Something Every Person Must Know !!!!!!

11 Aug
Something Every Person Must Know !!!!!!

Since I have only been home for a day from NYC, and am physically wiped out, I am resting today. Instead of writing a post of my own I want to share a very important fact that describes the condition of all mankind, as well as the remedy.

The three main evidences of the total depravity of man are set forth in the Word of God as follows:

(1) Man by nature, fallen in Adam, has no righteousness by which to be justified and accepted with God – “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one” (Romans 3:10);

(2) Fallen man cannot work out and establish righteousness by his best efforts to obey the law of God – “Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin” (Romans 3:20); and

(3) Man born dead in trespasses and sin does not know, desire, or seek after righteousness God’s way – by grace in and through the Lord Jesus Christ – “There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one” (Romans 3:11-12).

To save us from our depravity, Christ, as Surety of His people, must produce righteousness for us by His obedience unto death on the cross, and He must produce spiritual life within us by the Holy Spirit in the new birth. Salvation is all of His power and grace.

Bill Parker, pastor of 13th Street Baptist Church in Ashland Kentucky

Until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on August 11, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

26 responses to “Something Every Person Must Know !!!!!!

August 11, 2014 at 6:33 am

Good morning Levi: I’m sure your head is about to explode with all that new knowledge. Get some much needed rest. You’ve had a really full and exciting month. 🙂 Glad you’re back home.

August 11, 2014 at 6:36 am

Hey Sue. It’s actually not my head but my body. Lol. I woke up this morning more rested. I hadn’t slept for more than 5 hours for a month and it caught up with me. Hope all is well. 😀 Thanks!!

2. jesusmyjoy

August 11, 2014 at 7:28 am

amen

3. sage_brush

August 11, 2014 at 8:48 am

Glad you’re home safe. Rest up!

August 11, 2014 at 9:34 am

Thanks Jim. I’m good this morning and raring to go. Lol. Hope all is well. Have a great day brother!!!

4. C.J. Penn

August 11, 2014 at 8:50 am

Thank you for the thought-provoking words. For me, the foundation of all human depravity is our natural pride. And the cure for this illness is the Holy Spirit in our lives. With the humility of the Holy Spirit within us, His humility will overshadow our pride.
    Cheerio

August 11, 2014 at 9:33 am

I agree that our pride prevents us from accepting that we are ALL depraved by nature. Many believe that we all are fundamentally good, but any goodness we may have is not good enough in the sight of God since He demands perfection. You said it, only the Holy Spirit can quicken us and open our blind eyes to see the need of Jesus Who becomes our perfection. Thanks!!!

August 11, 2014 at 11:05 am

Welcome home! Glad you got a good night’s sleep for a change! Thank you for sharing the wonderful truths in your blog this morning! Such simple truths and yet we allow our pride to get in the way always! Praise the Lord for His sacrifice for us and for sending us the Holy Spirit to open our eyes and be with us!

August 11, 2014 at 11:13 am

Hey Elaine!! How are you? It’s good to be home. I’m rested today and have many things to catch up. Depravity is a very simple but the most elementary truth in the way to salvation. It’s hard for us to realize how wicked we were and are but by His grace He stands in our place and we are declared “not guilty”. Simply incredible. Have a great day!!!

6. Skye

August 11, 2014 at 1:33 pm

So glad to hear you are home. I have been away from the blogging world, but am looking forward to catching up with you. You and the words you share were sorely missed.

August 11, 2014 at 3:23 pm

I hope everything is fine with you Skye and your family. I know there’s a lot of work in the Summer outside. I haven’t written much since I’ve been traveling. Trying to get back on track now. Lol. 😀

7. Sheila

August 11, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Good to be home, isn’t it? Interesting title, for a big, seldom-used word. Mario asks often in churches what total depravity means. In the churches we visit, few have any idea at all. Much of the time, I think, modern Christianity makes people think we do God a favor by ‘accepting’ him. How sad.

August 11, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Hey Sheila. I don’t think even most church members even understand it as you said. It makes me wonder how you can are saved and don’t understand being lost kinda.

• Sheila

August 11, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Exactly! The church (we) has an overwhelming amount of teaching, books, sermons, etc. at our disposal. But it seems we drift further from, rather than closer to, good sound biblical principles. It’s good to know that we’re in the hands of a just and loving God.

August 11, 2014 at 4:58 pm

I agree “young lady”. We must just continue proclaiming the truth. The saving is entirely up to Him. That’s a relief in itself.

8. charliekb

August 11, 2014 at 5:03 pm

But if we cannot be connected to God due to our ‘un-rightousness’ and also cannot know god due to our lack of ‘understanding’, how are we to ever know who or what God is?… Because even if we were to accept Jesus, Jesus is just a manifestation of a God that we cannot understand, physically, or spiritually… I’m not trying to undermine you btw, just an honest question.

August 11, 2014 at 5:35 pm

This is not saying that we can’t know God, but when we do it is because He opens our spiritual eyes and convicts our sinful hearts that salvation from start to finish is a gift of God. Even our faith is a gift. Does this help you?

• charliekb

August 11, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Sort of, I don’t know.. I have many questions that lead to more questions, like, why did He make our hearts sinful, when only He can make them rightous. Wouldn’t it be easier to skip the middle man? I know about original sin and what not, but, why should I be punished for the sins of my father?… Seems like God plays with loaded dice to me…. Like I said I have lots of questions lol, but thanks for your answer, hope you are feeling better after a good rest 🙂

August 11, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I am feeling better. Thank you. Just to answer a bit I have to say that we aren’t punished because of Adam’s sin, but our own. Yet, it is correct to say that we are sinners because we are children of Adam. God didn’t make our hearts sinful. The wonderful thing is that the solution has been provided in Jesus. I’m glad to try to answer your questions anytime you would like, have a nice evening!

• charliekb

August 11, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Ps, don’t worry I’m not going to be pressing you for answers lol

9. donna213

August 11, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Welcome home. Very wise words in this post, yet depravity commited by man is sometimes beyond belief. I don’t see how some actions can be forgiven.

August 11, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Thank you Donna. Good to be here but I’ll be back in NY in about a month. In our human eyes we grade sins and we all have some. When comparing it to perfection anything that misses the mark is short. Jesus forgiveness can reach any sin, even the most heinous. Hope all is good with you!!!

10. Susan Irene Fox

August 13, 2014 at 1:43 pm

And there but for the grace of God go I. Welcome back, Levi.

August 13, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Absolutely right my girl. It’s good to be back but now I’m use to NYC after a month. Lol. Hope you’re settled in your new place.