He Gives Us Everything That We Need !!!!!!

21 Aug

In Acts 1:1-7 Luke writes this – In the first book, O Theophilus, I have dealt with all that Jesus began to do and teach, until the day when he was taken up, after he had given commands through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen. He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God. And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now. ”So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority”.

Jesus had spent a lot of time with His disciples and yet they were still confused. They were confused about His life, His ways, His death, His resurrection, His promises, and His kingdom.

I think this is shown to us by the disciple’s last question that they asked Jesus, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?” They still didn’t fully understand Jesus message and His purpose. They took His words and translated them into what they thought He should be saying or doing according to their interpretation of Bible prophecy. They thought Jesus was talking about a physical kingdom.

My, how often do we do this? When we take His words and change them into what we think He “should” be saying or doing. How did Jesus respond to them? “It is not for you to know “. These words need to be highlighted in all of our Bibles. When we start to get insistent with the Lord, when we get demanding, or when we think we know better we need to remember these words: “It is not for you to know!” We don’t need to know everything! We will never know His complete master plan before we do our part. I think that is why a lot of the time we sit and don’t do anything that Jesus has instructed us to.The Bible doesn’t promise that we will understand before, during, or even after a project (I’m not talking about understanding Scripture, but understanding God’s purposes for the things He commands). What kind of faith would it take if we always knew how things were going to turn out before we started them?

We all fall short in this area. What has God called you to do that you don’t understand and haven’t done?

Until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on August 21, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

28 responses to “He Gives Us Everything That We Need !!!!!!

August 21, 2014 at 4:57 am

“What has God called you to do that you don’t understand and haven’t done?”
    Pull up a chair Levi, pour yourself a coffee, this could be a long conversation …
    Thank you.

August 21, 2014 at 6:30 am

And it would be a good one too, Paul. I would love it. We can’t worry about missed opportunities now but be more trusting to His leading in the future. Have a great day!!😀

August 21, 2014 at 6:06 am

Good morning Levi: I think 95% of my Christian walk has been doing without understanding. I’ve said for a long time now, “Just do what He wants. You don’t have to understand it.” Boy did you nail this one. 🙂 I join paulfg, get the coffee and a comfortable chair. Have a great day.

August 21, 2014 at 6:33 am

Good morning to you!! And I remember you writing about your blind moves. You’re an example in this area, Sue. Have a great day and stay out of the heat.

3. Karen Pickering

August 21, 2014 at 6:42 am

Thank you for this reminder, Levi. God’s ways are far above mine. Someday I will understand all the purposes and paths He led me down. My job is to simply follow.

Liked by 2 people

August 21, 2014 at 6:47 am

Good morning, Karen. Yes, I’m sure we may be shocked in Heaven to see some of the results we have been a part of unbeknownst to us.

4. Lilka Raphael

August 21, 2014 at 10:42 am

Simply wonderful post! I needed that reminder 🙂

August 21, 2014 at 10:44 am

I’m so glad it’s what the Doctor ordered for you this morning, Lilka. 😀 have a great day!!!

5. linda parvin hutchinson

August 21, 2014 at 11:17 am

The disciples give me hope. They were so close to Jesus and yet they were often clueless. I just love that Jesus loved them in spite of their failings. There is hope for all of us.

August 21, 2014 at 11:19 am

He is our hope. I agree, it seems hard to fathom how He puts up with us but He DOES!!!😀😀

6. Denine Taylor

August 21, 2014 at 4:13 pm

so your saying I should quit going in circles trying to figure the things out He has not told me yet??? Eureka!! I hadn’t thought of that.. Thanks Levi!!

August 21, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Lol, now you have. Relax and trust. I know it’s sounds easier than it is to do but it really is that simple.

7. T

August 21, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Very good and very thought provoking post! I decided to hi-light the words “It’s not for you to know” in my Bible. Thank you SO much!

8. Garden Walk Garden Talk

August 21, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Is there an answer on the restored Kingdom to Israel if not in a literal manner? Is it what we are not to know? I am confused like I am often in religious matters.

August 21, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Hello Donna. The disciples, even after following Jesus for 3 years still thought that He had come as Messiah to rule at that time. They still didn’t understand that He must die and be resurrected first before He returns again to restore Israel and all believers in Him in the new heavens and new earth. Does this help!!

August 21, 2014 at 9:28 pm

“What has God called you to do that you don’t understand and haven’t done?” I am very sure there is a myriad of things. I find that I have difficulty at times -many times- knowing just what it is He wants me to do. Other times they just jump out and grab me. Frustrating for sure! Yep pull up another chair and pour another cup of coffee, my friend!

August 21, 2014 at 9:31 pm

As with all of us. Part of my problem may be the opposite at times. He shows me in either case. Hope you’re doing well, young lady. 😀

• Elaine

August 21, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Doing very well, thanks! all settled now and finding other things to be active in, like working harder at exercising. With my surgery behind me and healed pretty much, it was nice to find out that I can easily walk on the treadmill at the gym now! Previously I could only use a recumbent bike and for a long time, nothing! Praise God! I joined a gym and started going this week! Hope all is well with you as well!

10. a gentle iconoclast

August 21, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Thank you, Levi! I will think about this and pray. I seem to be at a turning point. God bless you!

11. Susan Irene Fox

August 22, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Gee, Levi, correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t it say somewhere in the Bible that God’s thoughts and ways are not mine? In fact, that they’re far above mine? 😉 I’ve come to rely on that little piece of Scripture when I know He’s called me to something and haven’t a clue why. Clearly, He knows something I don’t, and will either reveal it or not. Most times, I’m just humbled and honored to step into His plan. Great post.

August 22, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Susan, I think you’re right, uhhhh, yep, you are! Sometimes we don’t want to move until we know the whole plan. That’s where the faith comes in. Thank you my girl. Have a great weekend!!!😀