Day 2 and 3 In NYC !!!!!!

16 Jul

I’m sorry I didn’t get to post yesterday. There was absolutely no time for me to do so. I started the 2nd day at 6am preparing the coffee for everyone to take out. We took out 80 gallons of coffee among the 4 teams that we had prepared in my “resting hours”. I had no idea what I was getting into on the coffee making. I’m not sorry that I took on the task but it takes between 12-13 hours to prepare that much coffee through all of the steps to the final product. The teams headed to the United Nations and setup and handed out drinks for a couple of hours and spoke to many people and was able to get several contacts for later follow-up. After we left there we went over to a local park and volunteered to work in their gardens. This is right up my ally. After digging up weeds in beds and doing some pruning we returned back to headquarters where we ate lunch.

Immediately afterwards, I began in the initial stage of more coffee making. I was able to rest for an hour or so and I went back to coffee making until 11pm. By the time I cleaned up it was midnight before I finally hit the hay. Day 3 started off at 5am. It is the day off for everyone. So why would I get up at 5am when I don’t have too. Good question! I only wished I had a good answer, but that’s just me. It’s very rare for me to ever sleep in, even when I want to. There are too many things to be doing. As my Dr. friend says, “sleeping is a waste of time”; but I don’t agree of course. Hopefully I will turn in early tonight. After doing some paper work, a new friend working on the campaign and I headed uptown to take in some sites. I’m a walker and so is he so off we go. I only took a few on my phone but I have many on my camera. Here are a few to share.

imageEmpire State Building

imageRockefeller Plaza

image

Central Park

image

In this last photo we have these very impressive structures. The City is graced throughout with buildings that display the ingenuity of man and the wealth of a great nation. When you look below on the sidewalks and streets far below and see the masses of people, real people with real souls that look so insignificant in comparison, but whose worth has no price tag great enough to pay for only one of them; but the price already has been paid for every person that will place their trust in the Son of God, Jesus Christ. He left the very portals of Heaven to come to this sin-cursed planet to make atonement for our sins. It’s the only way possible for us to have a right standing before God. Jesus said “I am the way, the truth, and the life and no man can come to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).

My coming to this great City has once again sparked my compassion to a greater degree to share the Gospel message with all who will listen. Thank you for your prayers so far for our endeavor here and may your hearts all be reignited to share this wonderful message of salvation wherever you are.

Until next time, Lord willing,

Posted by on July 16, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

26 responses to “Day 2 and 3 In NYC !!!!!!

1. Karen Pickering

July 16, 2014 at 6:33 am

Thanks for the report. What an encouragement. I will continue to pray for wisdom, supernatural strength and restful sleep each night.

July 16, 2014 at 7:15 am

You are too gracious Karen. I appreciate it so much!!! Blessings!

2. atimetoshare

July 16, 2014 at 7:00 am

Thank you, Levi, for the work The Lord is doing through you and your team. There are so many that need to hear about God and His amazing grace.

July 16, 2014 at 7:14 am

Thanks Kathy. The need is great. I appreciate so kindness. Have a great day!

3. james1948

July 16, 2014 at 8:10 am

Thrilling to experience through you the great need for Christ. When you get back home maybe there will be an opportunity to share your coffee making process?

July 16, 2014 at 8:16 am

I think I can make a post on it. Several have asked. I’ve been asked and accepted to work with this group in Oklahoma area. After talking to my wife and praying about it I’ve accepted. Another chapter starting.

July 16, 2014 at 8:35 am

Great post and update Levi! Praying for you!

July 16, 2014 at 9:27 am

Thanks so much Elaine. I appreciate it. Watch out moving!!

5. insideheathershead

July 16, 2014 at 9:20 am

What an amazing experience! I couldn’t think of a better person to spread God’s seed than you, my favorite Master Gardener. May your journey be blessed with God’s light and may you bring many sheep into His fold.

July 16, 2014 at 9:30 am

Good morning Heather. Thanks so much for your always kind words. You’re always an encouragement to me. Have a blessed day my Okie friend. Btw, I just spoke with another Okie here for 2 years from Stillwater. He left the Amish and came here because his best friend that isn’t Amish was here. He’s a married man with 2 children. Very great talk.

July 16, 2014 at 10:28 am

Good morning Levi: I’m looking at a small woven mural on my office wall that says, “An angel’s work is never done.” I think the Lord has 30 human angels there in N.Y. doing His never ending work. Ya’ll are in my prayers and I pray God’s favor on each of you. It’s a mighty work you’re doing in His name. Try to get some rest, too. Great pictures.

July 16, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Due, you are so kind. I appreciate your prayers and thoughts. Rest is hard to come by except between midnight and 5am but I’m holding up quite well. Lord bless you my friend!!!

7. wingedprisms

July 16, 2014 at 10:45 am

I love New York! πŸ˜€
    cate b

8. Cynthia Reyes

July 16, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Thanks for this post, Levi. We know that you will post when we can, so no worries. You’re doing God’s work, which takes different forms, and right now, New York is calling for your attention.

Grace and peace to you.

July 16, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Thanks Cynthia all is well here. Just busy busy. I appreciate you!

9. Linda Arthur Tejera

July 16, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Wonderful post! Great photos! πŸ™‚

10. Skye @ TheSanctuaryofMyHeart

July 16, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Thank you for the update, Dear Levi. It sounds exhausting but so rewarding. I know that you are blessing many (even ones that you do not realize). I am continuing in prayer. Please rest when you can. πŸ™‚

July 16, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Thank you so much Skye. I’m really not beat even though it looks like I would be. Thanks so much for your continued prayers. The Lord really is using us all. We are speaking to many many people. Thanks so much!!

July 17, 2014 at 4:39 am

Your Mr S additions will never be the same again after sharing just a little of your NYC coffee making earth shaking love taking fun making adventures! Walking the walk every step of the way Mr T, and loving walking with you! πŸ™‚

July 17, 2014 at 5:39 am

Good morning PaulπŸ˜€! I’ve been up for more than 2 hours setting us up to go out this morning to distribute. It’s terribly hard work making this coffee but it doesn’t seem like it. It’s a true work of The Lord that is making an impact in this huge City. People ask if we have any coffee just walking the streets with our tee shirts on. Have a great day!!!

12. lookingthroughanotherseyes

July 18, 2014 at 5:53 am

Whoah Levi, you’re amazing my friend. Such great work it brings a tear to my eyes. Will pray for new and great daily strength for you although it sounds like you are running on super strength batteries lol. I’m a bit concerned about The United Nations you mentioned though, you don’t mean THE UN do you? Su x