NYC Days 6-8

21 Jul

Time is moving very quickly here in NY; there honestly aren’t enough hours in the day to finish all that I wish to. I am now “the coffee meister” as a couple have called me. On Saturday I whipped out 163 gallons of cold-brew coffee. When I have time I will have pics and instructions and the recipe for you to try should you wish.

In Owasso, Ok., the town where my church is located, we have a Main St. night once a month. Since our church has a representation in it I’m going to check and see if we may not give out cold-brew coffee at it.

I have had a few questions about what Jews For Jesus is. Jews For Jesus is a Christian evangelistic organization that is made of of Jewish men and women that believe that Jesus was and is Israel’s Messiah and is the Savior of the world. Their primary focus is to present the Gospel of Jesus to Jewish people all over the planet. They then help guide them into an in a congregation or church.

Paul tells us in Romans 11 that a partial hardening of the Jewish people has occurred so that the Genitiles could be grafted into the tree. Israel and the Jewish people are the natural branch . The first believers were Jews; Jesus was a Jew, and the church has always been made up of some Jewish people throughout history.

So what is a Goy, or Gentile boy from Oklahoma doing working with an exclusive Jewish organization. The answer is quite clear. Over 35 years ago I had a burden, or special love, for the Jewish nation. It has been my desire for those many years to share the Gospel with them on a bigger scale. I have witnessed to many locals over the years, but not being Jewish, most organizations dedicated to Jewish evangelism would not let me work with them.

What I am about to explain to you is how our great God works. In the mid 1970s I had dinner with Moishe Rosen in Denver, Colorado. He was a Jewish man that had just trusted Jesus as his Savior and one who had a real desire burning within his heart to share the Gospel with his fellow people.

Moishe started Jews For Jesus about that time. Today it is the leading Jewish missionary endeavor in the world with the best trained and zealous people whose life purpose is the salvation of their people.

Well, they have invited me, a Gentile country boy with a Jewish first name to join them in this work. When I leave NY in a little over a week I will return home to Oklahoma for only 4 days when I will return back to Manhattan for several days for training.

It seems that God has brought me back full circle from where I began. I will be part of Jews For Jesus Β and work mainly in my home area. I will also represent JFJ in churches in the Midwest and Southern states when called upon. I am doing this for no compensation. God had provided for us in my working days. I wish only to serve only my Lord finally in this area as the door has finally opened.

I’m out of time for now, I’ll return tomorrow, Lord willing.

Posted by on July 21, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

36 responses to “NYC Days 6-8

1. lulu

July 21, 2014 at 6:10 am

I was on the right track so I appreciate you filling in the blanks.

July 21, 2014 at 8:26 am

I wasn’t very good explaining the situation thinking, I suppose, that everyone knew. Have a great day!!!

2. Karen Pickering

July 21, 2014 at 6:14 am

How exciting! Thank you for explaining the situation. I wondered. God continues to do amazing things and lets us be part of it. I will continue to pray.

July 21, 2014 at 8:25 am

Karen, I’m glad some questioned me because I was taking for granted like everyone knew. I don’t know why. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. Have a great day!

July 21, 2014 at 6:21 am

Another great post Levi (and much touched by your words and the background). But 163 gallons of cold brew coffee? Wowsers! Now you are really cooking – without gas! πŸ™‚

July 21, 2014 at 7:39 am

You got it. I’ve got it down to a science. Bye, I’ve still got plenty of steam. Lol. Have a great day Paul!’n

4. Skye

July 21, 2014 at 6:44 am

How wonderfully exciting for you, Dear Levi!! I am filled with such great joy over this news!! I know they made an absolutely wonderful choice in asking you. Each day, I am happily in prayer for you, Dear Friend. You are such an inspiration in my life–I am thankful to God for you!! πŸ™‚

July 21, 2014 at 8:22 am

Dear Skye, this all happened very quickly. Thanks so much for your prayers and support. Have a great day!!!πŸ˜€

5. atimetoshare

July 21, 2014 at 8:22 am

The work you are doing is so important and I know The Lord will bless it. We were all Jews in the beginning, weren’t we?

July 21, 2014 at 9:20 am

Hey Kathy. No, we weren’t all Jews. God specifically called the Jewish people out from all the nations of the earth as His covenant people which is everlasting. Since they disobeyed God He had set them apart for awhile to graft in us Gentiles. His ways are way past us fully comprehending. Lord bless you!!!

• atimetoshare

July 21, 2014 at 10:57 am

Thanks for clarifying that, Levi. I always am blessed to learn something from you.

6. Michael

July 21, 2014 at 8:38 am

Wonderful. You’re a wonderful example in many ways, Levi. Thank God for you.

July 21, 2014 at 9:16 am

Thanks Michael and so are you. Good day brother!!πŸ˜€

7. Julie Harris

July 21, 2014 at 9:10 am

I thoroughly enjoyed reading how God has opened doors for this exciting ministry! God is good!

July 21, 2014 at 9:15 am

He is indeed Julie. Thanks as usual and I hope you have a great day. πŸ˜€

8. james1948

July 21, 2014 at 9:40 am

Thank you for the testimony on how God is still using you for His Glory.

July 21, 2014 at 9:46 am

The pleasure is mine to speak of His glorious plan and grace brother. Thanks!

July 21, 2014 at 10:35 am

“Delight yourselves in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” Ps. 37:4 He just proved it in you Levi. I’m delighted for you. That’s awesome! πŸ™‚

July 21, 2014 at 10:36 am

Thanks so much Sue. It’s all His doing!!!πŸ˜€

10. linda parvin hutchinson

July 21, 2014 at 11:43 am

What a wonderful ministry and I know you are blessed. This was a wonderful update on your background and progress. Oh, the places you will go.

July 21, 2014 at 11:51 am

I will be a traveling man from time to time and probably 3-4 inti locations a year as well. Have a great day Linda. Thanks!

11. Heather

July 21, 2014 at 7:01 pm

That’s so awesome!! Thanks for explaining Jews for Jesus– I was wondering if I had missed something in your background originally!! : ) Goes right along with a verse I read this morning- Psalm 138:8~The LORD will work out HIS plans for my life — for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever…
    Amen!!!

July 21, 2014 at 9:06 pm

My dear Heather. Thanks so much for your encouragement. He does have a plan and it has gone along with mine just my timing was way off. Lol. πŸ˜€

12. Cynthia Reyes

July 21, 2014 at 7:02 pm

What an interesting journey, Levi. thanks for sharing it with us. I was gripped by every word.

July 21, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Thanks so much Cynthia. I read the post this afternoon and noticed several mistakes so I apologize for that. I’m running so short on time that I just threw it together quickly. I appreciate your encouragement. Hope you’re well.

13. beverley

July 22, 2014 at 3:27 am

Thank you for the explanation. When Jesus was on the earth he did away with the old and brought in the new, all the old laws of sacrifice was done away with, he was asking us to simply love God and love one another. Sometimes we can get caught up in the name of a church that we miss the real meaning and that is Come unto Christ and accept him as our Saviour and redeemer and then pass the word along. You seem to be doing a perfect job πŸ™‚

14. lookingthroughanotherseyes

July 22, 2014 at 8:16 am

Absolutely fantastic, way to go Levi. Isn’t God just beyond amazing. I’ll catch you again on my query about The UN when you are home and have more time. God bless, Su x

July 22, 2014 at 11:04 am

It is so marvelous what the Lord is doing in your life, Levi! How perfect His timing is! I look forward to hearing about your adventures and travels! Love your coffee Meister title! Lol

July 22, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Thanks Elaine. There is for sure a bunch going on right now. Lord bless you!!

16. beenough

July 23, 2014 at 1:37 am

I too have a heart for Jewish women. Recently God has placed two wonderful Jewish women in my life. I am excited to hear more as you journey with JFJ. Thank you for sharing Levi.

July 23, 2014 at 4:20 am

I’m glad to hear of your burden for these women. If you ever need anything let me know. Lord bless you and enjoy the rest of your summer.πŸ˜€