanks for sharing that. Funny!!😀

45. wisediscerner

June 10, 2014 at 6:44 am

I thoroughly enjoyed this! It was very humorous. I do understand how he felt, I’ve always said that I am like a misquito magnet…they find me no matter WHERE I am! Thanks for sharing it.

46. Rob Barkman

July 3, 2014 at 5:46 am

Hilarious, Thanks for sharing Levi. Have a great July 4th holiday

47. atimetoshare

July 3, 2014 at 6:42 am

We have tons of mosquitoes in Minnesota. Many claim they are our state bird. I wonder why Noah ever brought those things on board with him.

July 3, 2014 at 6:44 am

Good morning Kathy. Maybe they were clinging to the animals on the ark. I’ve wondered the same day. I think yours are bigger there than in Oklahoma. Have a great day.

• atimetoshare

July 3, 2014 at 6:54 am

They are much bigger here. I love your explanation that they were clinging to the animals. That actually makes sense. You have a great day too.

48. lulu

July 3, 2014 at 6:59 am

Mosquitos as beasts. I never thought of them quite that way but it is beastly when you have an abundance of bites.

49. Julie Harris

July 3, 2014 at 12:00 pm

This is great! Thanks for sharing this again. I, too, dislike those terrible beasts!

July 3, 2014 at 5:57 pm

They are pesky Julie. I thought I would share it while they are out in full force. Hope you’re doing well. Happy 4th to you and your family.

50. savedbygrace

July 3, 2014 at 2:47 pm

almost all people i knew who had the revelation of grace are funny people. well, we all got that from our mother 🙂 who is Sarah. no wonder Sarah named her first son Isaac which means ….

July 3, 2014 at 5:55 pm

You are right. That is good. Lol. Had never thought of it that way, thanks for sharing. Have a great 4th,

51. Skye

July 3, 2014 at 4:30 pm

“Look for their remains.” 😀 This made me love him even more!! Thank you, Dear Levi.

52. Cynthia Reyes

July 3, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Poor guy! I felt the same way after a night in a very old hotel in the oldest part of Florence. Except I was too itchy to write anything about it.
    I just asked someone else this question: What use are mosquitoes? Every other creature has a use. What use are they, save to torment us poor humans?

July 3, 2014 at 5:51 pm

They are a real pest. They are great food for birds I know. Besides this, I don’t know. Martens feed on them.

53. donna213

July 3, 2014 at 7:30 pm

It was funny, but honestly I’d rather a mosquito than a viper or lion. At least the mosquitos can be squished.

July 3, 2014 at 8:03 pm

I agree. Spurgeon was evidently not use to any of these. I have plenty of bad snakes around here.

July 4, 2014 at 1:43 am

This was probably the first post of yours that I read

July 4, 2014 at 6:14 am

You picked my most popular on to start. Lol. Have a great 4th, SJ

55. Bart Breen

August 2, 2014 at 10:27 am

Mosquitoes really suck! (Spurgeon said it more eloquently though!)

August 2, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Lol. They literally do suck for sure, and otherwise. I can’t even begin to speak like Spurgeon but I love him.

56. Kelly Grace

August 2, 2014 at 10:28 am

Just perfect as we leave for Africa where mosquitoes are more dangerous than lions!

August 2, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Be careful Kelly. Lord bless you all in your work!!!

57. ropheka

August 6, 2014 at 1:34 pm

He would have loved being a tree planter where we were swamped with the minature vampires all day every day. We said some very unChristian words.

August 6, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I can’t imagine what he may have said. Whatever it would have been I’m sure it would have been good.

58. tellthetruth1

September 5, 2014 at 6:52 am

Mine always come up like burns. I so felt for the poor man. I hate being chomped on, lol!

September 5, 2014 at 7:17 am

Lol. And we have lots of them around here in the summer. I’m not sweet enough for them to like me much but they get my wife and grand kids. Lol

59. Sherry Bibb

September 9, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Thank you for this post from “The Prince of Preachers”. It made me laugh out loud. Reading through the comments, what a wonderful cloud of witnesses. It is so nice to see many kindred spirits. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Thank you for liking my poetry.

September 9, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Sherry, there seem to be quite a few that still love Mr. Spurgeon the way I have for the past 35 years. I enjoy your poetry. Thank you for coming by and also commenting. Lord bless you!

60. Mark Anthony Escalera

September 12, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Ah yes, good old Spurgeon certainly had a way with words. I can empathize having contracted two severe cases of malaria from the nasty descendants of the ones that bit Mr. Spurgeon. Thanks for sharing.

September 12, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Spurgeon did have a way with words. That’s amazing that you’ve had malaria twice. We have quite a few mosquitoes in Oklahoma as well. I’m not find of them. Thanks for stopping by!

• Mark Anthony Escalera

September 12, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Yep, it is what cost our ministry in Liberia. It shot my immune system. My daughter and I still suffer from the effects of those little demons.

September 12, 2014 at 8:09 pm

My, I’m sorry to hear that. I’m thankful you can serve The Lord in other ways.

61. demilhadey

October 21, 2014 at 5:08 am

Reblogged this on demilhadey and commented:
    God’s servants do have a sense of humour 😀
    Charles Spurgeon:

62. The Lazurus Project

November 26, 2014 at 10:37 pm

I used to have the complete works of Spurgeon’s sermons and quoted him often from my first pulpit. He had a great poetic gift of expression and his ability to illustrate truths of the Bible were awesome.
    I served in Taiwan, the sub tropics, for several years. Could not have survived with out very serviceable netting around my bed.

Speaking of travel. preachers and wives, what do you know about the marriage of another great spokesman for the Lord, John Wesley. My prof at Princeton used to say, one reason he traveled so much was that he had a very unhappy home life. Judging from his sermon quoted in church last week, “Almost a Christian,” John must have had very high expectations of others. His description of what a Christian should be and do was so high, I must admit, I left church muttering “I am or I almost am, that is the question.

November 26, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Spurgeon has been daily reading of mine for over 30 years. I have only read some of Wesley and have read what you said about his not so great marriage. I don’t know if that was correct or not, but 2 of us have read or heard it.

When a missionary in Mexico we also had huge mosquitoes. We have them in Oklahoma but not that huge but we have many of them. I can’t speak on your last comment because I just have not read him that much.

It’s sure good to hear from you!!!

63. The True Light!

April 15, 2015 at 10:16 am

Enjoyed this, Levi! You know, we can use some of that water out here in California…(you can keep the mosquitos!)

Take care,
    ~Steve

April 16, 2015 at 5:55 pm

I know you guys need water bad. We are in a drought too but nothing like you in Ca. We are still receiving about 35 inches a year but we need 50. A lot more green grass here I suppose.

• The True Light!

April 16, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Levi, you have no idea. We need 20-25 inches a year just to get back a small percentage of our deficit. We have gotten under 10 inches of rain for each of the last four years running! Things are severe no doubt…

Take care,