Yesterday !!!!!!

02 Sep

My Labor Day was a great one. I labored. Since I’m retired I always have something going on. I can’t believe that since my regular coffee shop was closed, and I had no place to go, I actually slept until close to 8 o’clock. Wow!!! I’m almost always up by 5am. I was so rested that I had energy to burn.

This morning was cooler than it has been. It was 70 when I woke up and it was cloudy. After breakfast, I decided I wanted to clean out my flower beds and do some cleaning up. It didn’t take long because I don’t let my beds get out of hand.

The main project I had planned for the day was to dismantle a shed. I had taken the roof off earlier in the week. There was nothing wrong with the shed, but I didn’t need it where it was located any longer.

Building materials are expensive today, so I didn’t just want to tear it down with my tractor and front end loader. Had I done it this way the shed would have been history in minutes. I could have taken the debris to my junk pile on the other side of the pasture, and I would have been in the air- conditioning within 45 minutes. Instead, I dismantled it screw by screw and piece by piece. When I removed the layer of tin from the frame I couldn’t believe all that was under it.

image

There was a small beehive, and mud robbers nest, and wasps nest built on the wall under the tin outer layer. You would have never known by looking from the outside of the building what was under the veneer.

I started thinking about people’s lives and the outer shells that we all see. We can’t see all of the scars and problems and concerns unless we get to know a person some. We all have them. Every single one one of us have trials and failures and tribulations and questions. Me included! As many wonderful things that The Lord blesses me with, and uses me in, I still have the same weaknesses and problems that each of us have.

When I’m told of some troubling event by a person that I’ve never experienced I don’t have the same sensitivity to it that the person has because I have never been in that persons shoes in that situation. But I have great comfort in my biggest Confidant., because I know the Great Comforter. My Comforter has experienced it all. There is no trial or tribulation or feeling or emotion that Jesus didn’t also experience.

“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:15-16).

Run to Him today and shoot square with Him. Bear your heart to Him. Tell Him ALL. He fully understands, because He has been there.  As I have said before, He is your biggest Fan.

Shalom, until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on September 2, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

27 responses to “Yesterday !!!!!!

1. InfiniteZip

September 2, 2014 at 4:27 am

Lovely my hard working friend:) have a beautiful cool day:) zip

September 2, 2014 at 5:58 am

Thank you, Zippy!!! It’s gonna be hot again around here. Fortunately, I’ve 3 good trips planned over the next few weeks. Should be good. Hope you’re doing well! 😀🌺

• InfiniteZip

September 2, 2014 at 10:28 am

Ready for another long weekend…I wish:) doing good:)

September 2, 2014 at 11:29 am

Next are the big holidays. Not that far off now. Peace my girl!!!💐

2. mzpresser

September 2, 2014 at 4:57 am

Amen and Amen!

3. atimetoshare

September 2, 2014 at 6:47 am

Wonderful words of advice as usual, Levi. Glad you got to sleep in yesterday. Isn’t it cool how our everyday experiences give us fodder for new lessons to share with others. You have that gift. Thanks!

September 2, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Thank you, Kathy. Hope you had a great day with the children,

4. Paige Hamilton

September 2, 2014 at 7:02 am

🙂 Your posts are always encouraging.

5. jameslantern

September 2, 2014 at 8:36 am

is that place texas?

6. Michael

September 2, 2014 at 10:09 am

Glad you were able to sleep in. Does wonders for the body! Seventies sound good. The heat and extreme humidity is getting started again here. We’ve had a mild summer, but the swelter has returned. I sure would’ve loved to help you dismantle that shed. Oh yeah, good application, too. God bless, Levi!

September 2, 2014 at 11:31 am

Hey Michael. It was 70 when I woke up but 96 when I finished. Lol. It’s still summer here too. Hopefully it’ll soon be over. I’ve got 3 trips planned in the next few weeks to get me out of this heat. I wish you could have been here too. Have a great rest of the day!!!

September 2, 2014 at 10:43 am

Great post with lots of encouragement in it! I like hearing the way you apply every day events in our lives to what the Lord gives us and how He is always there for us for every little thing!

September 2, 2014 at 11:27 am

Thanks Elaine. It’s such a joy to know that God isn’t a far off impersonal God. He is so personal and should be our greatest joy. Have a great day!!

• Elaine

September 2, 2014 at 11:28 am

🙂 same to you!

8. DJ Mynatt

September 2, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Great post, Levi! It reminds me of a saying,”the person you really are… is the person you are when you are all alone.”

We are adept at hiding our faults (and sometimes our sins) but God knows. I’m glad he kept you protected from being stung (or harmed) when taking down the shed… He knew just what was there.

September 2, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Thanks, Donna. God is always with His people through thick and thin for His glory. Have a great rest of your day!!!

9. Maniparna Sengupta Majumder

September 3, 2014 at 4:33 am

Encouraging and inspiring post…. 🙂

September 3, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Wow you weren’t kidding yesterday when you said you worked during Labor day!

11. Moore to ponder

September 4, 2014 at 12:40 am

This is such a great post! I liked the analogy of the hidden messes. Sometimes I feel like I am 100% mess. It is a comfort to be reminded that the Lord understands.

Blessings,
    Theresa

September 4, 2014 at 5:33 am

We are all messes, Theresa. The Lord loves taking big messes and remolding us. The process is slow it seems many times. I’m in your same boat. Have a splendid day my friend!!!😀