The Real Test of Pure Love !!!!!!

17 Aug

I do some of my best thinking and pondering while busy on my tractor, or mowing my acres of grass every week during the summer time. Today, I was moving freshly baled hay for hours and I’m only half finished. That’s okay, I have more pondering time to look forward to. The thing I kept thinking about today was love.

The word love is used a lot today. I believe that when it is spoken the feeling is there, usually. But Jesus tells us what is behind “true love”. These are Jesus words: “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13).  This is the epitome of “true love”.

I have told many people in my life that I love them, and I do have deep feelings for them when I say this. I have told a select number of people in my life that I love them with all of my heart, every single bit of it. When I say this it means there is nothing that I wouldn’t do for that persons good. Nothing!!!! I would literally lay down my life for that person. That means if it were possible, I would be willing to be banished from God if that person would come to Christ. These are strong words and it requires real true love to demonstrate this.

Fortunately for us, our perfect Example (Jesus) has demonstrated such phenomenal love by His sacrificial death for His people, and we don’t, or can’t, take someone else’s place for their sin. Paul mirrored these same words when referring to his fellow countryman, the Jewish people. “For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh” (Romans 9:3). Here is the apostle to the Gentiles stating that he was willing to suffer hell if his fellow Jewish brothers and sisters would come to Jesus. He had true love for his people and he always went to share the Gospel to them first.

I was thinking about the mission statement of Jews For Jesus who I’m affiliated with. “We exist to make the Messiahship of Jesus an unavoidable issue to our Jewish people worldwide”. What a statement, and what a mission. To sign on to this mission requires real love for these people.

Do you have this type of love and burden for the lost??? This is the greater love that Jesus is speaking of. May God give us all this burden for the lost wherever they may be; and may we sacrifice, if need be, for them.

Until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on August 17, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “The Real Test of Pure Love !!!!!!

August 17, 2014 at 5:31 am

What a wonderful ponderfull post Levi.

August 17, 2014 at 7:37 am

It can give us something to think about as we are on our quest. 😀

August 17, 2014 at 8:02 am

great post and great food for thought!

August 17, 2014 at 8:07 am

Thanks Elaine. Jesus tells us that love goes beyond emotions and and feelings. We all know that but it is displayed perfectly by Him by sacrificing Himself for His people. Have a great day.😀

3. donna213

August 17, 2014 at 11:39 am

I agree the word love is used too often and not always in reference to people. Many things we might love, but it is said in a different context. Being married formally to a Jew, I would never have thought to push Jesus on him or his family members. That is precisely what broke up the marriage, my devotion to my Christian upbringing. You really have an uphill battle to face.

August 17, 2014 at 12:50 pm

There are always some Jewish people believing in Jesus, Donna. We are only trying to find the ones with interest. Have a great day!!!😀

4. Anna

August 17, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Wonderful post to ponder! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a lovely Sunday! 🙂

5. Moore to ponder

August 17, 2014 at 6:58 pm

It is ironic that I came to your blog at this moment in hopes of sharing a prayer request for two people who have strayed…especially one of them. There have been countless days in recent months where I, as a result, have soaked my pillowcase with tears of deep sorrow…literally.

Even though I have this burden, I have yet to reached a place where I would be willing to spend an eternity in Hell in order to bring about the transformation that they need….maybe forfeit some months or years of my earthly life, but not forfeit my place that the Lord has for me in Heaven.

I would really appreciate your prayers for these two loved ones of mine.

Blessings,
    Theresa

August 17, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I would be glad to. I have a daughter as well if you would remember her. Most certainly will.

6. Moore to ponder

August 17, 2014 at 7:07 pm

I will pray. I wish I could say more but I can’t. Thank you so much.

August 17, 2014 at 7:16 pm

That’s fine. The Lord knows which is all that matters. Thank you too!!!