A Mountain Choir !!!!!!

07 Jul
A Mountain Choir !!!!!!

Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. (Isaiah 49:13)

So sweet are the comforts of the Lord, that not only the saints themselves may sing of them, but even the heavens and the earth may take up the song. It takes something to make a mountain sing; and yet the prophet summons quite a choir of them. Lebanon, and Sirion, and the high hills of Bashan and Moab, He would set them all singing because of Jehovah’s grace to His own Zion. May we not also make mountains of difficulty, and trial, and mystery, and labor become occasions for praise unto our God? “Break forth into singing, O mountains!”

This word of promise, that our God will have mercy upon His afflicted, has a whole peal of bells connected with it. Hear their music—”Sing!” “Be joyful!” “Break forth into singing.” The Lord would have His people happy because of His unfailing love. He would not have us sad and doubtful; He claims from us the worship of believing hearts. He cannot fail us: why should we sigh or sulk as if He would do so? Oh, for a well-tuned harp! Oh, for voices like those of the cherubim before the throne!

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 responses to “A Mountain Choir !!!!!!

1. Garden Walk Garden Talk

July 7, 2014 at 5:16 am

Very uplifting. “He would not have us sad and doubtful.” I do know people like this, finding little joy in that around them.

July 7, 2014 at 6:01 am

Good morning. Yes, I know of people that are down and dejected all the time too. They need to know the source of all joy. Have a great day!!

2. skinnyuz2b

July 7, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I love waking up just before the birds. I first hear one little voice and very shortly an entire chorus. It uplifts me and is a great start to my day.

July 7, 2014 at 1:07 pm

It is great. I do it every morning and it’s my favorite time of the day. Have a wonderful week!!!😀

July 8, 2014 at 4:00 am

I confess…I’m not much of a guy that sing. With two young daughters I’ve been convicted that I need to sing praises to God as a model to them. I realize I need to sing more than just a model for my girls but because God for His glory and my own spiritual growth (encouragement, etc).

July 8, 2014 at 6:01 am

God reasons SJ. I do love to sing myself. It’s a wonderful way to express to our Lord.