New Mercies Every Morning !!!!!!

25 Aug

“The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end” (Lamentations 3:22).

I want to share something with you this morning. I have been a child of God now for almost 50 years, and almost every day He still blows me away. I wake up every morning with anticipation of what God is going to do in, or through my life that day.

Yesterday morning was no different. The first thing I do after dressing, and starting the tea kettle, is to check my emails. There are typically many, and they are rated as far as importance. Some peoples emails go straight to the top.

I noticed one from a dear brother in another state, and I opened it first. It had arrived only minutes before I opened them up. As I read the first words I became very alarmed because the first sentence was very solemn, but they were controlled words. It stated that he had been awakened at 4am with some chest pains. This letter was written at 5:19am.

The letter was addressed to myself, and his only son, who I have never spoken to, or ever met. The essence of the letter was first, for his son and me to connect with each other. Secondly, there was a list of things that he wanted fulfilled, and the names of several people to be contacted, in a very specific order, along with all contact information.

As I thought about this I first wondered of the condition of my friend. I felt that it was too early to call him, so I didn’t, but I began praying. I was very surprised that he had included me along with his only son to have some part when he departs for Heaven since we had never discussed anything like this before.

I went ahead and made my way to the coffee shop, as usual, and couldn’t wait for 8am to come so that I could call my friends number. As soon as I left the coffee shop and jumped into my Jeep at 8am I made the call. To my pleasant surprise he answered his phone on the 2nd ring. My friend is a very proper, well spoken man, and when I heard him in normal speech and tone I was very relieved.

I said “how are you *******?” He said “oh, brother Levi, I’m fine. I was just a little alarmed this morning”. Without another breath he goes on to tell me to pray for a rabbi that he had breakfast with the day before. He gave the rabbi some things to think about and the rabbi actually listened to him and asked to meet with him again very soon. This is very encouraging, and if you knew the full story you would be encouraged as well.

That is my friend to a T, always thinking about others. His mind is always on how to help and pray for others on the “thing” that really matters; What is it that really matters? The Gospel! No, he is not paid to do any of this, this is my friends life, serving others; but he will be rewarded greatly in Heaven; And yet, he never is thinking about the rewards either. He is only concerned with what God will do through him that day.

You see, my friend is in a passionate love affair with a person. Not just any old person, but The Person of Jesus. This is why he is always about the business of helping others. Isn’t this what Jesus was ALL about?

We talked a few minutes about the things that we needed, and wanted to discuss, and off the phone we were. We both had important things to do. What a blessing this friend is to me. What a gift of God he is. What a tender mercy he was to me that morning.

This is the promise from The Lord to His people, “The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end”.

Lavish yourself in God’s love today, and don’t forget to thank Him for those tender mercies.

Shalom, until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on August 25, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

42 responses to “New Mercies Every Morning !!!!!!

August 25, 2014 at 4:31 am

“my friend is in a passionate love affair with a person” – how infrequently I read “God stuff” written in these words. I always wonder why.
    Lovely post Levi, thank you.

August 25, 2014 at 6:15 am

Good morning/afternoon to you Paul. I don’t know the answer to your question, but would have to guess. We really can have a very personal relationship with Jesus as you know. Thanks Paul!!!

2. InfiniteZip

August 25, 2014 at 4:37 am

A nice story for my morning coffee, thank you for your words of wisdom friend, have a peaceful and blessed day 🙂

3. jesusmyjoy

August 25, 2014 at 4:43 am

amazing God is amazing.

4. atimetoshare

August 25, 2014 at 7:16 am

What a beautiful story, Levi. God never stops amazing me either. Have a great week!

August 25, 2014 at 9:45 am

Thank you, Kathy. The Lord God is TOTALLY amazing!! What a privilege it is to be in Jesus. You have a great week as well!!!

• atimetoshare

August 25, 2014 at 10:20 am

I will do my best!

5. Sharon

August 25, 2014 at 7:57 am

Thank you for sharing this testimony of your friend. O to have our priorities in the right place. Concern for others even when we may be headed immediately home to glory. Would that be considered laying down our life for another? God’s steadfast love spilling over into the lives of others. His mercies are great and thankful for His steadfast love.

August 25, 2014 at 9:49 am

My friend really has his priorities set. When he proposed to his wife many years ago it went something like this- I would like to marry you. I promise to always love you second, because I will always love God more. Romantic he probably isn’t, but a heart set on fire for The Lord he is. You always know where you are with him. Thanks, Sharon and have a great day!!!

6. kcg1974

August 25, 2014 at 8:01 am

A beautiful story of your friend and the world of God, Levi. Thank you on this Monday morning,

7. Lilka Raphael

August 25, 2014 at 8:09 am

Great testimony, Levi. It offers not only a great example of how we should think of others above ourselves but “new mercies every morning” really struck a cord with me today. I need to hear that so, thank you!

August 25, 2014 at 9:51 am

I’m glad you were blessed this morning, Raphael. I hope your day is blessed!!! Count those blessings and tender mercies.😀

8. Garden Walk Garden Talk

August 25, 2014 at 8:16 am

This really is a beautiful story, and it was good your friend was fine. I often think about that day coming and how it will just be an end to my story. One day here, they next not. It is comforting to think there is a better place too.

August 25, 2014 at 9:53 am

Good morning, Donna. What a comfort to know that this world is not the best, or all there is to life. God’s people have a future of untold glory! Have a great day!!😀

9. Heather

August 25, 2014 at 8:39 am

I have always loved this vers!Sometimes all there is is to got to bed praying and know that God will be there in the morning. Glad to hear your friend was alright!

August 25, 2014 at 9:55 am

Good morning, Miss Heather!! This verse is a good one that we should think upon often. My friend is good. Already talked to him this morning. I hope you’re feeling better as well!! 🙂

• Heather

August 25, 2014 at 10:34 am

Awesome! I’m surviving step by step! Have a great day Levi!

10. Stacy Tolbert

August 25, 2014 at 11:22 am

Levi, an old saying popped into my mind as you explained your friend’s willingness to serve selflessly. I don’t think we can find this saying written in the word of our God, but it fits here, which is: birds of the same feather flock together. I pray that God continue to richly bless you and your friend with good health and long, long life. The Ministry that God has given the both of you is very beneficial for us younger men who are following hard after our Lord and Savior. I thank God for you and all those who serve in God’s army as faithfully as you do. You have a great day brother Levi.

August 25, 2014 at 11:29 am

Thanks, as always, Stacy. May The Lord gird up your loins to fight the good fight of faith. You’re in my prayers and I thank God for you! I wish we could have a talk sometime!!

• Stacy Tolbert

August 25, 2014 at 11:47 am

Thanks for your prayers, and I appreciate you too my brother. I would also love to talk with you, I wish we lived closer. I would love to have you as my mentor, but I will give you my ph # so we can talk sometime (616) 617-2725. If I don’t answer when you call please leave a message and I will surely return your call. Thanks Levi!

August 25, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Sounds great, I will put your number in my phone. Have a great day!

• Stacy Tolbert

August 27, 2014 at 10:19 am

Brother Levi thank you for connecting me to big brother Robert Johnson. I talked with Him on yesterday and was really blessed by our conversation and his testimony. He is surely a living testimony of the goodness of our Lord. Brother Robert is 95, I’m 43 and his mind is as sharp, or sharper than mine. I look forward to fellowshiping with our big brother often. He told me to ask you about ways of saving 5-10 present out of every one hundred dollars that I make. I look forward to receiving the wisdom that you both are so willing to share. Thanks again for being you Levi. Have a great day and I talk to you soon.

August 27, 2014 at 10:27 am

He told me yesterday that he spoke with you. How did you hook up with Robert? You’re right, his mind is sharp as a tack. If you need anything, it’s best by email for personal things. Lord bless you today!!!

• Stacy Tolbert

August 27, 2014 at 10:36 am

He called me on Monday, but I could not answer so he left a message saying that he was your 95 yr old friend. So I called him back yesterday, and I am so glad I did.I will definitely email you Brother, our big brother Robert said that you are the man to talk to about saving money, and I need to learn how to save money. Can I find your email address on your blog site?

August 27, 2014 at 10:42 am

I’m curious, Stacy. How did Bob get your number? I don’t have your number, do I? Anyway, my email is jewsforjesustulsa@gmail.com. I’ll give you my phone number on the email if you need it.

• Stacy Tolbert

August 27, 2014 at 10:45 am

Ok sounds great, and yes I gave you my number last week 🙂

August 27, 2014 at 10:47 am

Ok. Sounds great!

11. Meredith

August 25, 2014 at 1:12 pm

I’m praying for the Rabbi as well. Will you pray for my granddaughters? All my hope is in the one who redeems.

August 25, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Thank you so much Meredith, and I will add your granddaughters to my list. Blessings to you!!

August 25, 2014 at 10:40 pm

What an inspiring story! So glad your friend is doing okay. He has an amazing attitude as do you as well.

August 26, 2014 at 10:10 am

He is a remarkable man, Elaine. Hope you’re doing well.

• Elaine

August 26, 2014 at 10:37 am

He seems so! I am well and prsy the same is for you and your family

August 26, 2014 at 12:14 pm

We are all doing well except it’s terribly hot. But, it’s still summer. Thanks for asking.

13. jameslantern

August 26, 2014 at 1:08 am

“mercy”not getting the bad we deserve