New York City, Day 5

18 Jul

It’s only day 5? It seems so short and yet so long at the same time. I have so many things to share with you all but very little time to do so.

The video I posted yesterday really shows some of our interaction with the people of NYC. The 4 teams split up each morning and go to various locations each day. At night 4 completely different places are chosen. The coffee and water are distributed only in the mornings.

In the evening a prayer board is set up and many many people come by and place prayer request. Most are touched that anyone would care to pray for them, or anything that concerns them. We then pray with them and later as well.

When I look around me, I feel I think, just like the apostle Paul must have felt entering the major cities in the areas he traveled to with his team. Although not inspired like the apostles, we are doing the exact same work.

Today at lunch I heard of a couple of “not so pleasant people” who weren’t so nice, but nothing violent. The folks around here have been super nice and many receptive to what we, Jews For Jesus, are all about.  We are all about proclaiming the goodnews, to the Jews first, and also to the Gentiles, that Jesus Christ is Israel’s Messiah and Savior to all peoples.

Now for the fantastic news. Today, Irina, one of our team members here from Russia led another  25 year old Russian lady to The Lord. She asked Irina if she would also meet with her to teach her a few things from the Bible. Naturally, she was thrilled and has a time set up to meet with her.

There have been a few that have come to The Lord during the campaign, but this is not a campaign to get people to say a prayer, pronounce them saved, and leave. We have I’m told over 100 who have requested an individual meeting to discuss Jesus. The full-time missionaries in NYC will be busy for weeks and months to come. I only wish I were here long enough to take part in this.

I’ve had some mighty fine food since I’ve been here. I’ll show you my dinner from night before last at Sarge’s Jewish Restaurant. Boiled potatoes came with it but I needed some French fries. Lol. I actually was able to eat only about 1/3 of what I was served.

imageMatzo Ball in wonderful broth

image

Corned beef over cabbage and crispy fries. Yuuuumy!!!

This is all of the time I have for now.

Until next time, Lord willing,

Posted by on July 18, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

34 responses to “New York City, Day 5

July 18, 2014 at 4:23 am

You fizz fun! It is infectious! 🙂

July 18, 2014 at 5:32 am

Paul, I’m having a great time here. If I was 25-30 years younger I would move here. The people are amazing. I know of no place on the planet that needs to see the love of God in action. Have a great day!!!😀

July 18, 2014 at 4:28 am

Glad to know your trip is going so well. Love reading about it! Keep having fun And thanks for sharing!

3. TJ Petri

July 18, 2014 at 4:48 am

Wow that sounds so awesome. I need a missions trip. The reuban sandwich looks good as well…

July 18, 2014 at 5:35 am

TJ, if you have a chance go on one. It’s a tremendous blessing for you, but you could be a blessing to many. Have a great day!!!

• TJ Petri

July 18, 2014 at 9:11 am

I have a friend who heads up the mission team at church and he is always off to some place mostly outside the US but local too. He always leaves weary and tired and comes back with a fresh dose of the HG. I might hit him up for a ride!

July 18, 2014 at 9:56 am

There you go. I haven’t even averaged 4 hours sleep a night for a week now and not even exhausted. Do it!!!

4. lulu

July 18, 2014 at 7:29 am

You are in the right place when it comes to good food. Levi, you are an inspiration and your kinship with Jesus is not surprising as he was Jewish too.

July 18, 2014 at 7:57 am

Thanks Lulu and I’ve had some very wonderful food much of it Jewish. Enjoy Maine!!

5. Denine Taylor

July 18, 2014 at 9:07 am

Sounds awesome. Glad your having a great time touching the world for Jesus. Lucky!

July 18, 2014 at 10:31 am

Thanks Denine. It’s cool for sure. Have a great daisy!!

6. linda parvin hutchinson

July 18, 2014 at 9:17 am

What a wonderful witness. God bless your efforts!

7. Stacy Tolbert

July 18, 2014 at 10:22 am

May God continue to bless all of you, His faithful and obedient servants.

July 18, 2014 at 10:27 am

Praise God for you all serving and those with receiving hearts. Food looks yummy.

July 18, 2014 at 10:46 am

Thanks Sue and the food has been great every meal. Thanks for your encouragement. 😀

9. Michael

July 18, 2014 at 11:01 am

What wonderful work the Lord is doing! “Amen” to the Holy Spirit’s action. And what wonderful food you’re enjoying! Other great spots in the area: The Meatball Shop (2 locations) and Defonte’s (Brooklyn). Cheers!

10. insideheathershead

July 18, 2014 at 11:04 am

Praise God that you are spreading the seed of His Good News and that people are coming to Him. Stay the course, my friend. Remove the rocks, till the earth of their hearts with love so they will have soil ready for God’s glorious fruit-sprouting seed. Then give them the tools they need to continue to tend to the garden of their hearts.

P.S. Now I want to go to Kilkenny’s for lunch for some corned beef and cabbage! YUM!

July 18, 2014 at 11:48 am

Dear Heather, thanks for your always encouragement. We will stay the course by the grace and strength of God. In these type of campaigns God gives us strength we didn’t know we had in us. It’s the most exciting thing you can’t help but be energized. The souls that have been saved wears reaping what others have planted before hand. It’s great to plant the seed which is mainly what we are doing. The harvest will come with the Sunshineof Gods Word and the watering by the Spirit. We are mere farmers. God does the rest. Go to Kilkennys. Sounds great. Have a wonderful weekend

11. Garden Walk Garden Talk

July 18, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Even when in NYC, I still cannot eat Jewish food. I could eat those french fries too!

July 18, 2014 at 9:02 pm

The fries were great as was all of it to me, but I have always lived Jewish food. Lol

12. Kim Fernando

July 18, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Levi, that’s amazing to hear that people are being saved by the work of people like you! Honestly, we need it. New York is a fun place to visit, but it can be a brutal place to live and I’m so glad people are finding the love of Christ. Also, Jewish Delicatessans are the best!

July 18, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Hey Kim. There are many in this city that are open to the Gospel. The majority aren’t and never will be but because of such large numbers of people there are many responsive. We hosted a dinner tonight for people we had invited on the streets that were receptive. These were Jewish people. 12 showed up for the dinner of the invited. We invited 25-30 and they knew why they were invited. I agree, Jewish delis are wonderful. Lord bless you and thanks!

13. james1948

July 18, 2014 at 9:30 pm

I enjoy reading the commentary of your labor. Immediate results are up lifting.. Do expect later results as the Bible speaks of the “latter rain.”

July 19, 2014 at 7:59 am

Yes, we expect more results later than we’ve reaped. Last night we had a Shabbat dinner having invited 25 Jewish people. 12 attended knowing we were “Jesus people”. Great conversations. What is so neat is that a training doctor from India attended and he leaves next week for India. They all heard the Gospel last night. It’s a wonderful thing to watch God work in the hearts of Jews to save some of them. This is our main thrust, Jews but naturally witness to all. We mainly are working in the Jewish areas. Lord bless!!

14. Susan Irene Fox

July 19, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Levi, what you’re doing is simply wonderful, shining God’s light into souls that crave His message of grace and love. By the way, the matzo ball soup looks delish! I was raised Jewish and once or so a year, I break down and make it, along with chopped liver. YUM! 😀

July 19, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Hey Susan, the matzo ball soup was great along with the rest. We have shared the Gospel with almost 200 Jewish people now and a lot of Gentiles as well. The Lord has has now saved several. Thanks for stopping by. Thanks.

• Susan Irene Fox

July 19, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Oh, that’s wonderful, Levi. My heart is full for you and for them this morning. Building His kingdom one seed at a time. ❤

July 19, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Yeah yeah. Lol. I always say yep but New Yorkers say yeah yeah. Lol. Have a great weekend Susan!!

15. beverley

July 20, 2014 at 3:08 am

I think it takes courage to stand in public places and state that you are a Christian. I have recently finished to 2 year mission with Family search/history and i had a badge with my name on it and the church’s name on it. People looked at it, you could see their eyes drift that way, some would smile and i had one or two ask questions but thankfully i never had anyone be abusive towards me.

16. tellthetruth1

July 24, 2014 at 1:22 am

Loved reading this. I’d heard of Jews for Jesus through my husband many years ago. He had a vinyl album that claimed their name. One of the songs was My Yiddisha Mama, as far as I remember it, and he used to sing it 🙂

Mmmm-munchies look delicious 😀