Perfect Coincidences !!!!!!

08 Sep

As my regular followers know, I was in NYC for a few weeks this summer working in the Jews For Jesus 2014 Outreach. After I returned home I stopped by the OSU Extension office to say hello to everyone. I typically work there at least a day a week as a Master Gardener. Most everyone knew where I had been and what I had been doing, but a few didn’t.

One of the fellows said “long time no see, where ya been?” I took a seat in his office and shared with him where I had been and what I had been doing. I could tell from the look on his face that he was dazzled. He looked up at me and said “why did you want to do that?” I told him that I have had a particular love and burden for the Jewish people for all of my adult life. I went there to tell them that Jesus was the only answer to them as well as everyone else.

He made a few comments and I began to share Jesus with him. He was willing to talk about Jesus, but not in a personal way. This was the perfect opportunity to share the Gospel with him, and within minutes he had tears in his eyes. It was right at that time that someone that had an appointment with him appeared and it ended our talk. He had given me about 30 minutes of his time. Or should I say, the Lord gave us 30 minutes together? That was 4 weeks ago.

I have been back to work at the Extension office 3 times since that incident, but no opportunity to speak with him during these times. A fellow Master Gardener asked me if I would take his shift for Friday afternoon, to which I agreed. There are typically 3 of us in the office that work the phones and take care of the walk- ins. On Friday, no one came to work but me. It rarely happens, but I have done it before and have taken care of the tasks, but I stayed quite busy. This past Friday it was only steady, and as I had everything caught up, guess who walked in?

In his hand was a big thick book name “Jesus” A Theography. I looked at the book but it was a 500-600 page book so I couldn’t do much but read the front and the back covers. What it did do was re-open the previous conversation. He began to tell me about the book and I listened to him. He was talking about everything but Jesus. He was talking about churches and religions and all kinds of stuff except the Subject of the book.

When he was finished, without a phone call or another person to distract us, I again shared the Gospel to him. He attentively listened and shook his head in agreement. I never once mentioned a church or religion; my subject matter was the Person of Jesus, the Savior, the only hope for mankind. Again, just as I finished my presentation, a person walked in with a half-dead tree branch wanting to know what it’s problems were. Before my friend walked out I handed him a Gospel of John to read. I asked him to read it and that we would discuss it next time.

The Lord has had too many “coincidences” with this gentleman. I say the hound dogs of Heaven are on his trail. Please pray for this gentleman that the Holy Spirit will quicken him and bring him to a saving faith in the real Jesus.

Shalom until tomorrow, Lord willing,

Posted by on September 8, 2014 in Christianity, Faith, Religion

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

29 responses to “Perfect Coincidences !!!!!!

1. Naomi

September 8, 2014 at 4:30 am

Such an encouraging post on witnessing Levi, thanks so much for sharing. I also love that you are sharing the gospel with God’s special people, the Israelites. Yes, they rejected their Messiah when He came to visit them, but the bible teaches that God isn’t finished with them. One day they will turn to Him in repentance (after the Great Tribulation) and He will save them as a nation.

As believers now, we are blessed to be part of the Church, or Christ’s bride. I pray that as many Israelites as possible will be saved and join us too.

September 8, 2014 at 8:46 am

Thank you, Naomi. God isn’t finished at all with the Jewish nation. I’m thankful that He has grafted us into the the Tree. Have a great day!!!

2. wisediscerner

September 8, 2014 at 4:50 am

Wonderful story, and I will be in prayer and in agreement with you that the Holy Spirit will soften this man’s heart and open his understanding to receive Jesus as his Lord and Savior, in Jesus name. May God bless you today!

September 8, 2014 at 8:47 am

Thank you, Sherlyn. I believe that God will save this man. Have a great day !

3. The Soldier's Sanctuary

September 8, 2014 at 4:59 am

Father, Lord Jesus
    You are our most holy and wonderful God. Why you have captured the hearts of your people in the manner you have, we may never completely understand on this side of Heaven. We thank you for your mercy and grace and pray for the Jewish people you have promised to never forsake. May many come to the saving knowledge that you have given us in your blessed and sacred person who is none other than Jesus Christ our Lord.
    In Jesus Name. Amen

September 8, 2014 at 8:48 am

Thank you for the wonderful prayer. Amen. May His Sunshine be upon you today!

4. tellthetruth1

September 8, 2014 at 4:59 am

I would also ask for prayer, Levi, but I don’t want to put the subject on an open forum. Wish us lot had a PM service on here! Loved this page, xx

September 8, 2014 at 8:51 am

I will be in prayer for you today. I’ve really enjoyed the acts12movement prayer site. Have you been there? Blessings to you today!

5. Skye

September 8, 2014 at 5:04 am

Praying for this gentleman and that the “hound dogs of Heaven” will continue their hot pursuit. I know they will. God is so very good. Bless you and your previous heart, Dear Levi. You are an inspiration to me always.

Happy Monday!! Have a great day!!

6. atimetoshare

September 8, 2014 at 6:34 am

I love this! The fact that you talked about Jesus rather than a specific church or religion is so down to earth and door opening. We all need to be this way – less judgmental and more welcoming with the Gospel. It is a precious gift meant to be shared. Keep up the good work, Levi!

September 8, 2014 at 9:25 am

Kathy, when I share the Gospel I never talk about my church or any church. To me that’s putting the cart before the horse. Church won’t save anybody. Have a great day!!😀

7. K. Q. Duane

September 8, 2014 at 7:51 am

May God continue to bless your ministry Levi. It always amazes me what depleted lives people chose to lead in their deliberate efforts to either ignore, or deny, Jesus as Lord. Their concerted effort to deny Jesus is God is really a form of, at the very least, self-denial and at the very worst, insanity. These people have to work really hard to convince themselves that Jesus is not their Savior, especially the Jews, who have ALL the facts, and the truths, at their fingertips. No wonder so many are outright miserable people.

September 8, 2014 at 9:27 am

You said. Life is basically miserable without hope and we know only Jesus offers true hope. Thanks for your encouragement and comment.

8. Karen Pickering

September 8, 2014 at 8:03 am

Levi, I will pray for him. That the Lord would continue to provide opportunities, that Satan wouldn’t get in the way of him making a decision. Also that God would bring other people into his path that would confirm what you are saying to him. Most of all that God’s word, itself, would convict and make him ready to respond.

September 8, 2014 at 9:28 am

Thank you, Karen. I know I can count on you! Lord bless you today!!

September 8, 2014 at 8:55 am

No “accident” here! God will bring people to those He knows will show them truth. Praying the enemy’s tactics of diversion is thwarted.

September 8, 2014 at 9:29 am

And I appreciate your prayers, Sue. You’re another one I can count on.

10. Stacy Tolbert

September 8, 2014 at 9:57 am

If those hound dogs of Heaven are on this man’s trail he will not get away… Prayers are going up now for his total surrender, submission and repetence, as well as for your continued effectiveness in your ministry. I thank God for you Brother Levi… Have a great day.

September 8, 2014 at 10:10 am

Thank you, Stacy. I know you will pray for Him. May The Lord smile upon your day!!

11. Julie Harris

September 8, 2014 at 10:39 am

I will be praying for him… No coincidences at all- only God-incidents!

September 8, 2014 at 10:45 am

Thanks Julie! I think it is divine providence or God-incidents as you so cutely expressed them. Have a great day!!

12. mzpresser

September 8, 2014 at 7:31 pm

I love this and just love when He open a door. This is so awesome!

13. Michael

September 9, 2014 at 9:56 am

It’s wonderful watching the Holy Spirit work in people’s lives! Praying for your ministry to him as well.

September 9, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Wow I am praying for your friend’s salvation! Such an encouraging read!