Do You Want The Law Or Would You Prefer Grace??????

19 Aug

Human nature desires to be saved by our obedience to the law. God’s Word says salvation must be by grace (Eph 2:5 and 8). Would you rather be saved by God’s grace or by your obedience to the law? Consider this:

The law tells us what we must do. Grace tells us what Christ has done.

The law requires you to be righteous. Grace makes a sinner righteous.

The law curses. Grace redeems from the curse of the law. The law brings condemnation. Grace brings salvation.

The law ministers to death. Grace ministers to life.

The law produces fear. Grace produces a good hope.

The law tells us to consider ourselves. Grace tells us to consider Christ.

The law tells us that God is a consuming fire. Grace tells us that God is merciful.

The law tells us that we are unable and unwilling to keep the law. Grace tells us what God is both willing and able to do for His people in Christ.

“Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law” (Gal 4:21)? If you would be saved, quit your relationship with the law and flee to Christ. By the grace of God, salvation is in Christ!

Pastor Frank Tate, Hurricane Road Grace Church in Ashland Kentucky

Until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on August 19, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

30 responses to “Do You Want The Law Or Would You Prefer Grace??????

1. Ron Whited

August 19, 2014 at 5:08 am

Wonderful teaching Levi.Human nature being what it is I guess we all gravitate toward the Law,but thanks be unto God that He reveals His grace to us through the person of His Son Jesus Christ.
    We need to remember also that we cannot pick and choose certain parts of the Law to follow.If we fail in one area we fail in all,and even if we could abide by every precept we would still come up short for none of us are justified by the works of the Law.
    What a mighty God we serve!
    Have a great day!
    Ron

August 19, 2014 at 6:25 am

Good morning, Ron. Isn’t it weird how we want to do it ourselves when He has already accomplished it? Thanks for the great comment. You have a great day as well! Hope all is good in your part of the world.

2. charlypriest

August 19, 2014 at 5:30 am

If it´s obedience to the law it´s a forceful obedience if it´s to grace it comes from the heart. My guess is that I would like to be obedient to grace. Hard one, but trying.

August 19, 2014 at 6:30 am

Charly, grace come from God to all that trust Him to be their sin bearer and Savior. In other words, He has already accomplished it on the cross for all that by faith call upon Him. Most are trying to get to Heaven by doing good works but none are good enough. Therefore, Jesus offered Himself as a substitute. He did it all and we must on trust and follow Him. Hope you are doing well there in Spain. I’m still praying for you, Charly!!!

3. Cynthia Reyes

August 19, 2014 at 6:35 am

A lovely reading, Levi.

4. Paige Hamilton

August 19, 2014 at 7:08 am

Without the law, we wouldn’t know how much we need God’s grace … so grateful for the law which opens my eyes, and yet more grateful that I do not have to live under the law because of God’s mercy extended to me.

5. msauthorette

August 19, 2014 at 9:37 am

What a wonderful topic for thought today. God has given me so much grace, and so many blessings. His forgiveness is beyond measurable. Without His grace, without His love, I wouldn’t be able to stand.
    -Kristina

August 19, 2014 at 9:53 am

You are so right and we have much to be thankful for Kristina. Have a wonderful day!!!😀

6. Heather

August 19, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Well, when you put it that way…! Absolutely Grace by a landslide!! 🙂 Thanks for great food for thought today Levi!

August 19, 2014 at 2:08 pm

My pleasure Heather! You have a wonderful rest of the day!!!😀

7. Truth2Freedom

August 19, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Reblogged this on Truth2Freedom's Blog.

8. Denine Taylor

August 19, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Today I caught myself thinking “how can I be better, so God would\could use me more?” religious spirit – sneaky little devil.

August 19, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Yes he is. Lol. We need to always be on guard. Hope you’re doing well.

9. Denine Taylor

August 19, 2014 at 7:05 pm

From Glory to Glory – More of Him less of us.

10. donna213

August 19, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I would stand on the side of Grace. It seems the much better choice.

August 19, 2014 at 9:16 pm

It’s definitely the better choice, Donna. The law just shows us how imperfect we are since we can’t keep it completely.

11. kiwiskan

August 20, 2014 at 3:55 am

Grace every time!

12. DJ Mynatt

August 20, 2014 at 7:47 am

Grace – I prefer GRACE!

13. Jonathan Price

August 20, 2014 at 10:47 am

Very true! One is based in man’s abilities — the other in God’s abilities. Grace is based in love, God’s love. I chose that!!!

14. Stacy Tolbert

August 20, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Amazing Grace!!! If I tried to live by the law I would have a first class ticket straight to Hell. I thank our God daily for His AMAZING GRACE. Blessings to you brother Levi.

August 20, 2014 at 1:23 pm

You’re right, Stacy. The law just makes me see how sorry I am. I appreciate you man!! Lord bless you!!

15. tellthetruth1

August 21, 2014 at 1:16 pm

This is so incredibly helpful, Levi, and helps me to understand something I struggled with for the first four years of my Walk. Answers something I needed to know. Thank you for this page, my precious Brother.

August 21, 2014 at 1:41 pm

It’s my pleasure and I’m so happy that this had helped you. Many after they are saved try to work to earn but the full price had already been paid and given as a gift. Grace!!!! Thanks for sharing this as its an encouragement to me!!!😀

16. mdetweiler

August 21, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I am commenting on this post by posting an excerpt from my book When Religion Isn’t Enough. Here’s the excerpt:

New covenant churches believe in and follow the teachings of Jesus (salvation by faith). Old covenant churches believe in and follow the Law of Moses (salvation by works). New covenant churches teach relationship. Old covenant churches teach religion. John Fischer, in his book 12 Steps for the Recovering Pharisee (like me), explains this quite clearly. He states: “The Old Covenant requires a standard of performance and a reason to be obedient to it. But the standard, in its truest form, is impossible to pull off consistently. It could be argued that this is the whole point of God’s dealings with humanity through the covenants. The Old Covenant is there to break us, to show us that we cannot live according to its precepts – that sin and selfishness dwell in us to a significant degree so as to rule out the possibility of following even the clear call of Jesus to love God, self, and others. This inability to follow the standard, along with its accompanying humility, qualifies us for a Savior – someone who will fulfill the law on our behalf and grant us righteousness as a free gift. This is God’s grace as given to us in the New Covenant through the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”
    New covenant churches focus on the heart. Old covenant churches focus on behavior. New covenant churches are led by spiritual leaders. Old covenant churches are led by religious leaders. New covenant churches are inclusive. Old covenant churches are exclusive.
    To illustrate the difference between an old covenant church and a new covenant church let’s take a look at an actual event that occurred during Jesus’s earthly ministry. “Then Jesus went over to their synagogue, where he noticed a man with a deformed hand. The Pharisees asked Jesus, ‘Does the law permit a person to work by healing on the Sabbath?’ … And he answered, ‘If you had a sheep that fell into a well on the Sabbath, wouldn’t you work to pull it out? Of course you would. And how much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Yes, the law permits a person to do good on the Sabbath.’ Then he said to the man, ‘Hold out your hand.’ So the man held out his hand, and it was restored, just like the other one! Then the Pharisees called a meeting to plot how to kill Jesus” (Matthew 12: 9-14).
    If this were to happen in today’s world an old covenant church would be upset that the rules were broken. A new covenant church would celebrate the healing.

August 21, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Thank you for the excerpt. I agree with all you’ve said. I will go to Amazon to look for the book. Thanks so much!!!