I Wanna Be Like This Guy When I Grow Up !!!!!!

06 Aug

There are some people that God puts into your path that just amaze you. This week I am again in New York training for ministry with Jews For Jesus. There are 13 of us in this class, but one stands out in particular to me for a particular reason.

Robert Johnson is no ordinary man. I told him that I wanted to be like him when I FINALLY grow up. You see, I’m no Spring chicken at almost 62 years old. I still have tremendous zeal and ambition and energy to serve my Lord: but will I still be like this when I am 95 years old? Great question! Will I still be alive when I’m 95 is another great question?! That is how old Robert is. He is absolutely an inspiration to me. Not because He is 95, but because of his willingness to serve The Lord.

image

Β Robert is here for one reason, and that is to learn more about Jewish evangelism. He is a true man of God that has never been a pastor or a missionary or a paid staff member of a church; but he is a godly man that has great compassion and love for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Now, can you imagine yourself still having this love and zeal at age 95 to do this? I’ll leave your answer to yourself, but I can imagine myself doing this, if God so permits.

So you may ask, how does Robert plan to put into to action some of what he learns here? He isn’t even sure how much time he will have to put into it. You see, his wife, who is 88, was just diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. He may end up being a prayer warrior for the many that are in this ministry. I mentioned to him that there are a few ways I can think of to do some of this ministry by computer. There are many ways that he can be involved in this needful work of The Lord for which he is burdened.

Really, when I’m bragging on Robert, I’m really bragging and praising the God of Heaven, that He still uses men like Robert, and myself. With God all things are possible to them that wait upon Him. When God opens the door wide open, be prepared to take those steps to go through it, no matter your age or circumstances. “For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure” Phillipians 2:13.

Robert, it has been my distinct pleasure to meet you and know you and pray with you these last few days; and to think we are only half finished. May God bless you my friend and brother; and by the way, I’m a little envious of you because you have a full head of hair and don’t wear glasses like I do. But, I do have one up on you in the hearing department. Whew!!!!

Posted by on August 6, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

26 responses to “I Wanna Be Like This Guy When I Grow Up !!!!!!

1. jameslantern

August 6, 2014 at 4:29 am

i got tears reading that,

2. Nate

August 6, 2014 at 5:06 am

Reminds me of 1 Cor 1:26-30, to paraphrase, but God chose the old things to shame the young and power.

August 6, 2014 at 8:11 am

This could apply Nate as well as other texts. Have a great day!

3. atimetoshare

August 6, 2014 at 6:51 am

Wow, God is still using Robert at his age. There’s still hope for me. This sounds like what I want to be when I grow up too! Keep spreading God’s word. You’re amazing, Levi.

4. tellthetruth1

August 6, 2014 at 7:33 am

Levi, now you know about his wife’s diagnosis, please, don’t just admire him, for his soul’s sake, HELP him. For the last five years, I’ve cared for my husband with this with no support of any description. Almost nil health or other care, no friends, family or Christians. No church. No one to pray or fellowship with and I am slowly but definitely being destroyed. This MUST NOT happen to this dear man. It just must not. Tears. 😦

August 6, 2014 at 8:22 am

Thank you for all the information and some of Roberts future needs. Unfortunately I live 1500 miles from him. Fortunately he has a good church and family willing to help. I’m sorry for your situation. May God comfort you and send relief to you.

• tellthetruth1

August 6, 2014 at 8:34 am

Isn’t that interesting. You live that far away from him. That scares me to death. Is that what’s going to happen to him, too? Everyone he contacts being much too far from him to help him? We all need to pray the prayer of Abraham. “Lord, will you destroy the righteous with the wicked? Surely not, Lord. May it be far from you to do this”: (from Genesis 18). Man, have I been there, too many times. I can only pray for his wellbeing. Thank you Levi. I’m so glad you brought him to our attention.

August 6, 2014 at 8:38 am

The pleasure is mine. We are assembled here from many locations from all around the country. The Lord is his stronghold and strength. He is in very capable hands!!

5. Family to the 5 Power!

August 6, 2014 at 8:11 am

You both are a blessing by building the Kingdom…thanks for sharing.

August 6, 2014 at 9:23 am

What a blessing!

August 6, 2014 at 10:30 am

He is indeed Elaine. A real blessing to behold!!!

7. Heather

August 6, 2014 at 9:24 am

How Awesome! God will always bless and multiply our efforts when offered with the right heart. Even when we don’t think we’re enough, God makes us enough. I want to be like YOU and Robert too when I grow up!! : ) Thanks for bragging on him and God today!

August 6, 2014 at 10:28 am

You’re right Heather. Age gas it’s limits in some areas but not in Gods economy. You are like us now and will be even more so as you get older. You’re just a kid. Lol!! πŸ˜€

• Heather

August 6, 2014 at 10:58 am

: )!! Awww thanks Levi! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

8. msauthorette

August 6, 2014 at 9:38 am

What a lovely man; thank you for sharing him with us. πŸ™‚

9. linda parvin hutchinson

August 6, 2014 at 10:26 am

Age is irrelevant. As you show in this blog, it’s never too late to make a difference. God bless.

August 6, 2014 at 10:42 am

Robert sounds like a very sweet man of God. Thanks for sharing his story. I don’t ever want to be 95 but if the Lord deems it I hope He can still use me in the nursing home. lol

August 6, 2014 at 10:44 am

Maybe you can stay out of the nursing home like Robert and keep you active. Keep moving “girl”!

11. Garden Walk Garden Talk

August 6, 2014 at 7:04 pm

With age comes wisdom. Robert must be very wise. Bless him.

August 6, 2014 at 7:18 pm

He is indeed Donna. Hope alls well with you

• Garden Walk Garden Talk

August 6, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Thank you, Levi. Things are going fine. Am a bit under the weather, but I think the actual weather has something to do with it.