A Strong Heart !!!!!!

06 Sep
A Strong Heart !!!!!!

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. (Psalm 27:14)

Wait! Wait! Let your waiting be on the Lord! He is worth waiting for. He never disappoints the waiting soul.

While waiting keep up your spirits, Expect a great deliverance, and be ready to praise God for it.

The promise which should cheer you is in the middle of the verse—”He shall strengthen thine heart.” This goes at once to the place where you need help. If the heart be sound, all the rest of the system will work well. The heart wants calming and cheering, and both of these will come if it be strengthened. A forceful heart rests and rejoices and throbs force into the whole man.

No one else can get at that secret urn of life, the heart, so as to pour strength into it. He alone who made it can make it strong. God is full of strength, and, therefore, He can impart it to those who need it. Oh, be brave; for the Lord will impart His strength to you, and you shall be calm in tempest and glad in sorrow.

He who penned these lines can write as David did—”Wait, I say, on the Lord.” I do, indeed, say it. I know by long and deep experience that it is good for me to wait upon the Lord.

C.H. Spurgeon, Faith’s Checkbook

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

7 responses to “A Strong Heart !!!!!!

1. mdetweiler

September 6, 2014 at 7:59 am

This really spoke to my heart this morning as I am in a season of waiting and the waiting is getting very difficult for me.

September 6, 2014 at 8:08 am

Great news! May The Lord give you rest and comfort. Have a better weekend!!!

2. Lisa

September 6, 2014 at 9:23 am

This is an answer to prayer. I’ve been searching as to why I have been kept in this “dark pocket” for so long. I’ve read scripture, recalled everything he has told me. This testing period has been so harsh. I have questioned myself to no end.

September 6, 2014 at 11:06 am

Lisa, I’m so glad it has helped you. The time that are tough looking back in my life have been most beneficial. I pray that the same will be for you!!

September 9, 2014 at 2:25 am

This really ministered to me…was anxious over some things concerning ministry but what I need to do is wait upon Him

September 9, 2014 at 7:46 am

Great. Mr. Spurgeon can minister to all of us. Have a great day!!