Day 11 NY, A Day Off

23 Jul

Day 11 in New York was wonderful. I mentioned before that Tuesday is the day off for everybody; therefore it was time to play a little. I invited all of the stewards to breakfast because of all of the hard work that they do everyday. I will speak of them another day but they are the behind the scene people who do all of the unnoticed things that make everything REALLY run.

Since I’m not very familiar with the nice eating establishments I let them decide where we would eat. The decision was made and we ate at Maison Kayser, a French pastry shop and restaurant on Broadway. We had a very nice breakfast and conversation. The food and pastries were excellent and all had a great time.

After breakfast we all wanted to do different things and so we split up. Wayne and I decided to go downtown and see Wall Street and some other sites. I love walking the streets of New York. You can look at photos all day long but the experience is totally a human one because all of your senses are used. If I could only bottle the smells of NY, which isn’t foul, I could probably make a fortune.

imageNew York Stock Exchange

imageOne World Trade Center

image

Statue of Liberty

These are only some of the sites that were scene today. Time doesn’t allow for me go into detail about much of the day. We did make our way to Staten Island on the ferry and I was able to take some very nice pics of the skyline.

To top the day off I had a wonderful hickory smoked barbecue meal. I couldn’t believe that I found this restaurant only a block off of Park Ave. I felt like I was in Oklahoma. The food was excellent and my conversation with Wayne was great. It was a nice ending to the day.

Tomorrow morning is almost here and it’s back to the streets handing out coffee and getting into conversations about Jesus. I really can’t wait. The only reason that we are all here is to share the wonder of the cross of Christ. This is our final week of the month long campaign. Please pray that God will use us all for the remainder of the week, and that He will open hearts to the message of the Gospel.

Until next time, Lord willing,

Posted by on July 23, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

17 responses to “Day 11 NY, A Day Off

July 23, 2014 at 4:39 am

Lapping it all up – loving the lapping! Thanks as always Levi 🙂

July 23, 2014 at 4:49 am

Thank you Paul. It’s been a great trip! Have a most wonderful day friend 🙂

2. Skye @ TheSanctuaryofMyHeart

July 23, 2014 at 4:40 am

Having just been back home and seeing all those sites, you are making me so homesick. Beautiful photos, Dear Levi. I am so happy to know you had a lovely, well-deserved, day off. Blessings in abundance, Dear Friend!! 🙂

July 23, 2014 at 4:47 am

Thank you Skye. It was a fun day. This place keeps me hopping for sure but I’ve enjoyed every minute. My return trip on the 3rd will not be as much physical work but mental so it will be a change. Have a great and wonderful day. Sorry about making you homesick. Blessings dear friend!! 🙂

3. Island Traveler

July 23, 2014 at 4:52 am

I had only a glimpse of New York twice during my visits to my sister in Connecticut. I wish to experience it’s many unforgettable adventures one day without rushing. Perhaps, one amazing Autumn there. Thanks for the exciting post. Really cool!

July 23, 2014 at 4:58 am

The pleasure is mine. Autumn and I think Christmas season would be great. I plan to do so. Thanks for reading.

July 23, 2014 at 8:15 am

Sounds like a lovely day off! Sad to say that although I am from the northeast and lived a great deal of my life in CT, only a couple of hours from NYC, I have seen very little of it. Went to the UN when I was in high school and have been on 5th Ave and have driven through to points further south on the George Washington Bridge but that is it. Not sure why we put off seeing the wonderful things available so close to home! Glad you are enjoying the trip and praying for the rest of the week to go well! Blessings to all of you involved!

July 23, 2014 at 8:17 am

You have missed some good things to see. Thanks for your prayers Elaine. 😀

5. Cynthia Reyes

July 23, 2014 at 8:38 am

You’ve worked very hard, Levi and it’s good to see you getting a day to hang out and stroll the streets too.

July 23, 2014 at 11:42 am

It was fun Cynthia. I’m on the streets a lot but not like strolling yesterday. Btw, my strolling is about 4 mph. Lol. I walk pretty quickly. Have a great day!!😄

6. Michael

July 23, 2014 at 8:40 am

Love the photos and I’m glad your day was enjoyable.

July 23, 2014 at 10:05 am

Praying your week ahead is very fruitful. Beautiful pictures and glad you were able to rest. Home will be a time of processing all that the Lord’s done while you’ve been there. Blessings to you all as you continue to minister.

July 23, 2014 at 10:13 am

Thanks so much Sue. I will only be home 4 days before I return. Lord bless!!

8. a gentle iconoclast

July 23, 2014 at 9:11 pm

So glad about you and what you’re doing, Levi! Prayers for the rest of the week, next week too.
    Maria

9. beverley

July 24, 2014 at 4:51 am

Planting seeds 🙂

10. Susan Irene Fox

July 24, 2014 at 1:42 pm

How lovely. So glad you get to refill before filling all those others with the love and word of Jesus, Levi.

July 24, 2014 at 2:39 pm

It was a fun day and we all need it. Cheers, Susan!!