Love and Seek True Wisdom !!!!!!

23 Aug
Love and Seek True Wisdom !!!!!!

I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. (Proverbs 8:17)

Wisdom loves her lovers and seeks her seekers. He is already wise who seeks to be wise, and he has almost found wisdom who diligently seeks her. What is true of wisdom in general is specially true of wisdom embodied in our Lord Jesus. Him we are to love and to seek, and in return we shall enjoy His love and find Himself.

Our business is to seek Jesus early in life. Happy are the young whose morning is spent with Jesus! It is never too soon to seek the Lord Jesus. Early seekers make certain finders. We should seek Him early by diligence. Thriving tradesmen are early risers, and thriving saints seek Jesus eagerly. Those who find Jesus to their enrichment give their hearts to seeking Him. We must seek Him first, and thus earliest. Above all things Jesus. Jesus first and nothing else even as a bad second.

The blessing is that He will be found. He reveals Himself more and more clearly to our search…. Happy men who seek One who, when He is found, remains with them forever, a treasure growingly precious to their hearts and understandings.

Lord Jesus, I have found Thee; be found of me to an unutterable degree of joyous satisfaction.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

7 responses to “Love and Seek True Wisdom !!!!!!

1. Stacy Tolbert

August 23, 2014 at 11:26 am

Levi, in the day and time in which we live now, where the spirit of deception is running wild, we need godly wisdom like never before. I thank our God for making His wisdom available to all who will seek after it, and I also thank our God for you, and for the wisdom that He has given you brother, continue to walk in it. Have a great weekend.

August 23, 2014 at 11:36 am

Stacy, I’m not trying to be humble or anything but I am nothing without Jesus. He is Wisdom personified. Deception is everywhere and we must be on guard lest we are also deceived. Blessings to you my brother!!!

2. Heather

August 23, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I find myself praying for wisdom a lot so it’s comforting to read that Jesus IS wisom and he who seeks to be wise is already wise! Thanks for sharing all these articles and thoughts day to day Levi!

August 23, 2014 at 12:49 pm

It’s my pleasure, Heather. I hope you’re feeling better! If you are on Facebook would you go to my new page of Jews For Jesus Tulsa please?

• Heather

August 23, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Thanks Levi…still mending (hopefully!) And i will definitely go look for your new page on FB. Have a great weekend!

3. wisediscerner

August 23, 2014 at 6:40 pm

I once had a man ask me if I believed that we could have wisdom on our own. I told him that I believed that our wisdom comes from God. And he said, Yeah, but why would God not let us have our own wisdom? I told him that in my opinion, I can do nothing without Christ, and that even though God gives us a free will to make choices on our own, that I believed that it is He who gives me the capability to be able to understand, so therefore, I believe that it is He who gives me the wisdom to know right from wrong, good or bad, and that I would NEVER take credit for anything that I do, away from God, because it is He who gives me the know how so that I can understand how to do things to begin with. Proverbs 2:6-8 (CEV) says that “All wisdom comes from the Lord, and so do common sense and understanding. God gives helpful advice to everyone who obeys him and protects all of those who live as they should. God sees that justice is done, and he watches over everyone who is faithful to him.” Thank you for sharing that, Levi, I always enjoy the Spurgeon sermons. May God bless you this evening!