Waiting, Not Running !!!!!!

11 Aug
Waiting, Not Running !!!!!!

Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. (Psalm 62:1)

Blessed posture! Waiting truly and only upon the Lord. Be this our condition all this day and every day. Waiting His leisure, waiting in His service, waiting in joyful expectation, waiting in prayer, and content. When the very soul thus waits, it is in the best and truest condition of a creature before his Creator, a servant before his Master, a child before his Father. We allow no dictation to God, nor complaining of Him; we will permit no petulance and no distrust. At the same time, we practice no running before the cloud and no seeking to others for aid: neither of these would be waiting upon God. God, and God alone, is the expectation of our hearts.

Blessed assurance! From Him salvation is coming; it is on the road. It will come from Him and from no one else. He shall have all the glory of it, for He alone can and will perform it. And He will perform it most surely in His own time and manner. He will save from doubt, and suffering, and slander, and distress. Though we see no sign of it as yet, we are satisfied to bide the Lord’s will, for we have no suspicion of His love and faithfulness. He will make sure work of it before long, and we will praise Him at once for the coming mercy.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 responses to “Waiting, Not Running !!!!!!

1. Skye

August 11, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Blessed posture! I love that–I was talking to my kids this morning about proper posture. Again–right on time; now I can present this to them as well. 🙂 Thanks, Dear Levi.

2. Heather

August 11, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Isaiah 40:31 comes to mind after reading this … : ) Another blessing of waiting upon the Lord…! Happy Monday Levi!

August 11, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Happy Monday to you too Heather!! Hope all is good with you and your family.

• Heather

August 11, 2014 at 3:57 pm

We are well even for an overcast Monday! : )

3. Annie

September 9, 2014 at 8:26 pm

WOW!! How I really need this today. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for the reminder of Him and His Son’s shining light. And so I wait, patiently…

September 9, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I am so glad to hear this, Annie. Keep patiently waiting. The King gives the commands and His timing is always correct. Blessings to you, my friend!